Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Rant Thread #5: Need a place to vent? We're here for you!

Welcome to the r a n t thread

Remember these rules while posting:
A reminder of the rules which we all have to follow :
  • Always post in a respectful manner.
  • Do not bash other posters, fan bases, actors etc.. - always keep in mind the other people who read this thread. If you don't know if something will be considered bashing just think how the other person sees it & there's your answer .
  • Please stay on topic & avoid any usage of bad language! (Remember that changing one letter out with another in a bad word is still considered bad language. Just stay away from the words altogether)
  • You can always go back to the general FF rules or PM us, one of the mods, with any question.

Please follow the rules & enjoy your posting .

Let the rants begin

Previous Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamaheaven (View Post)
not really a rant, but I hate winter yet I live in Canada where its always cold.

I don't think I can movie further up north than Chicago because of this I hate hate hate cold weather.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tftnt! We sure have been going through a lot of these threads lately.

Ughhhhhhhh! My computer chair randomly broke last night. Im totally going to have to get a new one.

Also Im so nervous for my interview today! For some reason whenever people try to say "relax" or "you will do fine" it just gets worse.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT! I'm sorry your computer chair broke I've experienced that and it ain't a pretty sight

Don't get nervous Jordan, just be yourself and be confident

I need to rant about my mom today. She gave away some stuff I used to have as a kid - toys, clothes etc. but the thing is she didn't even ask or inform me about it. I participate in donation drives a lot but atleast I know what I'm giving away. My mom just grabbed some random stuff from my closet and gave it away and now after searching through, I've noticed many things I was attatched to are gone. Like this dress my late grandma bought me a couple of years ago. I would have liked to keep that as a memory sake, you know?
I wish my mom could have atleast informed me, I would have been more than happy to sort out things I was ready to give away.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

We have I think this just means that we're all really really nice people and we tend to hold back, but then come here to express our frustrations in the comfort of friends

I know the feeling, Jordan Somehow it feels like there's more pressure on you when people say "You'll do fine!!" that's why only a select few knew about this last interview, including you guys The best I can say is the nerves are going to be there regardless and the interviewers know that. As someone who has had to conduct an interview before, we know and I doubt they will hold that against you if give them your best. That's really all you can do, to be honest. Go in there, give them your best, and hope that it's enough

I'm going to go all Chad fan on you and give you a Chad quote that he gave earlier this year and it has HONESTLY held me together this whole year with unemployment and unsuccessful interviews. I'll just copy/paste the whole tweet I made "thanking" him :

Quote:
@ChadMMurray said "If you become jaded before you become successful, you'll never be happy. You have to truly learn to enjoy the process. Don't become angry and discouraged by the no's," and I took it to heart. Today, I accepted a job after 10+ months of unemployment.

Persistence. All you can do is give it your best shot and hope it's enough.
Sandy... I really don't know what to say. I'm very attached to so many things too and my mom has a tendency of just grabbing things and tossing them out or misplacing them. It hasn't happened lately but I get how upsetting it can be. It's almost like the time when my best friend did this extra credit in High School and she made a poster photo collage of her visit to Guatemala (her parents place of birth) that summer. After she turned it in, she didn't get it back for a while so she went to the teacher and asked if she'll be getting the poster back. She was completely devastated when the teacher said "I threw it out, I didn't know you'd want it back". I remember watching my best friend go back to her desk in tears because those were the only copies she had, the originals, and it was of her first time back in Guatemala. The teacher felt so bad but you can't get something like that back! I'm super attached to my photo albums (as well as my moms, I hope she'll let me keep them ). So, I mean...I don't know what to say Sandy

My rant:

I've ranted/criticized Romney during the debates, I just don't like how the guy speaks to people and I won't apologize for that. What bothered me was the people on Twitter complaining about people tweeting their support on election day or being hypocrites saying that Obama supporters only have nasty things to say about Romney instead of saying good things about Obama, when hours earlier they were bashing Obama or saying that people only support Obama because their favorite actors/celebs support him. Basically trying to say we don't have a brain of our own.

Hold up, sit the eff down. I voted Obama in '08 (my first vote) and it was a pleasure voting for him again this year. I wasn't even on Twitter or aware of what my favorite celebs supported back then so your little argument is invalid so please STFU. You want people to respect your views and your stance? Okay. Look in the mirror first.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Aww! Thanks Cristal Thats really sweet.

^ THIS THIS THIS! Very well said!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sandy that is so horrible. I would be so upset about that. Your mom should have definitely said something to you first so you could give away what you want and keep the stuff that means something to you.

I completely agree with you Cristal. I got a lot of crap for voting for Obama by some friends this year saying that I just want to do what everyone else my age is doing or because some celeb said to vote for him which is untrue. Like you my first vote back in 2008 went to him as well and that had nothing to do with twitter or celebs either.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

See, I don't get it. If I'm going to attack anyone, it's Romney. Why are Romney supporters attacking Obama supporters? I don't get it!! It's so unnecessary of them to point fingers at us and come up with lame excuses for why we are voting Obama. I have my reasons, you have yours. Be respectful.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes exactly. I have nothing against people who support Romney, my best friends voted for him. I don't agree with it but I'm not going to attack them because I understand their reasons for doing so, and I have mine for voting Obama.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

And you guys know me, I'm a big goof ball so I can be really sarcastic but people know I'm just being silly. When I say "If Obama isn't reelected then I hope the world really does end next month or I'm moving to Mexico" ....do I really hope the world ends? No. Am I really moving to Mexico. Nope. Take a joke. It's to relieve all the tension and I'm doing it to be funny. To get people to laugh. What excuse does everyone else have? They're just being hateful and judgemental.

Also, when my dad was contemplating going to vote.
"Well...who are you voting for?" - me
"I think he's voting Romney" - mom
"Then he can stay home." - me

I love being a smartass
Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cracked up so hard when I saw you posted about the world ending. I told my husband that and he agreed. He said lets all go to Mexico
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Someone even shared my status because they laughed so much. What makes it even more funny is that THAT was literally the first thing I said as soon as I woke up to go vote early

The messed up part is that Mexico's president is just about the same if not worse (imo)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people have no sense of humor and can't tell when people are joking.

We would have just hoped the world ended then
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

That's when I worry that my sarcasm is a little too good People can't tell if I'm joking or not anymore. I think I make it pretty obvious though!

Right?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you do but that might just be because I'm sarcastic too so I can see it while people who aren't sarcastic won't understand