Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

OTH episode discussion #503 : "My Way Home is Through You"

January 15, 2008

KEVIN FEDERLINE GUEST STARS AS A PROBLEMATIC MUSICIAN — Lucas' (Chad Michael Murray) editor (guest star Michaela McManus) wonders about the timing of his recent creative inspiration. Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) make business plans, while Mouth (Lee Norris) tries to win points with his boss Alice (guest star Kelly Collins Lintz). Lucas and Skills (Antwon Tanner) finally make some headway with the Ravens, while Nathan (James Lafferty) tries to wrestle free from Dan's (guest star Paul Johansson) legacy. Bethany Joy Galeotti also stars. David Jackson directed the episode written by John A. Norris.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched the episode and liked i, but where was Lucas? really not enough of him. the episodes are so much better when he's more in them. I can't believe Mouth and his lame storyline got almost more screentime than Lucas

the coach scenes got me. I love this storyline. I hope they keep focus on that. it's so good to see Lucas being a coach and Skills helping him. I'm really liking this stuff and I want a lot more.

LH they are love. the scene in the office was too cute and I love the way Haley is defending Lucas girlfriend from Peyton's pettyness. and I love she told Lindsey that Lucas is very much in love with her. Haley knows Lucas better than anyone.

Lucas&Lindsey
please more it was about time to see Lucas with a girl I completely like. loved their scenes, the first was too cute and it looked to me like Lucas was expecting some "action" too bad he (I) didn't get it. I really liked the last scene too. I loved Lindsey was honest and asked Lucas about her fears. and I really loved the way he touched her wrist when she gave him the glass.

BL that was another cute scene that I liked, which is a big surprise to me. in S4 I really couldn't stand to seem them together, but everything is so different now. their scenes are good to see, I'm really liking them as friends. Brooke has definitely grown up. wish Peyton could do the same.

about the rest of the episode, I loved the NHJ dinner. It made me almost cry.

Peyton was a bitch, she got on my nerves. get over it, you're back in town for Lucas and everybody knows it. but he's not your property.

Carrie is really annoying, I don't like her at all

Dan he will never be redeemed in my eyes, but the scene where he got Jamie's picture made me feel a little sad for him. I hope he keeps popping up because he is such a staple in the show and Paul is always great

Mouth just get rid of him already. give him a storyline tied with someone of the core, like Skills with Lucas, or just get rid of him. this thing with his boss is just ridicolous and I was torn between crying for desperation of seeing such lame stuff, or laughing because it was ridicolous and also bad acted. the last kiss felt so forced and akward
Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

sorry for the dp.

in case someone doesn't want to wait for the entire episode to be downloaded or just needs clips, I made clips of all of Lucas scenes

Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks Manu
Chad looks great in this episode !!

icon : B.Davis
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

when doesn't he? no, seriously, he is looking so good in this season

you're welcome for the clips
Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be based on what people have said, but it really was just a filler.

I know Peyton going to see Lindsey might have been a bit much, because she could have kept her thoughts to herself about that. TBH though anyone who had their ex's new gf coming to see them with a present would be a little bit weirded out. You can totally see how it looks like a territory marking thing. Peyton maybe misinterpreted and went too far but I don't think she did misinterpret, just everyone has Lindsey as this innocent and she is not that naive. She even admitted she was insecure about Peyton and Brooke, so I believe she did go to size them up. Peyton should have kept it to herself, but that doesn't mean she was totally wrong in how she read Lindsey's intent. She also recognised that she sucked for doing that anyway.

Other than that I loved her music stuff and she seems to be good and coming up with the right response to drive her career forward.

Lucas's coaching stuff was great and I enjoyed Skill's role in things too. Shame there wasn't more Lucas scenes, but the ones we did get I enjoyed, apart from where we saw him repeating his false seeming re-assurance thing, just feels like we've seen that too many times now tbh.

Nathan was good in the episode and all the NH and Nathan/Dan scenes were great. He seems to be sorting his head out and getting things back to some kind of normality. The dinner scene was just amazing.

Haley was amazing in all the scenes, she's trying to be a great friend to everyone. The PH scene was awkward because she was caught in the middle a little bit, but I'm sure that will change as everyone gets back into the groove of being in TH. There's just tension in all the relationships at the moment because of the time and distance that took everyone apart.

Brooke and the BP stuff I quite enjoyed. The insta house purchase was ok, but I hate people wasting money for the sake of it when I consider all the people who don't have it, so the extra $30,000 thing was a bit much. I loved her support for Peyton though and I know she'll take a stand against her mom again, that seems to be a theme for her this season. I'd like to see her have more scenes with other characters too though, it's like she's not quite integrated fully into the OTH dynamic yet, her scenes are either with Peyton or her mom mostly.

The real episode killer was the Mouth scenes. Boy did they suck, really off kilter with reality and just plain wrong, really creepy and at times totally bizarre.

So far there's nothing to dislike about Lindsey really and tbh that's a problem at the moment, she's kinda boring, just being shown as little miss no issues. Maybe that's great for some people, but I just think there's no depth there yet at all. I really don't feel her scenes and the chemistry although it might get better is not there yet for me. So as much as there's nothing for me to dislike about her, there's nothing for me to like yet either.

Overall I'd give the episode a 5-6/10 it was ok but it really rates as pretty insignificant for the most part.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

giving Peyton the plant and being nice to her was everything but "marking the territory". it's just that Lindsey has class and is a really nice person, something that clearly Peyton isn't, at least in this moment. the truth is that Peyton was in the wrong because she is the one that was jealous and was lying because she says she didn't come back for Lucas and she's not after him, but we all know she is, it was so clear from the way she treated Lucas' girlfriend. But since she has no rights on Lucas and she is aware of that, she's reacting attacking Lindsey, who is just being nice. Peyton is getting on my nerves and if I was Lindsey I would have slapped her.

I loved the scene where Lucas reassured Lindsey, because he has true feelings for her. he wasn't lying, like he was never lying when he reassured Brooke on his feelings for her. When a love ends it doesn't meant that the words said during it were false. sometimes things just change. nobody can say what the future brings (except that Peyton will surely try to mess Lucas life once again), but there's no doubt in my mind that Lucas loves Lindsey. loved the way he told Haley that Peyton is just "an old friend". and the way Haley knows and told Lindsey that Lucas is very much in love with her

ETA: I totally agree on Mouth. I wish we could get rid of him
Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Manu I totally disagree, you can totally see from what Lindsey asked Lucas and Haley that she was scared about Lucas's ex girlfriends, she translated that insecurity into sizing them both up.

Tell me most girls wouldn't be freaked if their ex boyfriends new girl was giving them presents, coming to see them and telling them "she's there" why would a total stranger want her there? It's plain weird.

Sorry to me that is a thinly veiled and fake "class" that you're referring too, you can see through it more clearly than glass, or at least I can.

I don't even blame Lindsey for being insecure, or for sizing the new girls up, but she so was sizing them up. Basically Peyton read Lindsey's intentions perfectly but handled it badly. Then when Peyton went round Lindsey read Peyton's intentions perfectly as well.

They're both lying, or at least lying to themselves. Lindsey is totally insecure and Peyton is totally back for Lucas. The reason for the friction is because they both know what the other one is about.

Peyton definitely handled it the worse of the two and should have been more classy and I think Lindsey has the right to size her up. So yes Peyton was the bitch in this episode and I want her to try and make that right with Lindsey soon and aplogise. However there's no way Lindsey's intentions were that pure, so I'm not absolving her as a non antagonistic party in this. Just Peyton should have kept her thoughts on it to herself. I think from now on she will though.

I'm not saying Lindsey is bad, I've found nothing to like or dislike about Lindsey yet. She's on the surface nice, but we know very little about her. She's definitely getting insecure very quickly though, so Haley's line about she's not like that doesn't really fit. She hasn't see Lindsey around Lucas's ex's yet to even know that.

The timing of giving the bamboo, then saying to Lucas she's putting a brave face on though and also asking Haley about the timing of the writing. You can't tell me none of that is suspicious. The thing is she's right to be insecure, because Lucas is writing again because of Peyton, the line about about not being this inspired since his first book even proved that. Yes Lucas loves Lindsey, but she still has a right to be insecure. That said I still think that translated partly into the bamboo plant situation, for which I say her motives are not pure.

Also Lucas totally ducked Lindsey's question. He loves her sure, but he never said she had nothing to worry about. Also what he said to Haley, it didn't sound to me like he believed that for a second. Differing opinions I guess, but sorry, interpreted that scene totally different. We've seen Lindsey as Lucas's girlfriend for 2 episodes really and she's already being insecure. If you're secure you just don't even need to ask that question. Is it open and honest yes, but it's honestly insecure.

Last edited by Paul1984; 01-16-2008 at 02:56 PM
Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode

Lucas and his coaching scenes. Again, amazing. With Skills, those two will rock that team and get them winning games in no time.

Lucas with Haley in his office Ohh, those two will never change, I just adore their friendship.

Im kinda sad Lucas didn't have any scenes with Nathan or J. Luke, there wasn't nearly enough Lucas in this episode.

There was waaaay to much whining from Peyton's side in this episode. Any person can see she is crazy jealous of Lindsey, as she just kept bringing her up again and again She goes back to Tree Hill, and she just expects Lucas to drop everything and everyone to be with her? Talk about being naive and selfish.

I'm really starting to like Lindsey, and LL for that matter I can totally see things from Lindsey's side, all of a sudden Lucas is writing again, and it is because of Peyton. I guess she is his muse, she still brings out the best in him. It's hard for Lindsey to see this, as she's the girl he loves, she should be his muse. I think personally that Lindsey brought Peyton and Brooke the bamboo plants to show that they are all in Lucas' life and might aswell get the best out of the situation. Atleast Lindsey is trying, unlike Peyton, who just dismisses her without knowing her at all

Brooke and Lucas. I love their friendship, I really hope we get more scenes with them

Dan. This man still makes me mad. What he did can never be forgiven in my eyes, and I hope Nathan OR Lucas falls for his crap again I'm glad Nathan told Jamie his Grandfather was dead. Jamie doesn't need a man like that in his life. Dan better stay far far away. I truely don't think a man like that can change, ever.
Dan says he misses his famliy. Hello, you killed your family! Don't play the pity game. You killed your own brother, nobody with a heart would ever do that!

I don't know what I think of Carrie. She seems to stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, but then again, it looks like Nathan takes what she says to heart.

Jamie's little secret That nearly made me cry, I felt so much joy for Nathan when he saw it. They finally look like they are heading in the right direction, it's wonderful !

All in all, loved the episode. Except for one thing that seemed just so out of place, which was when Brooke bought that house, and the owner just upped and left. Seriously, that was so far out. I'm not liking Brooke's mother either. She pisses me off. Stop living your daughter's life, and get your own

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with Manu. I really liked the episode Peyton was ever so annoying, gosh she really thinks everything is about her That bamboo plant was obviously not for a marking of a territory, and it's obvious Peyton came back for Lucas, she's bad at lying. Seriously, Lindsey didn't even do anything wrong and it was really sweet of her to bring Peyton a bamboo plant for good luck.

Loved the BL scene, it gave me a serene season 2 feeling and you all know that's my favorite BL season

Mouth is annoying, enough said.

I loved the 'table scene' with Nathan, Jamie & Haley. And isn't Jamie just the cutest guy! I loved the little suit he was wearing awww and how he played basketball with Nathan, really cute. Nathan is making progress with the beard gone, now all he needs to do is cut his hair because it's now almost the same length as mine and it doesn't really suit him

I want Bevin & Rachel back
Damon & Elena
Old 01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1984 (View Post)
Also Lucas totally ducked Lindsey's question. He loves her sure, but he never said she had nothing to worry about
"Lindsey, I love you. That is never gonna change. Nothing to worry about"

he didn't duck her question at all, he answered and reassured her, because he is in love with her

about the rest, yes, Lindsey is feeling insecure and I dare anyone not to be in that situation, with someone from Lucas' past back in town, someone that was very important to Lucas and above all someone (peyton) that is back for Lucas and wants him for herself, something that Lindsey has clearly understood. so yes, Lindsey is feeling insecure, but she's fighting against her own feelings and trying to be nice with girls that create insecurity in her but are important for Lucas and are in his life. She's acting as a mature and classy woman. she was not marking her territory. it comes out clearly from the way she has acted with brooke. if the plant was a way to mark her territory, she wouldn't be so nice with Brooke as we have seen in the moments they have interacted. both the girls were nice, spontaneous and genuine. the akwardness comes when it comes to Peyton and the reason is that Peyton wants Lucas back and Lindsey is well aware of that, because seriously, who wouldn't have understood that after the bitchy way Peyton acted? so yes, Lindsey is insecure but no, she was not marking her territory, she was trying to be nice with someone that she knows is important for Lucas

about the book, honestly I don't see it as being such a big deal. yes, Peyton might have inspired Lucas to write again. but this doesn't imply he loves her the weirdest things inspire us and it's not always love

the entire episode had Peyton going around bitching on lindsey and trying to get people on her side, but everyone has seen that she was crazy jealous and basically being mean with someone, Lindsey, that doesn't deserve it. at least so far.

I really would love to see Lucas sticking with Lindsey, because I'm tired of selfish people that always take him for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine_03 (View Post)
Atleast Lindsey is trying, unlike Peyton, who just dismisses her without knowing her at all
I agree. at least Lindsey is making an effort. or maybe I should say "was" because after the way peyton treated her, I would keep the distance if I was Lindsey
Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

as I don't really trust him anymore because he's said it to 2 other girls and boy did things change
Damon & Elena
Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loezzzje (View Post)

I want Bevin & Rachel back
I miss them too, I hope they come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I agree. at least Lindsey is making an effort. or maybe I should say "was" because after the way peyton treated her, I would keep the distance if I was Lindsey
I was really happy when Lindsey showed Peyton where the door was. Ofcourse I hope Peyton grows up and matures a bit, and says sorry to Lindsey. Then maybe we'll see what happens It'd be odd for them to be on bad terms, as they are both a big part of Lucas' life.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved when Lindsey showed Peyton the door, she was classy even in that

Loes I think the fact things change doesn't make his words false in the moment he says them. I have never believed and I will never believe that Lucas blatantly lied to Brooke and blatantly is lying to Lindsey if then he will be back with Peyton. I believe he meant his words when he reassured Brooke and he meant his words when he talked with Lindsey. then things can always change, nobody knows what life has in store for us. but honestly in these 3 episodes I have seen nothing pointing out that Lucas loves Peyton and he is going to dump Lindsey, so I don't see any reason to call his words "a false reassurance". it's what Lucas is feelings now

Last edited by Manu9; 01-16-2008 at 04:04 PM
Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

^ I totally agree Situations change, feelings can change. But I also believe Lucas says what he feels at the moment, just like he did with Brooke and Peyton aswell

I don't think Lucas would stay with someone he didn't love, so that to me says he loves Lindsay.

icon; gracery | Marie