Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

OTH Episode Disscussion 5x15: "Life Is Short"

5.15 - "Life Is Short"

Tentative Air Date: 28 April 2008

Writer: Elisa Delson
Director: Paul Johansson

WILL LINDSEY GIVE LUCAS ANOTHER CHANCE? — Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus) returns to Tree Hill for Jamie’s (guest star Jackson Brundage) fifth birthday party, giving Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) hope for their relationship. Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) prepare for life with a new baby. Meanwhile, Dan (Paul Johansson) tries to insinuate himself back into the lives of his family, ultimately divulging a grave secret to Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti). Lee Norris and Antwon Tanner also star. Paul Johansson directed the episode written by Elisa Delson

Promo
Old 04-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

What a sucky episode. I don't recognize OTH anymore. Can I say i absolutely hated the end of the episode. Why Lucas has to be involved in this ridiculous baby sl.
The only good point : Chad was HOT.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Overall the episode wasn’t as bad as I’d expected, but pretty much like a lot of episodes it was a non event in some ways. It was ok to watch, but just building up stuff. I feel like everything is building up to big moments at the end of the season, but they’re doing overkill on it.

Peyton I thought was great. She still loves Lucas and she’s clear. You can just see that she’s missing him. What she said to Haley I think was just completely realistic. She hasn’t known Lucas properly for 3 years and he’s different now and she’s in love with what they used to have. However I feel like Lucas at his core and Peyton at her core are still the same people and she knows that, so however long it is and whatever happens she’ll keep loving him. She loves the idea of what they used to have but it’s both, she still loves him at his core and she was completely honest to Haley, which was realistic and a contrast to the start of the season.

The Skills and Peyton scenes were fun and I loved their interaction. I feel like Skills knows Lucas so well and while he might know he loves Lindsey I feel like he knows of his love for Peyton too. However I’m not sure it’s his place to say it when Peyton needs to move on. Still though he got her out of that office and I enjoyed their scenes, whilst also loving him taking responsibility for what happened with Jamie. In some ways he’s been more of a godparent to Jamie than Lucas has in my opinion and what he did still wasn’t as bad as the near drowning incident with NH. Still though good of him to step up.

Lucas I enjoyed in the episode because I thought he was a good guy for everyone in it. However I didn’t like him trying to push Lindsey so much. Yes I get that he loves her, but she’s making it pretty clear what she wants and he’s forcing her to edit his book basically. I just don’t like it since it feels like a manipulation. However it is at least being edited on Lindsey’s terms. I feel like their scenes are working towards closure now and Lucas just can’t accept it yet.

Lindsey I actually really enjoyed in this episode because she showed a strength with Lucas that I thought in the proposal and before that I hadn’t seen. I feel like she’s kind of seen through his words now and is strong enough to withstand what he says. Haley says she’s a smart girl and I believe Haley. So Lindsey as a smart girl edited Lucas’ first book, she knows his writing. Now she’s editing his second book and she’s smart, she knows it’s about Peyton and Lucas not admitting that just makes her taking Lucas back impossible. She knows he is conflicted and that isn’t good enough for her, as like she said you need more than love to build a marriage. I think she needs Lucas’ whole heart and whole love and knows she will never have it. I don’t think she’s willing to be Karen’s Andy as apposed to Karen’s Keith so to speak. She wants to be number one In Lucas’ heart and who can blame her when it comes to marriage and the rest of her life? I thought she was so strong at the end and putting that key down on the table was the best moment for her of the season.

Nathan and Haley felt a but like bystanders with the party going on around them, but it was nice to see them getting back into a normal married groove and throwing a really cool party for Jamie, who was also awesome in this episode.

Brooke’s baby storyline I still find ridiculous given the real adoption situations and what they’re like, but I thought the scenes were cute with the baby and the BP/BL baby scenes were cute. I liked the BL scene and their friendship is something I think is something that’s been good for them since the show started. I also seem to feel like their relationships breaks apart like LL did when they were a couple, but as a friendship they’re a pretty tight unit and their scenes are ok to watch. I also liked the BP scenes at the start, which were cute and funny and added a touch of lightness to the episode.

Paul has this way of suckering me in to Dan’s story even though I hate the character. He somehow reminds me that we’re all human, even murderers feel and think just like everyone else, but he’s just not to be trusted. I think the dark side of him always comes out when Deb is around and he seems to show his true colours like he did so clearly again in her presence. The part at the end with Nathan was just weird. I honestly wouldn’t know whether to believe him or not at this point since he’s such a liar and manipulator.

Deb and the clown was just WTF, but they’ve decided for a while she’s comic relief when she’s around and at least her scenes with Dan are always intense. Haley’s nightmare line was classic too.

So generally I thought the episode was ok to watch, but not one of those I’ll be repeatedly popping in the DVD player when the box set comes out. Just too much fluff and filler, not enough moving the story forward. I feel like these 6 episodes were not wanted or something and to slow the plot down to accommodate the plan that’s already in place for s6 not much will happen at all. Basically every episode contains a moment here of drama and a moment there, surrounded by a lot of talking and non movement and also some fluff. It’s ok to watch but it doesn’t leave the show at it’s exciting best or leave me dying to get next week’s episode. I think I saw a lot of setups going on in the last 3 episodes, so maybe the last 3 of these 6 post strike episodes will be better. I certainly hope so anyway.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

I loved it OTH is back guys!

all Brooke scenes were so cute! and the BP scene was funny too. I like seeing Skills and Jamie together, they are such good friends, I love them. And it was funny to see them play with the Wii. We have one too and I could totally imagine myself playing with them

and the BL scenes were just I don't have words for them, it was just so super cute and I can't stop watching them

what Haley said about Peyton & Lucas sounded realistic to me. Peyton misses Lucas being with her, she misses the idea of being with hem. I can't really explain how I feel about it but I agreed with Haley 100%

aww the BL scenes thank you Mark! you have completely saved this season from another complete failure
Damon & Elena
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

don't you love Mouth, Millicent, Junk and Fergie had almost more screentime and more storyline than Lucas in this episode?

the episode was boring and once again I feel like basically nothing really happened, except Dan's revelation in the end.

I save only a few things:

Lucas&Lindsey their scenes were beautiful, especially the last one, when Lindsey leaves the key. Episode after episode it's just proved more and more than Lucas is in love with Lindsey. And more and more I feel like if/when LP get back together, it will be just because Lucas can't have Lindsey anymore.

Lucas&Haley they have the most amazing friendship, the only real friendship on the show. Nothing comes close to it. I loved Haley was worried about Lucas and told him that even though she is friends with Lindsey too, Lucas is her best friend

Lucas/Jamie
I loved Jamie understood the book was Lucas' gift

Millicent I like this character a lot. I feel like her and Lindsey are great additions to the original characters and I wish they could both stay on the show

Lucas/Angie Chad holding a baby is always great to see. Always.

voiceover we got a Lucas, just Lucas and only Lucas, voiceover. I feel like throwing a party

all the rest was stupid or boring or laughably in my opinion

Brooke/Angie
I cringe everytime I see Brooke with the baby, because it's so unrealistic that it's just ludicrous. She proved how good she will be as a mother when she gave Jamie, a 5 years old child, a cheque for his birthday. Very nice. And Sophia doesn't really give me any emotion with the baby. I got more emotion from those few seconds Chad/Lucas held Angie than from all the time Sophia/Brooke spent with her

Peyton I can't stand to see her moaning anymore. She looks good with Skills, please Mark hook them up and set us free from her crying over Lucas

Dan Paul is always great but I don't feel any good sentiment for Dan. If this health problem he has is a way to make Lucas forgive him in the upcoming episodes, I'm gonna puke.

requests:

1) please Mark, stop using Lucas to prop Mom Brooke, it's ridicolous. Lucas passes from being the object of Peyton's crying to being the way to prop Brooke. Isn't there any respect for those that love Lucas and couldn't care less about those 2 girls and their ridicolous storylines?

2) kill Lucas off the show so that Chad can use his talent and time for better projects

Last edited by Manu9; 04-29-2008 at 06:50 AM
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

I thought I was watching the Millicent hour.

That was a joke, right, Mark? Where's the real episode?

Manu, I would have liked Luke with Baby Angie more if I wasn't so confused over why we didn't get Lucas/Lily this season. She's his flesh and blood sister and cousin too. haha I can't believe that Mark has to get some random kid from another country just to show Lucas with a baby girl. Um, he has a sister.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

the problem is that they let Moira go because of money problem and if Moira goes, Lily goes too. But still..if they want to show Lucas with a child, Jamie is there. Maybe Mark could make an effort and remember all of his words about Lucas resembling Keith and actually give him some screentime with his nephew instead of using him to help Mom Brooke who suprise! is unable to take care of the baby on her own.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I know why Moira left, but putting the actors aside, the character has not really had any time with his sister, and that is just bizarre. We're talking about a little sister and Keith's child. If you go back and watch season three after Keith dies, is there any question that Lucas would have sacrificed everything to be there for his sister? How is it possible that he seems to have forgotten her? It reminds me of how Peyton never mentions her father or how Brooke's parents were ignored for so long.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
She proved how good she will be as a mother when she gave Jamie, a 5 years old child, a cheque for his birthday. Very nice.
Giving a kid money for their birthday does not make anyone a bad parent or a bad person at all. Wtf. I know alot of people do that because kids like nothing more than to have money to go into a store and buy what they want. If you actually spent time around kids you would know that their face lights up when they find even a penny on the floor cause there's something about having their own money that they love. And some people give kids "checks" for their birthday as a tradition to be put into savings accounts for them or something like that. I happen to know alot of people who do. Seeing as though toys kinda get old after a while & people know that.

That makes no sense whatsoever and is pretty offensive towards anyone who gives kids money for their birthday, don't you think?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jmarit do me a favour and don't assume if I spend time around kids or not, cause you don't know me at all. Keep your opinion, I'll keep mine. brooke was just too lazy to go buy something for that godson she has forgotten for years before suddenly falling in love with him another ludicrous thing in Brooke Davis storyline on the show. And I believe, and know from personal experiences, that most of children do love more to think the people that are supposed to love them took some of their time to buy them something, even the smallest thing, than just sign a cheque. What Brooke did isn't making a child happy giving him a penny, it's giving him a cheque of a lot of money because she didn't find a short time to buy him something. But after all, what was Brooke's first thought when she wakes up? oh, yes, "Brooke".

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhead (View Post)
Oh, I know why Moira left, but putting the actors aside, the character has not really had any time with his sister, and that is just bizarre. We're talking about a little sister and Keith's child. If you go back and watch season three after Keith dies, is there any question that Lucas would have sacrificed everything to be there for his sister? How is it possible that he seems to have forgotten her? It reminds me of how Peyton never mentions her father or how Brooke's parents were ignored for so long.
I agree it's ridicolous that Lily seems to have no role, no importance in Lucas' life. The latest episodes of season 4 set up for something completely different. "I had Keith, untill you took him from us. And I'll be there for his child. But you won't be. Ever". Look, I even remember what Lucas told Dan about Lily. But Mark tends to forget what he has written for an episode before, let alone a season before. I guess he thinks giving Lucas some lines to prop Brooke and Angie stuff is more interesting for the viewers than seeing him taking care of his sister, as he promised to do. And as he would be doing, if this wasn't OTH and Mark wasn't so obsessed with pleasing couples fanbases, be those LP or BL
Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

alrigth guys droop the check subject . people are different when it comes to gifts .

there's a lot of bitterness regarding this season & esp. the latest epis so many things we say come out even bad then we really mean , I'm sure no one is tring to offend anyone with malice.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
Jmarit do me a favour and don't assume if I spend time around kids or not, cause you don't know me at all. Keep your opinion, I'll keep mine. brooke was just too lazy to go buy something for that godson she has forgotten for years before suddenly falling in love with him another ludicrous thing in Brooke Davis storyline on the show. And I believe, and know from personal experiences, that most of children do love more to think the people that are supposed to love them took some of their time to buy them something, even the smallest thing, than just sign a cheque. What Brooke did isn't making a child happy giving him a penny, it's giving him a cheque of a lot of money because she didn't find a short time to buy him something. But after all, what was Brooke's first thought when she wakes up? oh, yes, "Brooke".
Did i assume anything about you? Um, no. I mean, if that's the way you took it then maybe I hit a target or something... but i was speaking in general. Not to you.

And i was just pointing out that your opinion made no sense But of course, keep it

This is a thread for disscussion after all and i was pointing out that your comment was rude.

Quote:
brooke was just too lazy to go buy something for that godson she has forgotten for years before suddenly falling in love with him another ludicrous thing in Brooke Davis storyline on the show.
Boy, you still manage to crack me up all the time. It's amazing. Brooke was too lazy? You see, she does this thing called "work", some people - i know some don't - but some people know what that means. And she just gained the responsibility of taking care of a sick baby. For the first time in her life. No matter how "stupid" you think that is, to say she was "too lazy" to go buy a present is ludicrous.

And I know from personal experiences that kids love money. I'm not saying your wrong, in fact i'm saying we're both right. And that you're wrong to say giving a kid money would make someone a bad person.

But it's okay cause after reading your post and seeing you get so offensive against my post where i was trying to point out that some people might get offended from your assumption that people who don't care or are lazy give kids money for presents and acting as immature to write my username when you know my name, Manu, that this is nothing about anyone giving a kid a check for their birthday.

It's about your hated for Brooke. You proved that with the last line you wrote.

But other than that. Love the Skills/Peyton interaction this ep. I like her better when she's around him and joking. I hope there's more of them in the future.

And LL were awesome But nothing compared of course to BL

Old 04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

enough with the bickering please ! you said it this is a discussion thread , lets focus on that please , if you can not respect eachother opinions we will ask you not to reffer to what others wrote on their comments.

if you have something personal with a poster keep it out of this thread please

Thanks !
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't remember if your name is kellie or kelly so I went for the sure one and used your username. and yes, I hate Brooke because she's a horrible character and everything she does just proves that

I won't reply to the other stuff because I respect the mods. Hopefully one of the mods will say something about how disrespectful your post is.

ETA: Gal I posted before reading your post. I'm PMing you though
Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchad (View Post)
enough with the bickering please ! you said it this is a discussion thread , lets focus on that please , if you can not respect eachother opinions we will ask you not to reffer to what others wrote on their comments.

if you have something personal with a poster keep it out of this thread please

Thanks !
I didn't see your first post until after i posted, sorry. And then FF died.

It wasn't about respecting each others opinions, i posted because what she said was disrespectful. Which it was. I didn't start the "argument" or bring anything "personal" into it. She did. I don't even know why.

But it's okay!!! We're supposed to not saying anything when other people bash people but they're allowed to say we're doing something wrong when we correct them when they're wrong. I get it!

It reminds me why i don't post here. Because you can't go into any thread without bashing of one main couple. The spoiler thread, the LP one, this one. The Chad one. All of them. And nothing is done. I see, it's all onesided.

I won't make the mistake of posting here again, don't worry.

Manu, great excuse for my name! Amazing, truly. And you were completely okay to say what you said. You siad nothing wrong at all. You just keep on doing what you're doing. Keep bashing at every and all oppertunities.

Last edited by _Jmarit_; 04-29-2008 at 01:09 PM