Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Marta, I finally got around to read your fic and must say I really enjoy your writing, especially because dialogues in The Lengths of Friendishness are very Gilmore like.

There is this fic that I highly recommend. It's Of Books and Music by once-was-serendipity. Anyone else read it?
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelylegal (View Post)
There is this fic that I highly recommend. It's Of Books and Music by once-was-serendipity. Anyone else read it?
I'm reading the newest chapter right now. I am absolutely in love with this fic, it's captivating, emotional and just purely amazing
watram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Marta, loving your fic the last chapter have been really interesting and original too!! I like that I have no idea how it'll go or what will happen.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by watram (View Post)
Thank you!

I'm reading the newest chapter right now. I am absolutely in love with this fic, it's captivating, emotional and just purely amazing
Maaaan, ITA! I just finished reading that last chapter, too. The manner in which the author narrates flashbacks are so intense and full of emotion. Additionally, the characters as well as the conversations between Jess and Rory fit perfectly in the Gilmore universe. That fic, so far, is in all seriousness amazing, brilliant and any other positive synonym one could find in a dictionary.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you (again), Alexia

Quote:
Maaaan, ITA! I just finished reading that last chapter, too. The manner in which the author narrates flashbacks are so intense and full of emotion. Additionally, the characters as well as the conversations between Jess and Rory fit perfectly in the Gilmore universe. That fic, so far, is in all seriousness amazing, brilliant and any other positive synonym one could find in a dictionary.
The flashbacks. They are incredible.

There are some really amazing fics around now, I'd very highly recommend Pressed in a Book for excellent AU Literati.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My name is Maria Marta sorry i didn't answer you before I was away for a week I'm kind of avoiding Jess related threads until ABC family finishes S3.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Will have to give Pressed in a Book a go since you highly recommend it, Martha.

I am actually almost at the end of watching season 3 at the moment. Dreading the end to be honest. Anyway... might have to take a break before starting with season 4.

Maria, you might not fancy the episodes themselves, but you might enjoy the special features. There is a cute segment where some of the cast (Lauren, Alexis, Edward, Keiko, Kelly, Sean, Melissa, Scott, Yanic, Liza and Liz) talk a bit about their Childhood and how they grew up. In another segment Sean Gunn and Keiko Agena even show us some fun 80's dance movements. Both are very interesting!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do enjoy some of the episodes don't get me wrong just certain aspects make me want to have long rants I might check out the special features I should rent the DVD sometime. I did watch some of the S3 deleted scenes the one of Louise saying all the women who married her father are at her graduation is pretty funny
Old 04-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's understandable, Maria. And yeah, the deleted scene with Louise and Madeleine was pretty funny!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Just started reading this yesterday. Very good so far
Ashley486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Marta updated her fic was under a R/L one on ff.net. Question in Sophie fics Colin and Finn are usually in it often being a buffer between R/L when their broken up they are both sophie cheerleader sometimes I find them to loyal to Rory and not Logan when they should be but I'm getting ahead of myself sometimes they have Stephanie even though she was in only two episodes and rarely Rosemary and Juliet. Are Chris and Matt important in Lit fanfics? Do they have a friendship with Rory? Are they R/J supporters?
Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nice question!
I would say, yes, they are pretty important in many post-finale fics. They are also every fanfic writer's dream, because they've only been on screen for about a minute in total so it's pretty much possible to create their characters almost from scratch. I absolutely love writing them, it's so much fun, and while it's important to make they seem crazy, like on the show, they cannot be the second Colin and Finn, they have to be different. Somehow, it also often happens that Matt is strongly protective of Jess while Chris is more laid back, but they are definitely Lits!

And that was my 100th post, how nice
Old 06-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations on your 100 post. Finn is usually the more laid back in fics and more michievous and Colin is the more serious one in fics. I can understand that it can be easier and a challenge to write about them given that we only saw them for a short time
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Congrats on your 100th post you can now get a icon/av!!

Yeah Matt and Chris are usually Lit supporters of sometimes one will be pro Rory and the other will be a bit more protective.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

othfan Glad you are enjoying it! Too bad that fic is now complete. It's still very wonderful though!

Congrats, Marta, on your 100th post!

Maria, in response to your question I second what Marta and Alexia said. Matt and Chris generally support Jess' and Rory's relationship. In the rare occasions that Jess & Rory end up as friends only, then usually Matt falls for Rory. Somehow in all the fics I've read so far, Rory tends to be very likeable. No one has ever disliked her so far. Then again, Rory was usually a very likeable character.
Reply   Post New Thread