Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

CMM In "You Gotta Go There to Come Back"

TV Guide description:

BROOKE AND LUCAS GO ON A VERY MEMORABLE FIRST DATE –— After Whitey (Barry Corbin) cancels basketball practice, Brooke (Sophia Bush) convinces Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) to let loose and takes him out for a wild night out on the town. Meanwhile, Deb (Barbara Allyn Woods) instructs Dan (Paul Johansson) to take Nathan (James Lafferty) away for a father-son weekend to try and rebuild their relationship, but things don’t go exactly as she had hoped. Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz and Craig Sheffer also star. Keith Samples directed the episode written by Mike Kelle
Old 01-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not to go all OT in here but I sure hope that the Presidents State of the Union Address doesn’t pre-empt the new OTH tonight.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it doesn't either. I don't think I'll have that problem here since my WB hasn't done that before, but I would hate for this to be the first time.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

My WB will probably pre-empt it. Thats just the way my luck goes. The one time I will actually be home to see it and not have to wait for easyview to air.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Figures. The WB all over the country likes to screw with people's TV schedules. I hope you're wrong and they do show OTH though.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

::Saying a small prayer for everyone who has waited for what has seamed like months for the new OTH that their WB does not pre-empt it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Kalikala ]

Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Well I'm glad to have OTH back and more CMM is never a bad thing, but I didn't like Lucas that much in this episode. I thought his speech to Jake about showing Jenny off and not pretending she wasn't there was not his place. I know from being around people who had kids in school and told people about it, that it's not always such a good idea. Alot of people are judgemental and this could knock Jake out of the running for alot of things cause people would look down on him. I just don't think it should have been a major deal to hide Jenny for another year and a half until he graduated high school, I mean it's not like she would remember it and resent him for it.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Of course i haven't seen it. But i can't wait to see some pics.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 01-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I got to see OTH in its entirety. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No preemptions. Lucas certainly was different in this ep not sure if that is a good thing . Guess we will see how that plays out. Oh and how cute was Jake (and his ears) in this ep with his little girl?

Old 01-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome, Kali.

I can't say I was loving Lucas very much either last night. Keith has been like a father to him his entire life, and I hated that he told him he didn't really have a right to act like one. It was nice to see him apologize though.

I'm not sure I really liked the speech to Jake about the baby either, Nikki. Although I understand why he told Jake not to hide Jenny from the world, it just didn't feel right.

I loved all the Brooke/Lucas scenes, and I hope we see Lucas and Deb talk a little more. That very short scene where he asked her to talk to him about problems was nice. Deb's running his mom's cafe, and I think it'd be nice if they tried to talk a little, especially since Haley, Karen, and Keith like her.

I really, really loved the end. It was kind of cheesy but great to see Lucas and Nathan get along and just once again enjoy playing basketball.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Passionate Fan

CMM was wonderful as usual but Lucas kind of pissed me off.

He really didn't have any right to lecture Jake like that. I mean, advice is alright but what he said, it just isn't his place.

And then all those things he said to Keith. Whoa, chill out. Keith has always been there for Luke every step of the way. Keith didn't deserve to have all those things said to him.

Lucas is really confused and unstable to me. As much as I love Brooke/Lucas, I don't think Lucas is half as invested into the relationship as she is. He's not used to people trying to control him since he's never done anything bad before and his feelings for both Peyton and Brooke are confusing him. He doesn't like it when things get complicated. Gah, I probably don't make any sense. But, I like that Lucas isn't all SaintLucas anymore. Layers are nice!

Oh and loved the Luke/Nathan scene. Brotherly love makes me melt.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

I think i should just read the episode threads more often, i found out about all what happens in them [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

I so agree about Lucas' turn to the dark side, I'm not crazy about it and he's going to wake up and see how far he's gone and I think that will end the Brooke/Lucas thing cause she's one thing that keeps pulling him down and as much as I like them together, I don't want Lucas to become the next Nathan while Nathan jumps up to become "Mr. Good Guy".

I did like the ending scene, so cute with all of them out there having fun.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The ending scene was cool. I really like how it was done. Everyone together getting along. I actually started to feel bad for Payton but I think I liked what I saw between her and Jake .That could have possibilities if done the right way.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Hated Lucas in the episode. Loved CMM.

.Z.
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]