Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

CMM in Spirit in the Night

Lucas upset me in this episode, at least around Haley. I just hated him saying she looked ridiculous in the cheerleader uniform. The comment was just out of line. What kind of friend says that? It'd be one thing if she did look ridiculous, but she didn't. She was just helping some people out anyways, and his comment was very hypocritical considering Brooke and Peyton are cheerleaders. I was glad that Haley called him on that. Good that they made up later though.

I did, however, love him with Nathan and Jake.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, he upset me too
but its not his fault
the writers are doing a GREAT job at destroying his character!
grr!!
but i liked that he cheered Nathan on at the end!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked Lucas a lot more in this episode besides his comment to Haley about cheerleading. Other than that I really liked him trying to help Nathan with his game and him cheering him on in the end. I hated that Haley kept ditching Lucas for Nathan but was happy when they made up in the end. I felt sorry for Nathan that he had no one to go home with, he just has an empty apartment. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I really hope that Peyton and Brooke make up soon.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, other than that, I didn't mind him in this episode. I loved his scenes with Nathan. I just want more Lucas/Nathan scenes. I can't see them becoming close, but it's always nice to not see them at each other's throats.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7:
<STRONG>Yeah, other than that, I didn't mind him in this episode. I loved his scenes with Nathan. I just want more Lucas/Nathan scenes. I can't see them becoming close, but it's always nice to not see them at each other's throats.</STRONG>
ya i know what you mean
but i think that thats what this show is all about
Making those two brothers closer
Old 04-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Other than the ridiculous thing, i actually really loved Lucas in the episode. I saw it as quite a return to old Lucas days. When i first heard about this ep i was scared they were going to make Lucas the jerk, but they really didn't do that.

He was helping Nathan even though Nathan didnt want his help. I loved all the Lucas/Nathan scenes. They are my fav kind and we got lots in this ep. And by the end of the ep they both kind of reached an understanding.

As for the Lucas/Haley stuff, im a big friendshipper of these two as most know, so i loved that we got more of their relationship. I loved that it was Lucas who invited her to the game so they could hang out. Now, i know the ridiculous comment was out of line, but it wasnt completely out of left field. Haley spent alot of time neglecting Lucas even though he was trying to spend time with her. And he was trying really hard to be ok about her spending time with Nathan. I was worried he would be a jerk about it, but he was very understanding. The ridiculous comment was harsh, and i wish they didnt have it there at all, but i see it as Lucas seeing Haley changing more and more. I loved how Lucas described her to Nathan. "She was this completely unique...Haley." and that is true. haley was/is unique. ofcourse she is changing and having fun and he needs to accept that too.

And i loved Lucas just going and saying sorry. he didnt fight with her. he just told her simply that he missed her. it was so sweet.

so basically minus one 'ridiculous' i loved lucas in this ep.

sorry for rambling. lol
Old 04-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, Maz. Lucas was much, much better than he has been in awhile in this episode, minus that comment. And I would have to agree with the Haley thing. I hate that she broke some of their plans for Nathan, but Lucas was being pretty cool about. I want some more Lucas/Haley scenes though. I miss the scenes with them that we had at the beginning.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

yeah i miss them too. thats why i was quite happy we got a few in thsi ep. atleast we got to see them deal with their friendship changing a bit more.

and Lucas being cool about her speanding time with Nathan was just like the old Lucas. As much of an ass he has been about Brooke/Peyton i think he's always tried to be supportive of Haley. Alot of people dont agree and think Lucas tries to keep her under wraps, but its not that at all. He's been really supportive of her being with Nathan, however awkward that is for him. But it doesnt stop him occasionally letting it slip (with their fight in 113 and the ridiculous thing) and it just shows he's human.

P.S. Roxy you finally changed your Chad av! i loved the red one, but if you were going to change it, this one is one of my fav pics too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Sometimes i wonder if it'll be worth to download the series and go on reading the transcripts.

I mean, until i've read...i was pretty dissapointed to the amount of relationships the writers made up in 4 episodes, but now that Lucas, that was my fav character, is the most hated and does this kind of things, i'm really questioning if i want to see it or not.

If Chad wasn't in it i'm sure i wouldn't watch it. Seriously, why are they doing this? People doesn't change that fast! wake up!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 04-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7:
<STRONG>Lucas upset me in this episode, at least around Haley. I just hated him saying she looked ridiculous in the cheerleader uniform. The comment was just out of line. What kind of friend says that?</STRONG>
I don't think he meant it in a way to hurt her. I think he just said it because he's the kind of friend that doesn't lie to her, and I mean I have been subject ot saying things like that to my friends. They don't necessarily take me seriously, they usually just brush it off. Then again, him seeing the uniform on here, might have symobolized to him that shes changed and he might not be comfortable with that, so the slanderous comment was inserted.