Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

One Tree Hill Episode Discussion 5.07: "In Da Club"

One Tree Hill Episode 5.07; "In Da Club"

Original Airdate: 12 February 2008

Discription

The gang hangs out at Tric for the night, where Mouth discovers that Brooke has set him up on a blind date with Millicent. Meanwhile, a nervous Mia learns that she's about to make her solo live debut; and Lindsey tries to avoid Peyton.

Credit: TVGuide.com

Stills

Click here to watch the promo
Please top this in the morning
Old 02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for starting the thread

I hope to be surprised from this episode. right now my hopes on it to be good aren't really high
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Just keeping this thread at the top so the mods can find it tomorrow,
Old 02-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

well, i topped it so no need to worry about that anymore .

Thanks for the new thread sweetie

Can't wait to hear your guys thought .

I don't like the episode title , that I can tell you right now .
Old 02-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

This took a while

I thought the episode was ok to watch. I hated the way it just felt like one big string of insignificant jokes though, like the writers cared more about writing that than the actual storylines. Not that they weren’t funny, but if I want to watch a comedy show it won’t be this one, because as much as I did enjoy the jokes, this show is not a comedy.

I thought Kate Voegele as Mia was great. Mia as a character is actually kinda loveable for the little moments she appears. The music was really great too, but for the episode as a whole I just hate the club episodes. It sucked when they did this last year too.

Mouth I’m just sick off and I’m glad the boss thing is over, but really I’m sure he took up 7 or so minutes that could have been better devoted elsewhere. The only good thing about his scenes was that Millicent is really cute to watch. She seems nice, light, funny and a genuinely good person.

Lucas was really infuriating at the end of this episode. I know he’s confused and I’m doing my best to take his perspective in some things, but I just don’t see any way that I can defend kissing your ex girlfriend and then proposing to someone else. I know Peyton kissed him first, but then they pull away, he looks at her and they come together again equally. That was a real choice he made to kiss her, so to go and put the ring he meant for Peyton on Lindsey’s finger after that is flat out bizarre and wrong. The only way I can see it making sense, is that Lucas is terrified of letting himself get hurt by Peyton again and he’s terrified of being alone. So he clings to Lindsey who he knows for sure won’t say no to a proposal. I still think it’s got to be one of the most annoying things I’ve seen on the show though.

Peyton made me laugh a few times and I loved her scenes outside of the LP stuff. The bitter shrew moment was funny. I also loved her scenes with Mia, really doing well to get her on stage and be supportive. She told her what she needed to hear. I can’t hate her at all for going after Lucas. I find no justification for saying she only wants Lucas when he’s with someone either. He was single at the beginning of s4, Peyton then even waited for him and Brooke to be totally done and then she told him how she felt. She also came back to TH for him and didn’t find out about Lindsey till 501. So the statement she only wants him because he’s with someone just does not ring true, at least not for me.

Lucas and Peyton in their scenes were interesting to watch going back and forth about the cheque. I also loved how Nathan pointed out Lucas seemed more upset about the Peyton thing. Nathan and everyone else seems to be able to see through Lucas, just Lucas himself seems to be dense about the whole thing. Lucas spent the whole night chasing Peyton down, which even Lindsey can see, yet somehow it was Peyton who wanted something from him. That made no sense to me, she even wants to leave the office in Tric to get away now. I really think he transferred his anger from the fight with Lindsey onto Peyton, even said that buzzer comment to hurt her. He’s been pushing and pushing to see if he could get that response from Peyton and he got it. She finally admitted to him that she came back for him and that she should have said yes. Not sure I agree that she should have, it was her decision to make and she wasn’t ready, but anyway. She kissed him, ok it’s not an amazing move considering he has a girlfriend, but at the end of the day Peyton doesn’t owe Lindsey anything like she did Brooke. She isn’t loyal to Lindsey and since they don’t like each other, she doesn’t really have to be. Lucas doesn’t have to kiss her, he can always push her back. The thing is after a brief pull back, they look at each other then they both go in at the same time for a really passionate kiss. That’s just a big choice they both made and Lucas is as in it as Peyton is. Then when confronted with a very straightforward question from Peyton, he just says he has to go and see Lindsey. It was a heartbreaking scene, but Haley seeing it again is so annoying. I just don’t need to see this repeated again. I have a feeling I know how it ends already.

The scene with Peyton at the door was totally crushing for me. Lindsey has the ring, Lucas looks a little confused and Peyton is just heartbroken. I mean who would expect that. What was Lucas thinking? Even if before that night he wanted to marry Lindsey, the timing of doing it after a kiss with his ex is just flat out wrong. I just fail to see how a viewer is supposed to be sympathetic to that at all. I know I’ve never been much of a Lindsey fan, but even so, you just can’t help but feel this will end really badly for her, with the way it’s happened. She really deserves better than this situation and so does Peyton. I don’t want to totally condemn Lucas, because a lot of the ways he reacts are human and he’s also always been one of my favourite characters. At the moment though I don’t even know where to start really on building a defence that stands up to anything.

I do have to applaud Chad and Hilarie’s acting in these scenes. They are intense and I’m really buying into every moment, even when I don’t agree with what’s happening. I really feel like they both enjoy playing out the angry stuff together and that comes across. It makes the scenes a lot easier to bear as well.

BP were great this episode I loved their chemistry, their flat out honesty and the support Brooke offered to Peyton. I know some BL fans don’t like Brooke being on team LP. I just see that though as Brooke really putting Peyton above whatever she really thinks. Like she said in 505 she loves Peyton. The hug at the end was sweet too, Hil and Sophia’s chemistry really works for these two.

PH were ok in patches, but I really feel like this friendship has been pushed aside to accommodate Lindsey. Basically they don’t have a scene that isn’t about business or about how wrong Peyton is with Lindsey. That’s not really a friendship to me, so the scenes never quite ring true. They just aren’t the same this season. Maybe you could say time and distance makes that understandable, or even what Haley feels Peyton did to Lucas. In the end though I just hate those writing choices and I still feel like there was a role for their friendship to play again. This just feels like early s3 all over again at times.

Brooke I enjoyed this episode and her interactions with Owen were really funny and lightened the annoyingness of other parts of the episode. Owen really seems like a good casting, so I hope we see more of him. Brooke’s mother troubles are getting a bit silly now, Victoria just becoming a caricature and Brooke still taking too much crap. I do love their interactions though. I just feel like something is missing to add that real substance to the storyline and it’s probably missing from Victoria’s character. I need to feel there’s a soul there that Brooke could get through too. I even felt that back when Dan was around, so to not have that with Victoria is a little annoying.

Haley I found frustrating, because she seems to get easily angered at Nathan again, which is fine, but that seems to be the only thing of substance she’s getting in the whole season. It just feels like Joy has been really sidelined and underused this year. Bits of music stuff here, have lunch with Lindsey there, ask Lucas how he’s doing. Where is her real storyline? Where is her pursuit of a dream being shown? I hate that her only role seems to be to watch from the side as psycho nanny tries to attach herself to Nathan. Which I agree with a lot of people on, is just so played out. Really I’m not saying I’m frustrated by Haley, just more the stuff she’s given. She’s still been shown as a good person, but I’d like to see more than that.

Nathan I didn’t find as irritating as some. I just don’t think he knows how to react to that kind of behaviour and push it away. He had this with Rachel in s4. He just doesn’t push them away. He would never even dream of doing anything wrong with Carrie though. He looks totally bemused by the way she’s acting and the only reason he won’t tell Haley and get her fired is because he seems to think she’s a good nanny. I am irritated by Nathan’s storylines as much as Haley’s though. He seems too much of a bit part player, just chiming in on other people’s storylines. The psycho nanny crap seems to be all he gets and it’s awful. The lack of actual NH interaction and good moments between them is also very noticeable and very annoying at this point.

Lindsey seems to only get in scenes that involve LP driven stories. She doesn’t really have a purpose beyond that. She just bores me now. I find nothing of any interest going on with her at all. I don’t dislike her s a person and she has every right to be insecure about things. Just I don’t care. There’s nothing I’ve been shown to connect me to her character in a meaningful way. She loves Lucas, dislikes Peyton, went to an Ivy league school and is an editor for her dad’s company. Do we actually know anything about her besides that to provide any depth? I just am never thinking about anything happening in relation to how it affects Lindsey. I just don’t feel like she’s anything, but a plot device. So when she has interactions with Lucas or Peyton, I always think of how it affects their character development for the future, not really how it affects her. I don’t think she deserves what’s happening to her as a person right now, but as a character I can’t get myself to invest at all, so I just don’t care. I feel like a lot of things about her character break the golden rule of story writing, which is show, don’t tell. We are told she’s nice, we’re told she’s friends with certain people, we’re told Lucas has loved her for years. We don’t really see it though, we never see anything much of her to bring the substance I want to see. We just get told it. As an audience member that makes me disconnect with her. I’ve been shown other characters and how their relationships build on the show. Lindsey is supposed to be just as valid because we’re told about things she’s done. Why would I have an emotional reaction to that? I just don’t see it. Maybe other people do and I know she has her fans, but I just don’t see the depth and substance.

Psycho Nanny just freaks me out, she has all these creepy little touches she’s doing with Nathan and her sleazy comments. I can’t stand her at all, but I guess that’s how it’s meant to be right? Everyone knows what she’s up to, but she’s just getting closer and closer to doing something evil. She claims to be innocent then says she meant everything she said to Nathan in the bar. At that point maybe he should have just told her to get lost, but I really think he’s just bemused as I said earlier. Even if she wasn’t doing the things she did I still think behaving like a drunk in front of your employer, who lets you watch their kids is totally stupid and unprofessional. Do have to say though I’m enjoying Torrey, she’s creeping me out, so she must be playing it well.

Victoria was hilarious and I love Daphne, but where is the depth. I just don’t understand the need to write such 1 dimensional characters. I think there’s only been about one or 2 lines that if you dig really hard for, show that she even the tinniest bit of care for Brooke at all. All she does is trash and belittle people and despite it being funny it just doesn’t leave any room for growth, it leaves her again feeling like a short term plot device. I know she probably might be, but at the same time that doesn’t mean I want to be sure of that from the off and see no depth. I want to see why someone acts the way they do. Otherwise they just become caricatures like I believe she has. She just fits the hostile controlling mother stereotype that I expect to see as the wicked character in a Disney movie.

This ended up being a little long, but anyway, I didn’t not enjoy the episode. Just it seemed to drag and the whole episode being in the club just really made it seem like every scene was rolling on, like it was just one big scene or something. Not sure if that makes sense, but I’m used to cutting from here to there and this we were just bombarded by the club all the time. I also hate having to constantly listen to the characters speak over the top of music. I don’t want to watch one long music video. I miss the quiet scenes sometimes, especially when something really important needs to be said. I miss the show using score, being subtle and sometimes letting the acting and dialogue be enough. Instead it seems like too much music is used on the show to convey the mood of the scene. If the acting is good enough that will come across anyway. I do absolutely love the music on this show. I just don’t need to here it blare over every single scene. I did still really like the music choices for the episode though, which seem to have got better as the season has progressed.

Overall it was probably a 5/6 out of 10. It was ok, had some good moments, had some awful ones, but in the end I could still watch and enjoy, so it’s got to be better than most of what I’m seeing on TV sometimes, which is why it warrants a 5/6 for me.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

worst episode in a long time. One of the worst if not the worst at all. Boring, utterly ridicolous, annoying with the constant music in the background, that gave me a big headache. I didn't even want to give my review, but I'm doing it in case Mark lurks here, as we all think he does

this show isn't the show I fell in love with. Nothing is left of that show. This is a soap opera and one of the worst. Never liked soap operas so I just hate what the show is now.

I saw people talking about couples' fanbases and how losing one of them could affect the show ratings. The problem isn't even the couples, in my opinion. I think we all have our favorite character, not just a favorite couple. some of us don't even care about the couples. But that's all we get. Drama for the couples. There is no character on this show that has a real storyline right now, except being part of a crappy love drama. Brooke used to have a good storyline, but now it went too far and Victoria is just utterly ridicolous like all the rest on this show.

One Tree Hill used to be about 2 brothers. I would like someone to tell me where those brothers are. I couldn't find them in this episode. I felt like Nathan spent all of his time sitting on that stool and doing nothing but being hit on by Carry. Lucas is now just a means for Mark to carry on his idea of epic (?) love, that works in his mind but is just ridiculous in the eyes of the most of viewers.

Lucas the character I love isn't there anymore. There is no Lucas on this show anymore. As I said, there is just a guy that is a means for Mark to carry on his obsession on a couple that is now hated by the most of the fanbase. Lucas has always been pretty much loved, I think, for the guy he is (was?) outside of that love drama Mark keeps pushing us to watch. In the past there was some kind of balance: love drama but also some other storyline for this character. Now there is absolutely nothing. I have never really cared for Lucas love life, I've always felt like he is a bone for the girls. So I'm really disappointed that there is absolutely nothing I can enjoy about this character. if you don't support LP, nothing is left for Lucas and his supporters. I don't even know if I should try to find a sense in his actions, because let's be honest, the only sense is that Mark wants to carry on his idea of epic love story and he doesn't even care if he destroys the main character of his show, as long as he can put obstacles on the way of LP and give more drama to Peyton. In my mind, if I should give a sense to what happened, I'd choose to believe that after the LP kiss Lucas realized that he is tired of playing this game Peyton always pushes him to play and has realized that Peyton just brings the worst out of him and that she is not the girl for him, while Lindsey, on the other hand, is someone that makes him happy and a better person and he doesn't want to screw that up. But I guess we all know in the end Mark will just tell us that Lucas is scared/confused/out of his mind/totally in love with Peyton Sawyer. Big loss there. This is not the real Lucas, everything is so OOC. But that's what Mark always does. If a character doesn't fit with his plan, he just changes that character completely. Lucas made a big mistake in S1 (once again pushed by Peyton) and spent the entire season 2 and part of season 3 working hard to be a better person, to change, to be different, even being too hard on himself. I guess Mark forgot all of that, as in season 4 he had forgotten the way Brooke had changed in S2/S3. Or probably he just doesn't care. What's wrong in changing completely a character and destroying them if it's useful to write another crappy love drama storyline? nothing. let's do it, right Mark? Who cares about those fans that invested in that character and can't recognize them anymore.

Peyton what a terrible character she has become. Her words to Lucas, the kiss, the fact she went to Lucas' house, were alll just completely out of line, totally wrong and disgusting. Lucas is with another girl, she should have a little bit of respect for him and for Lindsey. I don't care if she doesn't like Lindsey. Going after the guy of another girl is so completely wrong. She did it when Lucas was with Brooke and she's doing it again. I felt so disgusted when I saw her telling Lucas those things, with no care for Lucas and what he has in his life right now. Peyton is selfish, that's it. She cares only about herself and she goes after what she wants, no matter who she hurts in the process. I really disliked her all season and even more in this episode. When she went to Lucas house, with no ashame in showing up at the house Lucas shares with another girl, I just wanted to stop watching. I also felt it was really presumptuous on her part to ask Lucas "You still love me, don't you?" as well as assuming that Lucas had left Lindsey when she showed up at Lucas' door. And how hypocrite it was her saying "I'm sorry to Lindsey"!!! I can't stand anymore seeing her pushing Lucas and enjoying putting his world upside down. She always pushes him away when she has him. And she always chases after him when he has moved on. Let the guy alone. And show some respect for the other people. The world doesn't move around you.

LP totally destroyed, ruined, tainted. I used to like them, now they are a joke, like the rest of things on this show anyway. They bring the worst out of each other. Mark wants to make them epic and loved by everyone, he is just making them ridicolous and hated by the most of people. Great job. Lucas asked Lindsey to marry him. No matter how that happened, he went so far to ask her to marry him. And considering how important marriage is to Lucas, this is something that will taint LP forever. Lucas is so sick and tired of Peyton and his games, that he has chosen to get engaged to another girl. This is a big thing and changes LP forever, in my opinion. Mark should just go down this road, put an end to LP and let Lucas be happy with Lindsey or even better alone.

Brooke as I said, she had a good storyline, till last episode. Now Victoria is too ridiculous. I hated the way Brooke was pro LP in this episode, the way she pushed Peyton to go get her man. She spent 4 seasons hurting on Peyton cheating/trying to steal Lucas from her. And just a couple of episodes ago she told Peyton they are not in high school anymore. The writers gotta be kidding. Do they remember what they wrote in the past seasons/episodes? I guess they don't. Sad for them that we do.

NH+Carry more and more ridicolous by the episode. In real life Carry would have already been fired with a kick in the ass.

Mouth/boss/Millicent I don't care at all about them

Mia she's getting on my nerves

Best lines of the episode
"Do you have like an alarm that goes off everytime I'm happy with someone else?" and "You've had your Lucas stealing face since I picked you up at the airport". Both so damn true.

Funniest:
after Lindsey yells at Lucas and leaves, Lucas exchanges a glance with Nathan. I felt like these 2 characters, that once used to have a storyline and used to be the centre of this show, were sharing their grief for what Mark is writing for them this season

the actors Chad's been great, really great, during all the season. He was amazing with facial expressions and his voice in this episode. In a couple of moments Lucas had tears in his eyes. Too bad he can't get some material outside of this LP nonsense. Such a waste of talent. Same for the rest of the cast. They are stuck with terrible storylines. I'm picturing them rolling their eyes every time they read a script.

I'm still watching this show only because of Chad. If it wasn't for him, I would have already quit. And I'm not the only one that is still watching this show just because of their favorite actors, which is really really sad in my opinion. Please CW, put an end to this agony
Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Manu you probably read parts of my review and I know I've just read yours. We have different opinions on a lot of things, so lets not bother focusing on any of that.

I totally agree the episode was completely terrible. I said it was ok to watch, but then I started analysing it more deeply and it just gets worse and worse. It wanted to be a comedy, but the writers can't write that. So in the end it became just crappy jokes that aren't even funny.

Then there's Lucas running around being pod Lucas, chasing Peyton, kissing, back getting engaged. I've seen the Friends RR wedding thing. I feel like I know how this storyline ends

I totally agree about Lucas being there to be drama for Peyton as well. He gets a token mention as a coach now and then, but really he has no storyline. It really does feel like Lucas and Lindsey are there to be a drama arc as part of Peyton's life. It's not the actions, it's the way it's shot like showing everything from her point of view. Like we start the scene with her and then Lucas enters her world for the scene.

Peyton has to be assassinated further for all the haters to bitch about. More cheating and then Haley sees it. What a load of crap. s1 all over again, but the characters are 6 years older.

Honestly the writers of that episode Hero and Strauss wrote 415, which was also completely terrible. I don't understand how they are not fired yet. They may just have totally taken this season off the deep end. Everything that could possibly be written wrong, was written wrong.

They even make Lucas out to be someone who's trying to hurt Peyton, or something. The buzzer comment and all. Now I get he's angry and hurt and everything else. The great person that Lucas is that I know never tries to intentionally hurt people though, no matter what he thinks of them.

I seriously question whether the writers even know what an actual 'character' is now. They just meld them into whoever they need them to be depending on the crappy storyline they want to follow.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paul I so enjoyed to debate with you, but I'm at the point when I think it's not even worth it, because seriously, I believe the show just doesn't have sense anymore.

of course Mark has a plan, a big picture in his head. And he will arrive to that, in the end. but on the way he is forgetting who these characters are and what he has written in the past episodes and seasons.

I feel so disconnected to these characters. where's Lucas? I can't find him anymore. He's there just to screw up things till the last episode, when in Mark's plan probably LP get back together. he has nothing. Nothing. I don't like LP anymore, so what's left there for me? Nothing.

where's Nathan? he has been sitting on that damn stool basically all episode! I am not a big fan of Nathan, I generally don't mind him, but I felt so bad for his fans. what was that?

the brothers should be the centre of this show and they are basically absent. They are just props to stupid storylines. They have so little screentime that I feel like I'm watching another show. On the other hand, I have to sit through Mia and The honorary title singing their songs, wasting about 7 minutes of time. What the hell? I'm not at a concert. And then there's Carry, being such a **** that I feel really bad for the younger people that watch this show.

there is no continuity on One Tree Hill. It's always been a problem with the show, but now it's just gone too far. Brooke was so OOC in this episode I want to laugh. Lucas seems like he lost his mind. I can't even feel like trying to give an explanation to his actions, because seriously, there is just one: Mark doesn't know what he is doing anymore.

right now, on this show there is nothing. there is no storyline at all. just a bunch of characters that go around saying things the real characters would never say.

I think we have almost reached the bottom. we are at a point in which even the LPers have a problem with their couple and feel the strong need to see Lucas/Peyton redeem themselves. Part of the LP fanbase hates Peyton, part hates Lucas, part feel they are both OOC. same with NH. I lurk on their threads and they are split too, and they can't believe what's happening, like some of the LPers. And the BLers have just lost hope. And those that ship these characters as individuals and not in couples just can't find anything to enjoy.

I think this is a big sign that Mark has screwed up. I blame also the other writers, but here is Mark that makes the big plan. I can't see anyone happy with what the show is now and I can't believe the same guy that wrote Season 1 is writing this crap.

A lot of people keep watching this show because of their favorite actor: now I'm one of them. I think this is the saddest thing that can happen with a show. It's the sign of the end. And I can't believe we could get another season.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

I agree it seems like the world has flipped upside down. It's a shame we can't debate because I enjoy the debates too Manu, but what could we debate? We could debate our favourite characters actions, but neither of us liked them.

The plan of just messing it up because it's 4 years later seems to be Mark's grand scheme. People change and blah blah. Well then if they've changed show us why, show us more flashbacks of things they did in the past to change them. Don't just expect us to buy it when everyone is just totally different. I wouldn't even complain so much if it was good different, but it isn't.

Every character is a lesser version of themselves. Lucas, Peyton and Nathan in particular. Brooke is nicer now, but she used to be strong and confident about going for things. Now we just see a weak girl stuck under her mothers control at 22. Haley is shown like an old granny just hen mothering everyone and judging their actions. Not saying she's been nasty or wrong, just that the writing for her character is boring.

I see NH fans in the discussion thread and they're appauled. LP fans are appauled too. I mean I know where this is going. Part of me loves the angst, but then an engagement is just going too far. We begged basically for anything to happen apart from third party drama. Yet what do we get but another crappy love triangle. We had that for 4 years and we're tired.

NH on the other hand get a repeat of the guy stealing skank storyline. Only they get to see Nathan just sort of play along with it.

I'm not a Nathan fan either, but you're right, he is meant to be a main character, part of the main premise of the show. Yet he sat on a stool and made brief comments about other peoples lives. He's another one with no storyline. Just skank nanny and that's it.

Haley too, what is her storyline other than being worried about skank nanny every now and then?

Peyton basically just has Lucas drama, the music stuff gets 5 minutes here and there. What happened to these great careers we were told about when they started promoting the show? I wanted to see Lucas coaching, developing his life while writing. I wanted to see Nathan beating his injury in rehab. I wanted to see Haley get into teaching and feel rewarded. I wanted to see Peyton make it in music or art and really do something meaningful like she wanted. I wanted to see Brooke actually have something meaningful with her mom.

Instead, what do we get? We get love triangles and skanky nannies with too much loud music over the top of it. Basically because of all that crap getting so much time, we never even see any of the stuff we wanted.

The sad thing is last nights episode went against Idol and got 3.21m viewers. Meaning a s6 is likely. In reality real fans of the show are just praying for an ending of some sort before the show is ruined beyond recognition, if it isn't already. The quality has just been on a constant decline since s1 for me. It was gradual, but you reach a breaking point and this episode might just be it.

I think the ratings prove though, the public who don't care one way or the other about the characters really, who just watch the show casually, are taken in by all the shock drama. So instead of going for quality, Mark opts for desperation tactics to keep the show on air. Ratings grabbing soap crap basically.

Like you I am a fan of Chad. I'm also a massive Hilarie fan. So I'll keep watching. Hoping my favourite characters and couples get better scenes I can enjoy more. I know though if every episode was like last night I'd be tuning out quickly.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just feel really sad, because I used to be excited about this show and now I don't even feel like watching.

I can't believe an entire team of writers couldn't come up with something different than this. the premises were all good, for all of the characters. they all had something to deal with as individuals. and then the writers could have added the love to that. instead all of those things are being put aside to fill instead the screentime with things like ****ty carrie.

it really scares me the idea of what Mark could do in season 6. put that he writes the season 5 finale when he still doesn't know if we get season 6 and he gives a proper closure to the storylines, putting LP and NH together. then we get season 6. and he has to screw things up again. what will he come up with? it's a thought that really scares me
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

I'd prefer the CW got their act together and told him, so we know everything at at least works to a plan. I hate the idea more that he could think he has a s6. He's very optimistic. And then we get stuck with a cliffhanger ending and the show is done. I hate that when I've watched shows for years. It's just terrible really. I wouldn't read a book if someone tore out the last 20 pages. So I would like an ending of some kind.

Instead of all the repetitive drama, lets have something original and I know this is an unconventional thought. Don't make such a massive deal of NH and LP having drama in their relationships. Not back and forth anyway. Get them together and happy. Then have LP discussing kids or something maybe. Or perhaps they struggle to have kids. Just anything different. Then push the couples stuff into the background a little for these characters. It's been 5 seasons now. It should be happy or bust by that point really.

Instead have them with a few coupley moments, but focus on their individual storylines for the most part.

Now I know every show needs it's will they or won't they love story, so why not focus that area on Brooke. Have Owen become a fixture and finally give her a good guy. Make it dramatic but not over the top and have that be the shows love themed story.

It just seems the writers don't even have the sense they were born with. They can't move on and generate any new ideas. It's pitiful.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
Best lines of the episode "Do you have like an alarm that goes off everytime I'm happy with someone else?" and "You've had your Lucas stealing face since I picked you up at the airport". Both so damn true.
OMG I was just about to say this too. those lines had me cracking up so bad

for the rest; a bit boring episode and Peyton was annoying as hell as usual.
Damon & Elena
Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Well, that seemed like a waste of time

No surprise, like you guys I didn't like the episode either. There was no plot whatsoever. There were a few laughs here and there, but they keep playing the same stupid game, it's the same issues every episode, and it's getting dull very fast. OTH needs something refreshing, some new plots, enough with this love crap, we've been watching it for 4 seasons, give it a break now.

Where the hell is Lucas? He's not the same person anymore, I don't know the person he has become, and I don't like him either. He needs to start thinking, and needs to stop being an ass.
He uses any excuse to go see Peyton, to talk with her, and justifies it to Lindsay as Peyton just being a friend who he cares alot about.
That's not really the impression I have been getting thorughout the season, and def. not when Lucas kissed Peyton back after she had kissed him.. Afterwards he goes ahead and purposes to Lindsay? This is so screwed up, it's ridiculous.

So for the last 5 episodes that are left, I bet we are going to keep hearing Peyton complain about Lucas and Lindsay, and

The only really good thing about this episode was Mia's performance.

Carrie is annoying as hell, all Brooke did was sit on some bar stool and give advice, when she clearly needs some herself, it's nice to see her putting her friends first, but she also needs to think about herself.
Nathan just sat aswell in this episode, chatting with that home wrecker.

What's up with Haley, shes become so boring She seriously reminds me of some old house wife, with her clothes, her attitude, and just everything. You're young, just cause you're married and have a kid doesn't mean you can't be your age and have some fun sometimes..

All I'm doing is ranting, so I'm going to stop now

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

omg you guys you are depressing me

then again I still haven't watched the episode .

umm. one thing for sure , if you guys feel so strongley about it I know Chad did well . .
Old 02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

The acting was good... Nobody can resist a tear eyed Lucas... But the storyline... It's just not there

icon; gracery | Marie