Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Manu I would say if he definitely had it in his heart to marry Peyton then he could wait. Peyton would have been ready "someday" that's the point. Talking of forever and then not giving the love of your life a year, seems a bit backwards. He may have felt like she didn't love him enough, but she just didn't feel like they were ready for marriage, not just her. Lucas wasn't giving up everything for her, he was giving up everything of some things to get what he wanted and have what NH had. He never even discussed this type of commitment with Peyton at all. Peyton didn't want them to resent each other and give up their dreams, not just hers, and even if she made the wrong choice, part of that is probably why she came back to TH. She heard the words from Lucas in her book, realised he was right about her job. She then gave it all up to come back to TH for him, even if she won't admit it. Shame for her he has someone else now. I just don't equate loving someone and sacrifice with marriage. If one person wants it and the other doesn't and it becomes all or nothing, then either person can be deemed the selfish one. One for demanding it, one for not accepting it. At 19 Lucas might have been ready, but how could he gage if Peyton was ready. A sprung proposal like that can often lead to complications, because it's a massive decision. Lucas had probably been assessing the merits of marriage in his head for months, years even (Lucas Sawyer on his notebook even). Peyton was being asked to make the same judgement on the spot with no time to think. Maybe she made the wrong call, who knows, but Lucas certainly had a lot longer to weigh up what he ultimately wanted than Peyton did.

I do agree that they weren't on the same page, but I don't think that it was about love. The hurt they both showed after the breakup, showed very much their hearts were in it for each other. What they were willing to do about that though was different. I think it was their heads not their hearts that were in different places.

It's like I said though I don't blame Lucas and getting upset was a natural reaction. I just think that he overreacted a litte. I do think though that Peyton didn't give the proposal a chance. It was all done in the heat of the moment, which is problem with a surprise proposal. I think she may have regretted saying no the next day, but by then it's too late. If they had both taken time to think about it I think they'd be married now. That's why discussing at least the idea of marriage is better first in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

It's a healthy debate, and its interesting and good seeing things from two different sides

It's nice isnt it? Not fighting, and just being mature and discussing !

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

fighting is stupid, a good debate is always better

leaving LP aside for a moment, I really loved the basket stuff. Whitey trusting Lucas to bring home the victory and leaving him the coach role. I really loved that. and I loved also the fact he insisted there is something more important than basket in life.

Coach Lucas is really good. I loved to see Lucas jumping and screaming and giving the team directions. Whitey was laughing all the time, looking at him, that was cute. I liked the way Lucas didn't hesitate to take the team in his hands after Whitey left, it was amazing. loved also when Nathan called him coach.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

That was one of my favorite parts in the whole episode. I liked how Lucas even took charge while Whitey was there. He cares so much for the game, but knows it's not everything, that certain things come before it. Lucas has really grown up, I'm so proud of him.

I would love to see him play again though I miss seeing him running around on the court with Nathan.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

it would be definitely nice to see him play again, even though just for fun. I'm missing that. but since they have made it impossible for him to be a basketball player, I really love the way they allowed the character to still be related to the sport that means to much to him. This coaching storyline is one of the things I'm liking the most.

I just rewatched the scene where they win the championship and to see Lucas face when he sees NHJ celebrate together breaks my heart
Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

LP, maybe someday they'll get married. But I feel sorry for Lucas. I mean he got a broken heart, and he kiss brooke. Which I enjoy btw.

And I love NHJ flashback scenes. They are so adorable. What's more adorable is that Jamie's first word is "Ball". I was expecting it to be "DaDa"

And Can I kill Mouth's boss, Victoria, and Carrie? I hate the nanny. I hate the preview. Actually forget Mouth's boss, and Victoria. Let me at it with Carrie. She's such a ****. Can I kill her first?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Manu I'd love to see him play a one on one against Quentin and take the guy to school. Just literally destory him and sort of say "you are just not that good, I've got a bad heart and I still beat you"

Seriously someone needs to take that guy down a peg or two and it'd be amazing to see Lucas do it, not that we will, but it would be great.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

I agree Paul that would be amazing. I'd settle for seeing Nathan do it too I realy hope for him that one day he can play again.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 01-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paul that's such a great idea, I would love it! too bad you're not a writer of the show
Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

I am full of good ideas. I even have an idea for a TV show. I just am lacking that all important ability to actually write a script.

Seeing Nathan take Quentin down could be good too, but mainly I just want to see Lucas play again. Although I would like to see Nathan play again too. Everyone else has a dream on the show. Haley with teaching and music, Peyton with music, Brooke with fashion, Lucas with writing and Nathan just sort of has nothing. I mean yes he has a great family and he's lucky that way, but everybody needs something to strive for. He certainly just can't sit around forever. I think perhaps in the end Nathan might learn from Lucas and become the coach and find that's a dream. Lucas could then go and write full time. Nathan learning coaching from Lucas would give us some good brotherly scenes as well.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

OMG! BL love was amazing. I loved it. Even if it wasn't that long - it was still amazing.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

I watched the episode last night . I couldn't bring my self to write cause sometimes when I watch a good episode of OTH I need some time to process it . lol . it was a good episode . it's weird you know , sometimes I feel this show is really connected to the things I think of in my life & maybe it's the other way around & it brings me to think about them , with all the day full events we kinda keep forgetting , put on the side.

I honestly think this season is lacking a good like GOOD writing . there are elements ofcourse but something about the combination & the rhythm of the scenes doesn't work for me . I see at as more of a cut scenes someone thought of then a whole round episode.

now that I finished my rant lol I can go on to the review . it's a good one I swear LOL !

This episode was what I needed from the start . it was all Lucas . it confirmed what I thought all along , Lucas is lost & is hurting & is very much in an ice age when it comes to his heart .

I cried for him , so many time . I felt the pain He was feeling & If I ever meet Chad I'll tell him that I never felt so connected to a character & to the ideals & belief it holds in their heart like I do with Lucas. I would tell him it's hard cause He makes me think about my life & my wants . and in that lies his greatness as an actor .

He was amazing .

Mark is a romantican . He truly is . I think Mark as a writer has a lot of talent & He has a very strong & very Devin ideas , & it's so realistic to show all those things He is showing in this episode , things like that truly does happen every day . but I wish He would have made me still hold faith that true love always wins in the end . hopless romantican lol .

now to the characters .

I loved the Whity\Lucas scenes & Nathan\Lucas scenes . I loved NH . I love them this season . Joy kinda faded in this epi imo , I missed her , but hey more time for my Lucas .

B\L were really good to watch to . I love them as friends . I thought the kiss was weird ( Sorry Shanshan , not a B\L just yet ) ... but it expressed & connected imo Lucas's past with his present & future in a good way & it showed He is after all a normal guy & human been who needs love like everyone else .

I really enjoy Brooke this season , she's a very smart & powerful young woman & I love what they do with her character .

Nathan , oh Nathan . they always make him the fool . I wish they would show some progress , cause I think in some parts you can see it , besides him punching everyone is getting rather old . I want more of him .

Lindsey . I think this episode proved me that Lindsey has a lot in comment with Peyton . she loves Lucas , adore more like it , she wants him , she gives him love & comfort & don't we all want love , she wants him to love her like we all do , she wants to be his peyton but she's not Peyton . She knows it . it really ache me to see she does . like every episode we can see those steps & I think it's a great character cause you can see the progress & development & the part she has in this SL , & Michaela is doing a good job portraying her . I hope Mark knows when the time is right to wrap up her "role" though . I don't hold my breath .

Lucas & Peyton . sorry I always keep this part to the end . I just ...I feel If I'll start to talk about them I won't finish . lol . seriously. this two break my heart . sometimes I ask myself like Lucas , is there any one in this world who doesn't understand that finding your true soul mate ( hate that word lol ) - sorry - ONE - is the greatest thing that could happen to you . but then again , do we want to compromise our dreams & goals , can we for this love ? I guess in life the answer is all timing & destiny . being there in the right moment . Lucas &Peyton represent that to me , that endless question I ask myself all the time .

The love , the passion the faith they bring to eachother the connection of their soul is something you find maybe once in a life time , if even , but like in life you want to make your sound heard , you want to try & make your dreams come true , cause you are afraid you'll wake up one day knowing you didn't live them or at least try to live them , & you will end up bitter & resentful your entire life ( Dan ) . Do I think Peyton did that right choice ? IDK . if I was 19 I don't know what I would do tbh I think I would have said the same , if I knew it's almost happening to me with my career or dreams . it;s a chance to take . if you ask me now I would tell you , she should have said yes . Both Lucas & Peyton make perfect sense to me , they are both right . that's the pain & tragedy of it . if you believe you have a love that strong that will survive all obstacles how can you wait but then again how can you not , it goes both way . when we are young we think we can swallow the world but when we grow up we understand that we are only a part of this endless fight & we just need to try & live peacefully with our selves.

I think that's what Lucas & Peyton tried to do this last couple of years . & now they meet again . what will happen ?

I guess it's all a matter of what you believe in life . I want to believe it will be good .

Last edited by hotchad; 02-01-2008 at 01:09 AM
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
because she loved him, but not enough to feel like what could have made her happier than anything was being with him. Something that instead Lucad felt for her

word. I actually would like to have more episodes like this. Lucas is the centre of this show and this show just isn't the same when he doesn't have enough space.
For the first time in a long time I felt like this show was about Lucas again. About time and I agree there should be more episodes focused on Lucas.

Quote:
Lucas this was Lucas' episode and I loved that. 5.03 and 5.04 had very little Lucas and were kinda boring. The episodes that focus on this character are the best, in my opinion. I don't agree with the most of people. I don't think Lucas was acting childish or being immature. and I definitely don't think that his reaction was about his pride or Peyton's reply not suiting him. It wasn't about that. It was about realizing that what he wanted, what he needed, what was the most important thing in his life wasn't the same for Peyton.
I really have to agree with this. I don't doubt for a second that Peyton really does love Lucas and that she really did want to marry him someday. Lucas is everything to Peyton. Peyton is Lucas' number one dream, but at this point in time I do feel that Peyton was putting Lucas second and I really felt bad for him. I will say that I think both of them at this point in time were having a hard time understanding where each other was coming from. While Lucas' dream of having his book published hadn't yet come true, he was having all of these other dreams and great things happening for him and he did realize that without Peyton there they really didn't matter. Peyton was pursuing her dream and there is not a thing wrong with that, but unlike Lucas she hasn't had all of these dreams and great things happening for her so she truly has no idea what it is like for that to happen and not have Lucas there. I think it will be really interesting to see if she does have her dream come true and how she will feel if Lucas isn't standing next to her.

Quote:
It came out pretty clear from this episode that the most important thing for Lucas is love and family. I felt it's not the same for Peyton. At least, not in that moment of their life. Even though I can't blame Peyton for not being ready, I can't blame Lucas either for being ready instead. He was willing to give up on everything for her, to be with her, while all of her speech was about realizing careers dreams. I felt like there was an hole in between Lucas and Peyton after the proposal. When they layed on the bed and she told him their dreams would come true, his dream to publish his novel and her dream to succeed in the music business, I definitely felt like this girl has understood nothing about Lucas. Publish his novel wasn't Lucas' biggest dream. Being with her, marrying her, having a family with her, was Lucas' biggest dream. I also found stupid and mean her comment about "how can we talk about forever if you can't give us an year". Sorry, but she was being really naive. There are people all around, in real life, that love each other so much but can't survive distance. An year could really make the difference in their relationship. I've seen something like that first hand, just around me, in real life. I think neither of them can really be blamed for the break up, I just feel like they were in different places for their life and they were searching for different things. Peyton needed to succeed in the music business to feel like a whole, while for Lucas his self-fulfilment is in love and family. I think that made a hole between them. People are saying that his reaction was over the top and he should have stayed to talk and work things out. But there was no way to work things out, not in that moment. They wanted, needed, different things in their lives.
I really hated to see Lucas and Peyton breaking up. It was heartbreaking. Lucas willing to give up everything for her to me showed that he was ready to marry her IMO. The second she said she wanted to stay in LA, Lucas was willing to move there for her. I know Peyton really feared that they would end up resenting each other if they didn't reach their dreams, but I really don't think Lucas would have b/c to him without her his dreams don't mean anything.

I don't blame either one of them for the breakup b/c I understand where both were coming from. Lucas has always been one step ahead of Peyton and Peyton has always realized later that she regrets not going for it. I really think we will see her regretting this later and I think we already have b/c in 5:01 she says she's going home to fix a mistake. I don't blame her either for not being ready to get married.

Quote:
I really felt for him during the proposal and after. Peyton kept giving him her reasons, but he was just going to cry because to him all of her speech just meant she didn't love him enough. Who wouldn't have felt like that? He told her he would give up on everything for her, because nothing mattered without her. But she didn't feel the same. As I said, I can't blame her for not being ready to marry him. But I can't blame him either for wanting to marry her and being happy with her over everything else. I don't think that leaving her like that was bad on Lucas' part. I think she expected it, they knew it would have been like that. The end of their relationship wasn't in Lucas leaving the room. It was when she told him she felt like that conversation was "gonna end with" and he finished for her saying "goodbye". that was the end of their story. They slept together, but they were already broken up at that point and they both knew it.
I do think Lucas felt like they were over at that point, but I don't think Peyton did b/c she still expected him to be there in the morning when she woke up. I don't think Peyton ever expected Lucas to leave her. When Derek was done painting her room and asked if she had a special place to hang her "people always leave" drawing she said she didn't think she was going to need it anymore and that was b/c of Lucas and they weren't even together then. I think this is going to be a huge deal for Peyton b/c Lucas truly helped her get over that fear and then he did leave her. I really do believe he also waited for her like she asked. I understand they were both really hurt after all of this, but why didn't Lucas call Peyton? Tell her he was going to wait. The book signing was 2 years ago and I really believe he did exactly what Brooke said. Focused on his book, approached her in a yr when he called her about the book signing and then when he thought she didn't show took it as a sign they weren't meant to be. Now that he knows she did show though he is questioning it. In the end he did exactly what Peyton wanted-he waited a year.

Quote:
I felt for Lucas throughout the entire episode. He won the championship and Peyton was not there, he got the news his book was gonna be published and Peyton was not there. He reserved a restaurant for them and she arrived in late. He waited for her in the hotel room and she was in terrible late. How could he really react in a different way than he did after she rejected his proposal? All he could have seen in that day was that he came after all the rest in her life.
I do agree that Lucas probably felt like he came in second with everything Peyton did that day. I do feel that Peyton was putting her job first then with some of the things she did. I could even understand her being late for dinner and not being able to get away for his game the night before, but I thought it was crappy of her to take that phone call during the middle of their dinner especially when she knew it was work and he flew all the way out there to be with her. I don't think you can deny she was putting him second in that moment.

Quote:
It's clear that Lucas loved and still loved Peyton more than anything else and even though he has feelings for Lindsey, Peyton is his "one". But I can't help but feeling like he deserves better than Peyton. He deserves someone that loves him and puts him first like he does with her. I can't root for LP because I really feel like I want someone different for Lucas. But there is no doubt in my mind that Lucas loves Peyton more than anything else.
I believe that Peyton also loves Lucas more than anything else, but maybe had lost some sight of this at this particular time with some of her actions. At the end of season 4 her main concern was leaving Lucas. She didn't want to b/c I think she was afraid of what it would do to them and she was totally willing to stay. Lucas wasn't willing to let her stay. He didn't want to hold her back. I think the situation was reversed here. I don't think Lucas deserves better than Peyton. I believe she would do anything for him. I really do believe she was afraid they would end up resenting each other if they gave up other things in their lives to be together. She didn't want to stand in Lucas' way of his dreams so I really do believe that played a huge part in her saying someday. I do think part of her someday answer was also about her dreams though too b/c there were moments that night when she was putting Lucas second. I just don't think she really understood how Lucas felt and really she had no way to b/c like I said before she didn't have all these dreams and great things happening for her so she has no idea what it's like for that to happen and Lucas to not be there. I also wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Peyton in someways felt like she wasn't good enough to marry Lucas then b/c she wasn't successful and he was. Really at this time out of all the main 5 everyone was having some success, but her.

Brooke&Lucas I'm loving them this season. This is so different from the BL we got in the past and it's so refreshing and beautiful to see. I loved Lucas called Brooke to celebrate the book and I loved the way she took care of him that night.

[/QUOTE]

I was never a fan of BL as anything more than friends, but I loved them in this episode as friends. I really hated them as a couple. I felt really bad for Lucas b/c he felt so lost without Peyton, but I also felt bad for Brooke when Lucas kissed her b/c he was just using her to try to kill the pain and forget. I can understand why he did it b/c he felt lost and he was heartbroken, but there was no excuse for it. I think Brooke really got closure for her and Lucas in this episode b/c she truly realized she would always be Lucas' fallback. She would never be first in his heart and she knew exactly why Lucas was kissing her. She was no longer going to do that to Peyton or herself. Great job Brooke.

So maybe in some twisted way (in Mark's strange mind) in order for Brooke to get closure and be truly happy and supportive of LP this needed to happen.