Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Milo Fan Fiction Thread # 2

This is the thread to post links to some of you favorite fan fictions involving Milo's character if it's from Gilmore Girls, Heroes, Bedford Dairies, or American Dreams or others please post them here!!!

Looking for a fic ask here and someone may be able to help!!

Previous Thread

Last edited by ramgirl; 03-16-2010 at 08:09 PM
ramgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Alexia!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Welcome, feel free to post some of your favorite fics!!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess to bump this I ask the question now you guys have your own post S7 stories, and I've seen summary of alternate endings to 6.18. I'm wondering what makes a good Lit post S7 that different from the others or a good alternate 6.18. For me a good post S7 for example is when both the characters in the couple apologize for their break up like they don't make one of them the villian
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Good question!

For me I think the best past season 7 fics are best when they have form a friendship and then they both apoligize for everything and eventually start a relationship. I can't stand those that Rory walks into Jess' work or apartment and says I love you and then he's like I never stoped loving you...totally un-realistic!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

ITA with what Alexia mentioned.

Usually post S7 Lit fics mention:

- Rory works for Obama's campaign, suddenly work is in Philadelphia. Guess what? Accidentally Jess is there as well. There are several clichéd scenarios on how they meet. Anyway, Jess never stopped loving Rory... bla bla bla... you guess the rest.
- Or Rory goes back for holiday in Stars Hollow. Guess what? Jess just wanted to visit Luke during that same week as well.

The worst part is the following: When Rory and Jess meet, poor Rory cries for all the damages Jess has done. Rory apparently didn't do anything so she has the right not to apologize. But Jess was the cruel one, thus he is forced to beg for her forgiveness in ten thousand different ways.

Anyway, that I never liked.

Generally, as Alexia mentioned, the more realistic scenario is when Jess and Rory become friends again, and then work it out from there. Another realistic scenario would be if Rory apologized to Jess for leading him on on the Truncheon's book opening. And then, they become friends again and work it out from there.
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Obama did spend alot of time campaining in Philly lol. I agree its the best for them to become friends and get to know each other again. I would feel the same way if Seth and Summer for example had broken up after high school and saw each other post college cause they would need to get to know each other again its alot can happen in that period of itme.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey guys, I cannot find this really good fic I read long time ago. Maybe you guys know which one it is?

What I remember: Jess wishing Rory would read him a Haiku by Jack Keruac, while he goes down on her. Something along those lines.

The fic is not graphic by the way.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, that's one of the very first fics I've ever read and I love it!
Here: Like Water Lost in the Sea Chapter 1, a Gilmore Girls fanfic - FanFiction.Net and the prequel to it: A Merciful Save Chapter 1, a Gilmore Girls fanfic - FanFiction.Net
watram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Exactly the fic I was looking for! Thanks so much for finding the fic, Marta!!

I love both of them, too. middlecyclone is an amazing writer!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Marta I noticed on ff.net that you do write fanfics yourself do you find Jess's an easy character to write or a hard one. Like I find Rory pretty easy to write I feel sometimes like Roryologist lol like i know what she is thinking in every season in my opinion. Lorelai I find alot harder dialogue wise and getting inside her head. Logan I find to be kind of in the middle sometimes I find the risk of making him to perfect and losing some of his edge. Now I've never written Jess as a full fledge character even in the fic where i made him somewhat sympathetic and had him apologize to Rory for the Keg Max events I never really got into his head or written from his point of view. So is Jess a hard character to write?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Marta, I been meaning to tell you that I love your story, Lengthens of Friendship!! I would say it's very original in the way you are having talk and about what they are talking about, looking forward to seeing where it goes!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aw, thank you Alexia! That means a lot!

fox24, (I'm sorry, I don't know your name), personally, I find Jess quite easy to write. The question is whether my view of him (especially post-series finale) is accurate. Sometimes I'm afraid that I'm making him too much of a softie but I think that's just the way I like him. He always was one, he was just too angry and insecure to show it in his teen years. And we haven't been shown much of the grown up Jess to have something to base on how he became, so in some respect, yes, it is hard. But I just love him and he is the responsible for getting me writing in the first place and somehow, most of the time I feel like I know what he'd say or do.
In regards to Lorelai, I agree, she is a very hard character to write! If only because of her references, I feel like I really lack any knowledge of popculture.
watram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I think you write Jess well. Like you said writers don't have much to go on, on how to write Jess as an adult...I think you have done well writing him, like we mentioned above through have Rory work to have get Jess back...lol...