Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they will call soon
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you I don't think they will, the week is over and I'm sure if they wanted me for the position they'd want me to start on Monday but they haven't called or replied to my email

Employers should at least call people to let them know they went with someone else, if they didn't interview many people of course.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Dude, I feel ya'. I applied for this job in the Summer and didn't get notified I was hired until October Kinda awful, imo
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Woah!! Really?! That is just...wow. That actually sounds terrible of them
Old 02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

It was Apparently they had gotten other people for the job but they had left and then they got to me.. it was weird I don't work there any more though
Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, that is just...I mean, don't get me wrong I'm glad that you got the job after all, but that is just so shady and just...don't people have any shame?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hate how employers always say they'll ring and then don't. Looking for a job is hard enough these days, they shouldn't leave people hanging on top of that!

Ok I need a rant today about an old best friend. She moved away (not too far, but far enough to not see each other as much) and she's spent the last year ignoring me. We hadn't fallen out, neither of us did anything wrong, but everytime I tried to make contact with her, I'd get nothing back so I stopped. She's friends with me on facebook and still to this day never speaks?! Anyway her mum gets in touch with me on there last night, prompting me to drop her daughter a line and get back in contact! It's like she's making me out to be the bad friend and to be honest I don't know why she's getting involved? If my old best friend wanted to talk to me etc, she should get in touch, not her mother!

I annoyed myself because I did end up messaging her last night, even saying that I was a bad friend! So far I've had nothing back, surprise surprise! I hope it stays that way though because I've been quite happy the last 6 months with my 'real friends' and was putting that old friendship down to another one that had just naturally grown apart.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

It is...I hate this feeling. I just got an email from a job I applied for just to express their apologies since I didn't get the position but they will keep my resume on file for future reference. I mean come ooooon! I didn't even get an interview but at least they had the decency to contact me to let me know the outcome and say they at least looked at my resume! Ugh.

About your friend though, I completely understand where you are coming from but at the same time I'd be a hypocrite if I sat here and said your friend is horrible. I know I haven't been the greatest friend, I've gone years at a time not hangingout or talking to a certain group of friends. I'm just lucky that they are so patient with me and don't hate me for getting so busy with school, work, and family. So I really don't know what to say I am glad that you have found a great group of friends to count on
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's my contribution to this thread... I've got my Math exam today but I stayed up half the night watching Lies in Plain Sight... (Really... The things Chad makes me do... ) Now I'm sleepy as hell... No amount of coffee is gonna help me get through the exam... I'm totally gonna fail...
Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Awwww I'm sure you'll do a lot better than you think hun! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck for it!

Thanks Cristal that's how I am to be honest. I can go a while without getting in touch or seeing friends because work and life just tend to get in the way and the friends I'm with now are patient like yours and understanding because they're in the same boat themselves. The girl I was ranting about didn't work and never understood how time consuming life can be sometimes, she used to ring me everyday and want to hang out every weekend as if we were still kids! She's been in touch since my rant the other day and still doesn't understand that we've grown up...but we're talking again so I guess that's something?

By the way, it was really nice of that company to let you know that you hadn't been successfull and they were keeping your resume on record. That other place that interviewed you need to take a leaf out of their book about being decent! I really hope you find something soon!

Last edited by Sazzyness; 02-09-2012 at 08:30 AM
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
Here's my contribution to this thread... I've got my Math exam today but I stayed up half the night watching Lies in Plain Sight... (Really... The things Chad makes me do... ) Now I'm sleepy as hell... No amount of coffee is gonna help me get through the exam... I'm totally gonna fail...
I'm sure you'll do fine You don't know how many times I've stayed up until 3am-4am, wake up at 6am to go to school and no matter how sleep deprived I was I would ace my tests. Just completely crash afterwards Sometimes I get that extra boost of energy when I'm that sleep deprived.

Quote:
Thanks Cristal that's how I am to be honest. I can go a while without getting in touch or seeing friends because work and life just tend to get in the way and the friends I'm with now are patient like yours and understanding because they're in the same boat themselves. The girl I was ranting about didn't work and never understood how time consuming life can be sometimes, she used to ring me everyday and want to hang out every weekend as if we were still kids! She's been in touch since my rant the other day and still doesn't understand that we've grown up...but we're talking again so I guess that's something?
Oh wow, you and I are very much alike! The friends I have here at home are just like your friend...the one that doesn't understand how busy you are. Last year I was going to school (commuting back and forth) AND working so I was exhausted ALL the time. They would send me messages or call me last minute (around 9pm or 10pm) when I'm getting ready for bed and they'd want to hang out...I understand its a Friday night but I have work in the morning! They always had a way of making me feel guilty about it too...it kind of sucks but at the same time they are the friends that stick by me no matter what Now that I've left my job I'm the one with free time and they're still in school being tired all the time. Sometimes people need some growing up to do. My friends and I have had our fall outs, but we grow from it each time. Maybe it'll all work out in the end
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzyness (View Post)
Ok I need a rant today about an old best friend. She moved away (not too far, but far enough to not see each other as much) and she's spent the last year ignoring me. We hadn't fallen out, neither of us did anything wrong, but everytime I tried to make contact with her, I'd get nothing back so I stopped. She's friends with me on facebook and still to this day never speaks?! Anyway her mum gets in touch with me on there last night, prompting me to drop her daughter a line and get back in contact! It's like she's making me out to be the bad friend and to be honest I don't know why she's getting involved? If my old best friend wanted to talk to me etc, she should get in touch, not her mother!

I annoyed myself because I did end up messaging her last night, even saying that I was a bad friend! So far I've had nothing back, surprise surprise! I hope it stays that way though because I've been quite happy the last 6 months with my 'real friends' and was putting that old friendship down to another one that had just naturally grown apart.
I think this just happens a lot. Like I have a very similar situation. My best friend from high school and I drifted a bit because we went to different colleges, but now I'm at the school she's at and I've been trying to get in contact with her so we can hang out or something. But she doesn't answer her phone or check her facebook, so it's impossible I think for you though, people just drift and get caught up in their own problems and life and they don't think to contact old friends. I'm sorry that her mother had to get in touch with you though, that's just awkward and immature of your friend. And seriously, you shouldn't feel any shame or guilt for your actions, because you've done nothing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
I know this is late but I hope your test went okay, bb. Don't fret, it's just one test and if you did poorly, you'll have another chance to make it up and learn from your mistakes
Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
I think this just happens a lot. Like I have a very similar situation. My best friend from high school and I drifted a bit because we went to different colleges, but now I'm at the school she's at and I've been trying to get in contact with her so we can hang out or something. But she doesn't answer her phone or check her facebook, so it's impossible I think for you though, people just drift and get caught up in their own problems and life and they don't think to contact old friends. I'm sorry that her mother had to get in touch with you though, that's just awkward and immature of your friend. And seriously, you shouldn't feel any shame or guilt for your actions, because you've done nothing wrong.
Thanks Amelia, I'm sorry to hear that you're in the same situation, I hope your best friend gets in touch with you soon!

Also thanks again Cristal, it's so nice of you girls to listen and reply!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad this thread is getting put to good use!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

I prefer when rant threads turn into a positive experience. Some rant threads are just pure negativity but there are some like these that can have positive outcomes. sometimes we just need to let it all out