Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Media, News & Appearances #8: the Tourist and POTC4 Lots of Goodies Coming!

Continue to post away!

"Well, if it were easy, anyone could do it." - Raylan Givens (Justified)
"You're the Best." - Eames to Goren (L&O:CI)
Restored Sunshine| IconCredit: Me.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Congratulations to Johnny for his Golden Globe nominations.

Vicky
Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hadn't seen that! Johnny! Thank you for posting!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

I believe he was nominated for his role in Alice in Wonderland as well as The Tourist.

Vicky
Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

^ I hope he wins for AiW!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I certainly hope so! He deserves in my oh so humble opinion.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

He deserves EVERY award
Old 12-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenly (View Post)
He deserves EVERY award
I second this so much!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenly (View Post)
He deserves EVERY award
Oh yeah!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Johnny Depp Takes a Break From Touring to Hang With Justin Bieber

34 minutes ago

Popsugar

Johnny Depp posed with fans, including teen singer Avery, and lit up a cigar leaving the Justin Bieber concert in Miami on Saturday night. Depp's not the only dad with Bieber fever; David Beckham also recently hung out with the pop star at a Lakers game after bringing his sons to the La concert. Yesterday Johnny and his kids Jack and Lily-Rose went to watch the Dolphins take on the Buffalo Bills. Johnny's spending the holidays with his family following The Tourist's worldwide promotional tour that kicked off in Paris with Johnny gushing over costar Angelina Jolie. The pair traveled to NYC, Berlin, Rome, and Madrid with Brad Pitt accompanying Angelina every step of the way.

----------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Depp Family Miami Dolphins

19 Dec 2010

Taking a well deserved break from his promotional duties for his movie The Tourist the always handsome Johnny Depp and his family including long time girlfriend French model Vanessa Paradis took in a Miami Dolphins football game at Sun Life Stadium.
Johnny took advantage of his weekend in Miami as he was also spotted at the Justin Bieber American Airlines Arena concert last night…wonder if his 11-year-old daughter Lily-Rose has a crush on the Bieb?
While sitting in a VIP box at the Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills game Vanessa couldn’t help but show off a remarkable diamond ring, could the couple who have been together for 12 years finally be ready to walk down the aisle?!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Those are cute articles.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I love little articles like that.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

The Most Popular Actors and Actresses in the U.S.

here's no such thing as a sure thing in the movie business, and a recent poll on America's favorite actors and actresses proves it. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie have supplanted Clint Eastwood and Sandra Bullock, respectively, as the most popular actor and actress in the U.S., according to the online survey of 2,300 adults by Harris Interactive Poll .

Depp beat out Denzel Washington and John Wayne as the post popular actors, while Jolie finished ahead of Julia Roberts and Bullock. Eastwood fell to No. 7 among actors, while Bullock fell to No. 3 among actresses.

Salaries of the Stars

And all the top-listed stars have benefited handsomely from their popularity. Depp also topped Forbes's September 2010 list of highest-paid actors, with a salary that reached an estimated $75 million for the year ending June 2010 -- ahead of Ben Stiller's estimated $53 million -- largely on the popularity of Walt Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" is the fourth-highest global grossing film of all time, generating $1.07 billion in worldwide box-office sales after its 2006 release, while its 2007 follow up, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," is No. 9, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com.

Jolie tied Roberts for sixth place on a Forbes list of highest-paid actresses in August 2010, having earned an estimated $20 million for the year ended June 2010. Bullock topped that list at $56 million, followed by Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Aniston and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Still, popularity doesn't always ensure box-office sales. Depp and Jolie co-starred in the Sony film "The Tourist," which opened Dec. 10. That film, which had a production budget of about $100 million, has grossed a disappointing $61.5 million in U.S. box-office receipts after being largely panned by critics, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com. "The Tourist" has received a 20% rating on RottenTomatoes.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOHNNY Depp had to be rescued from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s dog.

The 47-year-old actor — who starred with the actress in The Tourist — is not a fan of canines, but agreed to watch the pooch so the couple could go on a romantic date, but soon regretted his kind gesture.

“Foolishly I was persuaded to look after their dog Jacques for a night. He’s a huge bulldog. At first I had a terrible feeling, because Jacques smelt horrible,” he said.

“But then I told myself, ‘Come on, you will survive one night’. Everything was cool — until I sat down on the bed to take my shoes off. Jacques pounced on me from behind and kept jumping around on me.

“He’s not small. Around 175lbs of dog was hurled at me, which felt like about 300lbs. I shouted for help and luckily someone came to take that beast off me.”

Despite the incident, Johnny did not let it affect his relationship with the couple — who raise six children together — and he and long-term partner Vanessa Paradis, 38, enjoyed being able to socialize with them after filming ended for the day.

“We often went for dinner with them,” he said. “It was great. I’ve known Brad since the end of the Eighties. It was great to see him as a man and amazing father.”

showbizspy.com