Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
OMG i loved the fic ..am speechless ..and i loved even more coz u set the love story between Roy and Jess ..wut else can i get :wub:
What fic did you read??
Old 09-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Following up to what I was talking about in the dodger thread. Are there fics where Jess just does work after Rory? Cause there are alot of fics where Logan is all about work I mean he is not Mitchum cold but he just goes to the office and then comes home. That's what I think he would sort of do at first after Rory maybe drink a few nights and go on a few casual dates but no like meaning less sex or a vast amount of it. I think Rory changed that from him. Another question in alot of fics Rory writes letters to Logan or diary entries to Logan that she never sends on the campaign trial does she do that to Jess.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Uhm never any that deal with Jess going through that, but then again Jess was the type of person that seemed to be a loner, so just working makes sense. There have been some that mentioned after the last he saw Rory he locked himself in his room and just wrote for days striaght.

There is one fic where Rory does write Jess a letter but actually sends it to him. It is a very well written fic and very believable, well sorta of.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well writing is his job. Their was a fic when Rory send a letter to Logan to and with a fiesta alarm clock very gilmorish. Very well written there is another were Rory and Logan do a emai correspondence before meeting. Are there any with RJ
Old 09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

There is some not many, that have them write or send e-mails to each other before meeting up again. Others sometimes Rory send Jess a fruit basket.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

In addition to what Alexia mentioned:

Regarding Jess working a lot: Generally, he is presented as working in the original Truncheon or working at a new division of Truncheon. In some fics he is working to make Rory proud (he still isn't over Rory). In other fics he is working for himself, and in some fics Jess has a new stable girlfriend / wife, a girl he met while working at Truncheon.

In the fictional Literati world, gifts are usually books (literature books, notebooks, first print), obscure music and similar items. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Any gift in the Literati world generally includes books - and memories of the SH bridge. There is one incredible fic where Jess sends particular books (he was reading them at the time) to Rory. Just because.

Usually neither of them sent letters, spontaneous visits are more their style. However, there was one story where Jess sends Rory a postcard of the places he is hitch-hiking to. Suitable to Jess' personality as he doesn't write too much in them.

In a few fics, Rory and Jess write letters to each other.

Both of them generally meet by accident in Stars Hollow or New York or wherever Truncheon is located or hear about each other through Luke.
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Logan work is usually working hard in his company and he makes it successful or sometimes going back to his Dad's company and having more freedom. There are some fics where Mitchum dies so he has to come back.
Places Rory and Logan meet sometimes by accident, the few by letter and email exchange. Alot at a Christmas Party whether it be by Emily's scheming or by chance its usually a Hartford society one or a office one.Sometimes at a office meeting. Sometimes an office party. Sometimes Rory realizes that saying no was a mistake so she goes and seeks him out. One was by a drunken phone call. So there are many ways there are constantly new ones coming out. It seems like you guys get the wedding and we the funerals lol. You know how R/J's reunion sometimes plays a big role in L/L wedding whether they get together then or provides a dramatic moment at least from the posts people have said and I've actually read Marta's story. An even that isen't in every story but in a few is a funeral whether it be Mitchum, EliaS and in one of my favorite Richard. I don't like that Richard died just the story was really well written. I don't know why but it seems to be something some R/L writers do.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Weddings and funerals.

I've yet to read one complete fic where Lucy and Olivia make an appearance. So far I've only encountered two fics in progress, which include these characters. So many characters are not even given attention in fics. It's as if some storylines in the Gilmore girls tv show never existed.

Then there is this whole Mary Sue issue in Jess fics, where Jess suddenly befriends a girl or lives with one, named "Mary Sue", who saves him from his demise by magically reuniting him with Rory Gilmore. Does this also happen with Logan/Rory fics?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read like two or three with Olivia and Lucy.Mainly because there were two fics that corrected the Marty storyline in S7. There are a rare few where there mentioned. I find it funny that Stephanie who has only been in two episodes is featured so much in fics. She is usually the girl of the group and Rory friend.Often with Colin and occasionally with Finn. There are a few with Rosemary and Juliet too. I guess Olivia and Lucy weren't that popular. Well there are two examples I can think of one is when he gets a fake Girlfriend Ellie who is from society but has a boyfriend not from society and Logan is with her so Shira can stop setting him up with bimbos and she actually helps him with Rory. There is another one where Logan is in a bar doing a pro and con list and Holly the hooker comes and just talks to him into getting a second chance with Rory. Those are as close as I can think of to the Mary Sue. He usually doesn't live with a girl.Although there is one story where Logan meets a girl who lives at the bottom of his apartment and falls for her that's the best well written Logan/Other story I've read even though it was a two shot. She was a girl who wasen't a bimbo or a future Trophy wife but a hardworking girl who loved him. There are some where Logan has a elderly secretary who is like a mother or grandmother to him in some cases who helps him with Rory.

Last edited by fox24; 09-10-2010 at 07:35 PM
Old 11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this thread;
Do you guys have any fan fic pet peeves? We talk about in the Matt Board. Some have the pet peeve of making Lorelai to mean some Sophies don't like those fics, or making the characters to OC.
Mine are I guess making Mitchum being someone who has ulterior motives when he gave Rory the internship I think he was being honest in his opinion. Also I'm okay with Rory acting a little different in a AU fic because she was raised differently but not one where all she does is go shopping. I don't want a read a fic where all it does it narrate what stores Rory and Stephanie went to. A chapter of shopping is fun but not a zillion of them. Another one I guess Logan being fascinated in how much Rory eats I actually prefer the show where Logan accepts without commenting becuase i find it over done. Also the use of Willy Wonka fortunatly it doesn't appear in fics as it used to. I love the movie but not have it appear over and over again in fics plus its an RD thing and I don't like to think Rory is that interchangable by watching the same movie on a first date.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Yeah I don't like when they make Loreali to mean or two easy going I find fic writers have a really hard time with that character. I guess another one of mine is Jess taking Rory back to easily, I like the stories where they start out as friends and eventually it turns to something more. I also don't like characters that are OC some that make Rory to stupid when it come to things like cleaning, cooking, or they make Jess to mushy like always saying I love you, or just doing everything Rory and being more like her personal assistant.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stupid like cleaning I do assume Rory cleans plus she had a ramba. Her room and apartments have always seemed spot less and while I assume Logan might have had a maid. She did do her own cleaning when she lived alone. Sometimes author don't know common sense. Jess a personal assitant can't think of one where Logan is like that. I guess I don't like it when Logan is to mushy either and sometimes I guess to perfect, although there are times when I worry about making that mistake myself. I also don't like when Rory is to insecure or to timid about sex. Cause I do believe Rory is modest but not someone who says things like: "No guy will never be interested in me.." as it was in one fic. I am like really you had two guys fighting voer you in high school.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well to answer the question...

A few pet peeves, whereas I simply cannot be bothered reading the fic no matter how great of a story it may be.

- Poorly written fics - basic grammar and spelling
- Constantly misspelling the name of main characters
- I dislike stereotypes. Jess always being the flawed one in Lit's relationships, whereas Rory is never at fault.
- Naming an OC Character Jess, Logan, Luke or whatever when they are nothing like them.

Say take the coffee as well as sassy attitude out of Lorelai. What you have is no longer Lorelai. Thus, you shouldn't call your character Lorelai. It is a new character so call it something else.

Now, imagine a sassy girl but whose banter is still Rory-like. An OC Rory, who is still that: Rory. That is acceptable.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I remember screaming that's not Logan when reading Alice, which is why I stopped reading it. As for grammer its why I have a beta it might take longer to post and get reviews but its worth it cause it gives clarity to fics. Especially since I have problems with sentence structure its good to have some one to help me. I agree the guy getting the blame is annoying.Getting names wrong is just a no/no cause there easy names. Some grammer mistakes is understandable but not names.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

pretty much what barelylegal said those are the main things that bother me

i havent read GG fics in awhile.. any good new ones?
Ashley486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread