Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Milo Appreciation Thread #12: 2012, Milo's busy and we're excited!

"My middle finger gets a lot of use."
Welcome to the Milo Appreciation Thread #12

Milo Anthony Ventimiglia was born in Anaheim, California on July 8, 1977 and was raised in Orange County, California. He and his two older sisters came from a very loving and supportive family.
  • "My folks are my best friends and I love my two sisters. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them."

When Milo was 8 years old, he watched the Academy Awards with his family and knew he wanted to be on stage to entertain and make people laugh and cry. At 12 years old, Milo performed in Shakespeare's 'The Winter's Tale' at a local High School. It was his first real taste of being directed and having to know lines. At El Modena High School, Milo mixed with all types of people. He was the everyday, average student that people liked and respected.
  • "I was the halo and wings type of nice kid that parents never had to worry about."

He played a lot of sports and was a member of the School wrestling and drama clubs (both of which he still donates money to). He was also on the student council and waited to dive into show business because he didn't want to leave school or leave sports to do acting professionally. Milo always pushed himself to reach a higher potential. He took honors classes, but not because he was smarter than anyone else.
  • "I had to work twice as hard as the gifted kids, but because I did, it seemed like a natural progression to go to College."

Milo got into the Industry by luck. He wanted to do it, but just didn't know how. One day his mom introduced him to an old friend who was a photographer. She ended up taking his picture and showing it to an agent. At 18 years old, he started auditioning, booking jobs, and working his way up. He received a scholarship to attend the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco for their summer program. From there, Milo went on to attend the prestigious University of California (UCLA) where he could also be closer to the acting Industry. College became something very important to him.
  • "You learn a lot about yourself and how to interact with people.... I learned so much about myself and about how the world works. I don't regret a second of it."

Milo left his freshman year to perform on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' with Will Smith. He continued to perform on television shows, commercials, and in Independent feature films.
  • "Every job built my career in some way or made me grow as a person or I got to meet someone great."

Milo's breakthrough role came in 2001 on the hit WB series 'Gilmore Girls'. Originally, the character of Jess Mariano was made to only be a guest spot with the possibility of returning. However, after meeting with show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino during his studio test, they decided to make Milo a regular. Despite his love for acting, Milo would also like to work in other parts of the Industry, like directing.

Like his character Jess, Milo loves to read and listen to old punk music. Some of his favorite bands are the Hives, The Strokes, The Clash, The Distillers, Sex Pistols, No Doubt, and rare music on vinyl. He also enjoys working on muscle cars. He owns a '67 Chevelle Super Sport he named Evelyn and a 2002 Chevy Tahoe he named Sylvia.
  • "They're my babies.... if I sound a little crazy when I talk about my cars, it's because I am. I love them."

His other hobbies include snowboarding, skateboarding, and photography.
  • "I'm a homebody.... I'd rather be in the kitchen cooking than hanging out in a bar."

Milo lives a very healthy lifestyle. He doesn't drink and is a life long lacto-vegetarian (he does eat dairy). He respects all forms of life and doesn't feel there is a need to take the life of an animal in order to satisfy ones own palate. Milo has been praised by his acting peers for his professional, sincere, and friendly disposition, all traits that his motto reflects.
  • "Just stay true to who you are as a person. Don't change yourself."

Banner by the brilliant Rea and hosted by Darcy

Milo Interviewed on Talk Shows
  • Tom Green Show (August 8, 2003) - you can download it HERE. The Transcript can be read HERE and Screen Caps can be found HERE
    Thanks to Cristin for transcribing his interview and making the caps!
  • CNN's 'Showbiz Tonight' (January 3, 2006) - you can download it HERE. The Transcript can be read HERE and Screen Caps can be found HERE.
    Thanks to Darcy for the transcript, Canopus for the caps and video, and Cristin for adding the video to YouTube.com!
  • KTLA's Morning Show (March 29, 2006) - Cap 1, Cap 2 and Cap 3
  • The Today Show (November 20, 2006) - you can download it HERE.
  • The View (November 20, 2006) - you can download it HERE.
  • CW11 Morning News (November 21, 2006) - you can download it HERE. Screen caps can be found HERE.
  • The Megan Mullally Show (December 20, 2006) - you can download it HERE.
  • The Ellen DeGeneres Show (January 19, 2007) - you can download it HERE.
  • Jimmy Kimmel Live (February 26, 2007) - you can download it HERE.
  • Live! with Regis & Kelly (May 15, 2007) - you can download it HERE.
  • Live! with Regis & Kelly (April 15, 2008) - you can download it HERE.
  • Jimmy Kimmel Live (April 16, 2008) - you can download it HERE
  • Sunrise Seven Morning Show, in Australia (September 2, 2008) - you can download it HERE
  • The Bonnie Hunt Show (October 20, 2008) - you can download it HERE
  • Live! with Regis & Kelly (November 17, 2008) - you can download it HERE
  • The Today Show (February 9, 2009) - Milo did two interviews there. You can download them directly on the Today show site, HERE.

Milo's Audio Books
  • Edward's Eyes, by Patricia MacLachlan, Read by Milo Ventimiglia (Audio CD - August, 2007)
  • The Dangerous Days of Daniel X, by James Patterson, Read by Milo Ventimiglia (Audio CD - Jul 21, 2008)

NOTE: Please see the first post in Milo's News thread HERE for a complete list of his past Interviews, Magazine articles, and Pictures.

Banner by Alenah

Quotes From Reviews of Milo's Work in Dirty Deeds
  • "Much of what makes this film work is due to its charming and charismatic star, Milo Ventimiglia ...definitely an actor with talent. He manages to carry the film with careless ease, sucking you into this simple teenage romp flick and pulling you along for the entire ride."
    "I would like to see this film provide more work for Ventimiglia, who I think definitely has the on-screen personality of a star." Dirty Deeds Review by Michael Sheridan at Tail Slate: The Source for Film Knowledge

• "Milo Ventimiglia as "Zach" is superb as the smart-ass kid" Dirty Deeds Review by Ronnie at EAR CANDY MAG

• "Meg enlists the aid of her friend Zach (Milo Ventimiglia, who has a bright future ahead of him!)"
    Dirty Deeds Review by Jim Pappas at The Trades

• "I've found Ventimiglia to be a charming young actor ever since his days as Jess Mariano on Gilmore Girls, and he really is the best thing about Dirty Deeds as well. He's not given a particularly original or special script to work with here, but he still manages to stand out. His delivery of certain lines is hilarious and wry, and he always manages to be likeable and charismatic" Dirty Deeds Review by Kim Hollis at Box Office Prophets: Box Office Database, Movie Reviews, Movie Trailers, Up-to-the-Minute Release Schedule, Box Office Analysis

• "If the film has a strength, it lies in several young actors who clearly deserve better material. This begins with Milo Ventimiglia (from "The Gilmore Girls"),who plays an anti-authoritarian high school rebel. Smart, good-looking and energetic, Ventimiglia has star potential." Dirty Deeds Review by Kirk Honeycut at TheHollywoodReporter.com

• "Milo Ventimiglia is one of the best young actors I have seen recently. He really seems like he's much better then the material here. It is obvious that he has a decent range, and I think that it's a testament to him as an actor that he can play this part so well." Dirty Deeds review by Evan Jacobs at MovieWeb.com

Milo Links

Banner by Jess

Why We Love Milo
  • He's talented!
  • He always has a book with him
  • He has those Puppy Dog Eyes that make a girl melt
  • He was on the wrestling team at El Modena High School
  • His hair is perfect
  • He cooks!
  • Because he wouldn't change his last name for his agent
  • He's definitely tough on the outside, but soft on the inside
  • Because "Directed by Milo Ventimiglia" has a good ring to it
  • His friends can always count on him to be there for them
  • He describes himself as Dorky and Goofy
  • He loves his Volcom & Nixon
  • He trusts his instincts
  • He has a Nestle Drink named after him!
  • He has his own line of Limited Edition Nixon watches made for charity!

The Milo Style:
  • Nixon ~ Milo wears watches, clothing, and other accessories made by Nixon. For more information about Nixon and their products, please visit their site at Nixon Watches - Welcome to NixonNow.com
  • Volcom ~ Volcom makes a lot of clothing and accessories that Milo wears. For more information about Volcom and their products, please visit their site at Volcom - Youth Against Establishment
  • Ralph Lauren ~ black suits
Milo's Favorite Charities
  • The Pediatric Epilepsy Project at UCLA ~ This is also a favorite charity of the Heroes cast as Greg Grunberg's son has epilepsy. The Pediatric Epilepsy Project at UCLA (PEP) was formed with a single, all-important mission: to raise funds, provide financial support and increase community awareness to help sustain the Division of Pediatric Neurology at UCLA. Please visit their site at Pediatric Epilepsy Project at UCLA for more information.
  • The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation ~ This is also a favorite charity of all the people at the 'Gilmore Girls' set and is a very worthy cause. It's goal is to find the cause and cure of brain tumors in children through the support of medical research. Please visit their site at PBTFUS -- The source of support for families with children who have brain tumors for more information.

Our Miloaholic Fan List is kept in the Introduce Yourself thread, HERE

In honor to all those who voted to get this board, below is the "Milo Board Request Banner" which helped to make this possible. The original Board Request thread (started December 19, 2003) can be found HERE. Milo deserved his own board and it is a wonderful and fitting tribute to not only him but also his many fans who have always been supportive of his career. Thank you so much!

Banner by Rea and hosted by Darcy
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Aww, you used my title suggestion too.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Thanks for the new thread, love the title very true!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome. This was a great title to use. I'm glad he has so many things coming up.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

The title is perfect TFTNT!

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'm excited to hear more about his projects. I'm guessing he's probably busy filming right now.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
New Fan

Thanks for a new thread, been so busy doing the Irish Bar exams that I have not been able to check up on this site often and when I came on there was so much to look at.. This should make it easier for me to know whats happening with his projects!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
when I came on there was so much to look at.. This should make it easier for me to know whats happening with his projects!!
He has many things going on be sure check in every once in awhile to see what he is up to!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If Milo is busy, hopefully that means we have some stuff to look forward to.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Yep he does have some projects that should be coming out at the end of the year.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Hopefully there will be more news on them in the coming weeks and months.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Just got some news regarding Kiss of the Damned check out the news or movie thread!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy he has some projects coming up.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Milo tweeted a lot again!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

He did!! And he did mention that Kiss of Damned was going to at the Venice Film Festival did say if he was going or not.