Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

'One Tree Hill' - 9x07: "Last Known Surroundings"

One Tree Hill - episode 9.07 Last Known Surroundings

Synopsis
Haley seeks help from Lucas as Nathan makes an escape attempt. Brooke comes face-to-face with Xavier. Julian uncovers evidence that assists Dan in his search for Nathan. Clay makes a connection with another patient.
Director: Austin Nichols
Written By: Mark Schwahn

Stills:
Video Clips

Season 9 Official Trailer via OTH's Official Facebook: Dec 5, 2011 1:20pm | Facebook

Photos from filming
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, we used to always post episode discussion threads and I thought we should one last time, for old times sake :')

This thread will be up for one full week, and feel free to discuss anything about the episode, either as it's airing or whenever you finish it. And we'll discuss everything, what you liked, what you didn't, whatever!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, Amelia I didn't see that you posted this! has been hating me all day and I thought we were going to be left without a discussion thread. Ugh.

I'll come in here first thing in the morning to post my thoughts and reactions.

Last edited by UpInFlames; 04-28-2013 at 04:15 AM
Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cristal I loved your gif summary!!!

I've just watched the episode online, really don't like to say that I was let down and disappointed, but I kinda was (please don't hate me lol) I just didn't like how Haley said "You don't call, you don't write" because we all know Luke would have and I also thought we'd get more than we did.

On the plus side though, I did love the whole reunion with Haley and the mentions of Peyton and Sawyer (that phone call was the sweetest!) I also loved the bit with Jamie hugging him at the end.

So yeah the good outways the bad and it was really great to see him back!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cristal I love your gif summary bb.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I saw the episode with a little too much expectations... so that's probably to blame..
What I didn't like - Lucas not writing or calling Haley? Yeah right. She's his best friend! Why would he do that? And then Lucas really needed WAYYY more screen time than 9 minutes... CMON it's Lucas Eugene Scott we're talking about here And I already knew that he only had scenes at the airport, but it's so UNLIKE Lucas to come back to the town he grew up in and not even visit the RiverCourt or Karen's Cafe... Also, I was really hoping for a voice-over narration by Chad for old times sake but nooooo Mark won't let that happen - this is New OTH... No more Lucas voice-overs
What I did like - Although the script and the screentime sorta sucked, Chad and Joy did justice to Lucas and Haley... They still have great chemistry together... I loved it whenever they hugged I loved the "moustache" scene with Jamie and Haley calling Sawyer on the phone... I didn't mind the hair... (atleast not as much as the rest of the world) The last scene though... it really touched my heart... Jamie putting a brave front for Haley and breaking down the minute she leaves... I wish that scene had been extended a bit and we could have seen Lucas comforting Jamie...
Overall... It was fine... It was great to see Lucas back... Atleast it would be written down in history that the original protagonist was indeed present in the final season of OTH
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

OMG tears came to my eyes when Lucas came in I was so excited to see him and I so wish he had more time but I guess some is better then none... is this the only episode he is going to be on?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Has this picture been posted before?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, I have to see the episode still (it's on my computer). I've been really busy with school but I'll see it either today or tomorrow to comment on it.

and no, it hasn't! where did you find it? I'd like to ask the poster for an original!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I'm watching this episode now, finally. 13 minutes in and yay Chad But holllllly moly, what has happened to this show?! so many sexual references, naked bodies, people getting abused, drugs..
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

I just finished watching the whole episode. It was so weird to rewatch a 'new' OTH episode. Like, it reminded me of all those s6 episodes I watched and hated because Chad didn't have anything to do (btw why is Nathan kidnapped by some Russians again?)

But I actually liked the episode and thought it was interesting. It's crazy how much stuff has happened, I'm glad that Lucas spent time with Haley (and Jamie and Quinn and Lydia) and wasn't with some new person we've only known for 2 minutes.

The Haley/Lucas scenes seemed like old times, for real I LOVED the hand holding -

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
I saw the episode with a little too much expectations... so that's probably to blame..
What I didn't like - Lucas not writing or calling Haley? Yeah right. She's his best friend! Why would he do that? And then Lucas really needed WAYYY more screen time than 9 minutes... CMON it's Lucas Eugene Scott we're talking about here And I already knew that he only had scenes at the airport, but it's so UNLIKE Lucas to come back to the town he grew up in and not even visit the RiverCourt or Karen's Cafe... Also, I was really hoping for a voice-over narration by Chad for old times sake but nooooo Mark won't let that happen - this is New OTH... No more Lucas voice-overs
I agree with all of this

by the way, did anyone notice that Stephen's character seemed very Lucas like?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
I just finished watching the whole episode. It was so weird to rewatch a 'new' OTH episode. Like, it reminded me of all those s6 episodes I watched and hated because Chad didn't have anything to do (btw why is Nathan kidnapped by some Russians again?)
I think it had something to do with Nathan going to Europe to recruit a basketball player. Apparently the basketball player he's trying to draft means money for some Russian mob or something I can't really remember the details

I agree, it sucks that they didn't put Lucas' return to good use. Everyone is outraged about the pointlessness of it. I actually didn't mind season 6...but that might be the Leyton fan in me that was happy to finally see them get everything right for once It's a bummer that his movie fell through though, I loved Lucas becoming a screenwriter

Quote:
by the way, did anyone notice that Stephen's character seemed very Lucas like?
How do you mean?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

this show is such a soap opera, it cracks me up (almost)

I don't know, like did people really expect Chad to have a hug story line? Like I feel like everyone put waaaaaaaaay too much into this. We all knew it was a little filler spot, like he wasn't going to do much

I meant that Stephen's relationship with Jamie's friend, the one who's dad is apparently abusing him. Stephen's actions seemed very Lucas-like. He was very paternal and fun and caring. It sorta reminded me of Lucas
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

When you're watching the episode and you're into it, you don't really think how soapy it is until you actually explain an episode to a non-OTH fan... Oh man.

I think people wanted it to feel more like Lucas was back, not like Chad came out to hang out in the airport I think that's the part that bothered me. If I wrote Lucas' great comeback I would have axed that whole "Lucas didn't write or call Haley" bit ( ) and just had him show up on her doorstep after hearing how distressed she is. I think I would have been in tears seeing Haley's shocked face and seeing her fall into his arms with such relief.

Quote:
I meant that Stephen's relationship with Jamie's friend, the one who's dad is apparently abusing him. Stephen's actions seemed very Lucas-like. He was very paternal and fun and caring. It sorta reminded me of Lucas
Oh gosh, if you would've seen 9.08 you wouldn't think he was very Lucas-like anymore. Chase suddenly went psycho crazy when he went to say goodbye to Chuck and he heard commotion in their house. He pulled a crow bar from his trunk and went inside to beat the living hell out of Chuck's dad with it When he was put in the cop car he was covered with blood splatter and such a crazed look in his eye. BOY SNAPPED!

But for a minute, yes Chase was a bit like Lucas stepping in to be a surrogate father
Old 03-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Detopping this since its been over a week since the episode aired. Still feel free to discuss if you guys have more thoughts to share!