Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

OTH Episode Discussion 5x12: "Hundred" The 100th Episode!

5.12 - "Hundred"

Air Date: March 18, 2008

Writer: Mark Schwahn
Director: Les Butler

Quote:
THE 100TH EPISODE OF ONE TREE HILL — On the very special 100th episode of “One Tree Hill,” it’s Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Lindsey’s (guest star Michaela McManus, “The Beautiful Lie”) wedding day and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) must choose whether to intervene or lose her true love forever. Nathan (James Lafferty) uses the occasion to attempt a reconciliation with Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti), and the recently paroled Dan (guest star Paul Johansson) shows up for the family reunion. Sophia Bush, Lee Norris and Antwon Tanner also star. Les Butler directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn
Promo!

Episode Stills

5.12 - "Hundred"

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread .

oh boy! oh boy ! can't wait to read what you guys thought ! .
Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

just watched the episode.

it was good but I don't know if I can say it was great. not because of what happened, but because I found some parts were too slow and in some points of the episode the passage from a storyline to another broke the suspence. And some things were weird, like there wasn't a real Lucas&Lily scene and you would expect something after so much time apart. And there wasn't any real Karen&Lucas scene, not even after Lindsey left her son at the altar. That was kind of ridicolous not to have a mother/son scene in there. the bros scene was good, but it should have been Karen there. I can say I hated to see a meaningful scene of Karen with Peyton and Brooke instead of with her son. Mark screwed this up.

Lucas I wanted to hug him throughout the entire episode, during all of his scenes. He's messed up. Lindsey used the best word to sum up what Lucas is going through: his heart is conflicted and I think in this episode it was clear more than ever. He does have real true deep feelings for Lindsey, but he can't let Peyton go, she's still in his heart and it's evident that she's the one for him. You can like LP or not, but they have a connection that is always gonna be there and the flashbacks are there to point that out. I thought the flashback of the pilot was kind of adorable, it touched my heart. I'm kinda mad at Mark, because you can't help but feeling that LP are destined to be together, but at the same time he made Lucas&Lindsey adorable to me. I believe in the LL love. It's just not enough strong to push Peyton away from Lucas' heart. I found it sweet and also sad the way Lucas tried during the episode to deny a truth that is inside him but he isn't ready to let come to surface. The book is about Peyton but he can't admit it, he didn't even realize it before Lindsey opened his eyes. It's something that just makes me feel for him, because to hide, to bury that truth inside himself like he has done, implies that his fears to be hurt and to hurt the others is really strong. And ultimately, that happened anyway. He hurt Lindsey and he hurt himself.

The most beautiful scene of the episode in my opinion was the opening scene, with Lucas' voiceover and LHJ in the car. That was lovely, Lucas making that day for Jamie as one of his best days in his life, that he spent with Keith and Karen. It just was lovely and it brought tears to my eyes. Even though I understand Lucas' love life is a big part of this show, LP in specific, I really believe there should be more of the family guy side of Lucas, because it's the most beautiful thing on the show in my opinion.

I seriously loved Andy. Few lines he had, but those were amazing. he would give up what he has for Lucas to have Keith. I've always loved Andy and that reminded me why I do.

Lindsey broke my heart. Michaela is an amazing actress and it's gonna be a loss to lose her, if she'll be written off the show for good, as I believe. Some people found her boring and naive, I find her amazing and so much in love. She would give everything up for the love of her life. I thought the last LL scene was perfectly done. She wasn't angry with Lucas, she didn't yell at him, she just accepted the truth and left him. But there was no intention, no attempt to hurt him on purpose as kind of revenge. I'm gonna miss Lindsey and Lucas&Lindsey

Nathan I liked him in this episode. he's so much in love with Haley and Jamie. I liked the way he faced the situation when he found out Jamie was missing. I also loved the way he talked to Lucas after Lindsey ran away. The brothers scene before the wedding was so funny and lovely. We need more of that.

Dan nothing can really redeem him to my eyes. And I also believe there's still evil in him. Or that's the impression I got from the way he talked to Carrie. I don't think I'd be able to let him anywhere near my family. But I'm glad he's back on the show, because he brings some dynamic that was seriously missing in my opinion

Haley I appreciated she tried to open Lucas' eyes, even though I didn't like she suggested Lucas to hide the book from Lindsey. but I guess she didn't know what to do, in such a situation. I felt for her when Jamie was missing and she felt responsable. The LH scenes were adorable, as they always are

Carrie she's crazy, what else is there to say?

Skills he disappointed me in this episode. I know he's the kind of person that always jokes, but I didn't appreciate the way he joked about the LL wedding. Lucas is one of his best friends, if he really believed Lindsey wasn't the girl for Lucas, he should have talked to Lucas, instead of making jokes behind his back.

Brooke&Peyton I liked Brooke was there for Peyton and tried to make her understand that Lucas "I do" isn't the end for LP. I understand she wants a baby, but I don't agree with that, I don't agree with using a child to fullfill a hole you have in your life. Karen's speech to both the girls was beautiful. I appreciated Peyton didn't do anything to stop the wedding and was letting Lucas go, for his own sake.

the actors all the performances were so good. Paul is great in portraying Dan, you never know what's behind this man. Chad, Joy and Michaela brought me to tears in a few scenes. I loved to see Moira back on the show, we lost a lot when she left. Jackson is so young but so talented
Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Im agree Lucas needed an hug in this episode poor him

I didnt like Michaela acting. she was expressionless reading the amazing pages of Lucas's book

LH and BP were adorable

poor NH they deserve happyness. Please Mark bring them it
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

I’d have to say that this episode just seemed to get better and better as I watched it. I kinda felt like stuff was being chopped together at first to get so much build-up in, but after that when thing got going I really think it was a great episode and a good way to celebrate 100 episodes of the show.

Lucas I really felt for in this episode, his denial is such that he actually decided he’d written a book about scientist. Everyone can see what’s going on, but him and yet that fear of being hurt has crushed him down to a point where his denial has reached that level. You could really see how much he loved Lindsey and it hurt him a lot for her to leave, but I really don’t think it would have been good for either of them to get married knowing what was in the book. Too much of it coincided with Peyton coming back, especially the part about finding belief in art and basically his writing.

Lindsey I felt couldn’t have chosen a worse moment for her realisation of Lucas’ conflict, but then I don’t think she could do much about it after seeing Peyton’s car was a comet. The impact of finding out the book she felt was so beautiful signified Lucas’ love for another girl was always going to be too much to bear. She felt it was an epic love story, but it wasn’t there’s and there’s no way she could marry Lucas feeling that. Her timing was bad, but she handled the scene after the wedding with dignity. It’s clear she loved Lucas, but sometimes that just isn’t enough.

Peyton I felt did the best she could in the episode really. Yes she envisioned stopping the wedding, but it wasn’t real and she sat through the whole thing, was there at Lucas’ wedding to watch the man she loved say “I do”. That takes a lot of strength and I really hope that she can take Brooke’s words to heart and not take Lucas’ words too seriously. The contents of his book show where his heart really lies. I loved her interactions with Brooke too and their support for each other, which again made their friendship stand out as a strong point this season. I also really loved Hil’s acting and I always feel like she tears up so well, you can really feel the emotion in her face.

The LP flashbacks really touched my heart. They just showed the journey they’ve been on during the run of this show. They still both remember those moments so vividly and that shows a lot. It was also so great from a nostalgia stand point to go back to one of the moments that got everything to this point between them. Showing the pilot and realising it’s 99 episodes ago when no one ever imagined the show would get this far. The fact it was a LP moment too, was great to me, because to me they’ll always be one of the biggest reasons I love this show, besides loving the characters of Lucas and Peyton as individuals.

Brooke I felt was strong for Peyton and very supportive. I don’t think her character had a mass of stuff to work with, but I guess the baby revelation is going to provide some sort of story arc later on. In this episode she was just sort of watching everything happen around her. I do feel like complaining about success and loneliness at 22 seemed so weird, especially in terms of having a child. That is just a terrible reason to have a baby and she really needs to have a close look at herself and determine if that’s what she really wants. If she’s lonely then what she did coming back to TH, being with her friends and finding connections again is good, but having a baby is a little much. She needs to realise that that was her reason for coming back originally, but now she has friends and support and the potential of a new boyfriend. If she has a family it should be because she finds someone she’s in love with to have a family with. It shouldn’t be seen as the latest loneliness cure.

The Karen/Peyton/Brooke scene was so nice. Karen was so proud of them and how she spoke, it really said a lot for the kind of woman she is. I really miss Karen on the show, she was always an absolute stamp of class and the kind of woman all the girls in TH should aspire to be. It was also nice to see Andy back and his interaction with Lucas was really great, especially the part about Keith. I think that really was one of the most genuinely touching moments in the episode. I also think it showed the level of Andy’s love for Karen too. Their relationship was something I was sad to see go after s2.

Nathan was a great brother to Lucas during the whole wedding and I really felt it was great for Lucas to have that when he needed it most. I think it hit on one of the major themes of the show, which was the relationship LN have built. It stands as a direct contrast to what Keith and Dan had. I also thought Nathan was so strong during the kidnapping situation, he was a rock for Haley and that helped her to get through it. The scene with the police was actually kind of powerful.

Haley and Joy’s acting really stole a part of the episode for me. To see her so heartbroken and lost when she thought she lost Jamie was tough. She really felt like she was going to lose everything she cared about and experience any mother’s worst nightmare. Joy really did nail those scenes and bring a mass of emotion to the episode that helped add the high drama. The moment for Haley when Jamie returned was a little bit special and really made a good end to the episode.

The Dan/Carrie stuff was weird and I felt got kinda crazy, but then this is what Dan has always brought to the show. Hopefully we can be done with Carrie now, because she was a total psycho in the end, not just a little possessive, but actually full on nuts trying to steal someone else’s child. I actually laughed at Dan choking her, because part of me enjoyed it, but part of me found another level of entertainment value in the sheer ridiculousness of that scene. To me Dan is a murderer now and he is so so creepy. It doesn’t matter if they play it off as him being the rescuer. He should not be offered any level of forgiveness at all. That being said I do miss the ridiculous drama he adds to the show sometimes and I feel like the dynamic between him and his sons has been a big miss this season so far. Seeing that part and the tension of that could be enjoyable.

As far as the LP propping this goes I think it really had to be expected. One of the major driving story points for episodes after this one, based on what we’ve seen seems to be the LP relationship. To make everything dramatic and show that they were something worth a wedding being stopped over, it really did have to be emphasised so that the average viewer knew it’s importance. This was not an episode for subtlety on any front and I didn’t really see anything weird about Brooke being supportive of Peyton, or Haley trying to warn Lucas about the book. She read it, it’s about Peyton, so what is she supposed to do?

However there were some of the props that were just totally unnecessary. Skills completely irritated me no end at a certain point. I usually love his jokes and he was funny in some moments. I just felt like making jokes about drugging Lindsey, or Peyton stopping the wedding were totally over the top. It made it seem like he wanted the wedding to fail and if that was the case then the person she should have been speaking to about it a long time ago was Lucas. What he said before the wedding helped no one, it made everyone feel uncomfortable at the inappropriateness and only served as further reminder to Peyton of what she was losing, on a day when she’s trying to bury that and be well behaved in the situation.

Overall the episode was thoroughly enjoyable. I liked most of the direction, acting and story developments. I’m not sure was going on with the use of INXS for the comet reveal scene. I love the song, but something about its tone just felt so off. I really feel like that scene would have benefited from being a quiet moment with maybe a light hint of score over it instead of music. I felt like it made that scene turn from what should have been a dramatic and touching moment, into a ‘this wedding is a joke’ moment. Considering that moment was such a centre piece of the episode it was kind of annoying. I’d have to say that that was pretty much my only complaint in terms of the episodes production though. I actually felt like the way the comet reveal was handled was pretty good and most of the other tricky stuff to handle in the episode was done well too. I’m quite satisfied with the episode, knowing there’s six more to come. I can’t say I’d have been satisfied leaving on that note waiting for a s6, but thankfully we do have more episodes this season, which is great.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paul I so agree with you on Skills, infact I said it in my review. I love Skills and I know he likes to joke. but I felt like what he said outside the church was too much and I got the impression everyone was feeling uncomfortable. besides, he should have talked to Lucas, since he really believes Lucas shouldn't be with Lindsey. I found his speech totally inappropriate

personally I loved the flashback, it's one of those moments in the episode that brought me to tears. And it really sums up LP in some way: 99 episodes later, everything comes back to that first meeting
Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Skills was so stupid and pointless

LP its epic.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Great posts everyone and I really agree with everything. I didn't really mind Skills jokes though b/c underneath it all he knows Peyton is still in Luke's heart. Skills just wants what is best for Lucas. I never took his engagement toast to Lucas as him really being supportive of Lucas and Lindsey b/c when Lucas tells him he is nervous Skills says he would be worried if he wasn't, but it's ok b/c Lucas always follows his heart. I think Skills probably expected Lucas to follow his heart and this LL wedding to never take place. I do think there should have at least been a scene in this episode with Skills talking to Lucas about all of this though. It makes me wonder if there was one and maybe it got cut.

I really hated that there wasn't any kind of heart to heart scene with Lucas and Karen. I liked that she had one with the girls, but big WTF that there wasn't one with Lucas? I loved everything Andy said to Lucas and I believed everything he said to him and that just makes Andy really great.

I wish there had been more with Lucas and Lily too.

I am left wondering when was the last time Lucas and Karen actually saw each other. She says she hadn't seen Jamie since he was a baby. Have Karen and Lily been traveling this whole time? I'm bringing this up b/c of Lucas' abandonment issues. Sure they are keeping in contact while Karen and Lily have been away, but if they actually haven't seen each other for all these years this certaintly can't be helping any of Lucas' issues. It also makes me wonder if Karen had ever even met Lindsey? I just wish they would clear some of these kind of things up for us. We know Lucas came back to TH, but did he move to NY while he was working on his book? Did he drop out of college to do that? Did Brooke ever go to college? Did she finish? I suppose some of that doesn't actually matter, but I'd still like to know.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Skills wants what's best for Lucas. but making mean jokes behind his back isn't right. he should have talked to Lucas, tried to make Lucas open up, tried to help Lucas realize the best thing to do was probably to take some time alone to figure out what he really wanted. Making jokes the day of Lucas' wedding was useless and in bad taste in my opinion

I wonder too how much time Lucas and Karen were apart. And I'm thinking too that this separation isn't helping Lucas. He's always had abandonment and self esteme issues because of Dan. Then he lost Keith and Peyton. Then he kinda lost his mother too, that is away with his sister and is kinda neglecting him. This guy is alone now. Yes, there are Skills and Mouth, Nathan and Haley. But NH have their own family, Lucas is part of it in some way but not completely. This guy doesn't have anybody else in his life right now, to think about him, to care about him. He had Lindsey, and I think that's one thing that made it so much harder for Lucas to admit with himself that he still loves Peyton. Once he's lost Lindsey, what's left for him? A relationship with Peyton would be a big question mark, because in the past she has pushed him away several times. I just think Lucas right now is alone, scared, confused and full of issues.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I wonder too how much time Lucas and Karen were apart. And I'm thinking too that this separation isn't helping Lucas. He's always had abandonment and self esteme issues because of Dan. Then he lost Keith and Peyton. Then he kinda lost his mother too, that is away with his sister and is kinda neglecting him. This guy is alone now. Yes, there are Skills and Mouth, Nathan and Haley. But NH have their own family, Lucas is part of it in some way but not completely. This guy doesn't have anybody else in his life right now, to think about him, to care about him. He had Lindsey, and I think that's one thing that made it so much harder for Lucas to admit with himself that he still loves Peyton. Once he's lost Lindsey, what's left for him? A relationship with Peyton would be a big question mark, because in the past she has pushed him away several times. I just think Lucas right now is alone, scared, confused and full of issues.
ITA! Lucas clearly never loved Lindsey the way he loves Peyton, but he did love her. Lindsey was stable, she was a constant in his life, ever since they were together she was there for Lucas, she moved to TH for him, she was consistent, she never took her feelings back, she never left him, always put him first, and she loved him. She was all of that for him up until she realized Lucas still really did loved Peyton.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
Paul I so agree with you on Skills, infact I said it in my review. I love Skills and I know he likes to joke. but I felt like what he said outside the church was too much and I got the impression everyone was feeling uncomfortable. besides, he should have talked to Lucas, since he really believes Lucas shouldn't be with Lindsey. I found his speech totally inappropriate

personally I loved the flashback, it's one of those moments in the episode that brought me to tears. And it really sums up LP in some way: 99 episodes later, everything comes back to that first meeting
I agree but watching it a second time, I did see it more jokingly. Just when everyone started to look uncomfortable I wish he'd stopped, but he kept going and going and I wanted to tape up his mouth

The flashback really did some them up nicely. I have to say though LP have so many great moments and the moment from 409 is so overused. I get that the point is to show how that moment forever sticks in both their minds, but it was kind of out of context. In terms of the wedding being about forever I think the 421 flashback with them talking about how they'd love each other forever would have been more appropriate somehow and would have offered a changeup from seeing the same moment over and over.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM
New Fan

my friend and I were wondering: does Chad have any kind of problem with his eyes? 'cause it always looks like he can't open them without any trouble :p it doesn't matter but we just noticed it and we began to wonder you know ...

thnx!

srr if my english isn't correct or something :p