Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm convinced this person joined just to troll or something But that's over and done with, we put them in their place and proved them wrong Just because actors take a break from being workaholics doesn't mean they hate it...they need a vacation from it all too!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Cristal, I just didn't want to tamper with what you edited in the OP 'cause maybe you wanted to do something different with the colors and I didn't want to screw it up BUT thank you

and about board closings, it's a tricky subject, and no one person can be the voice of everyone. Like I know, eventually, this board will end, but I rather it be when closes, not because of the lack of posters
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no, all that jibberish was just jibberish...I have no idea what happened to the OP that night when I was moving/adding things around

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
Like I know, eventually, this board will end, but I rather it be when closes, not because of the lack of posters
Those are my feelings too It's the same with the LUX board. Nat and I decided to voluntarily close it because we both became very busy (me mostly) and felt that no one on the board would want to step up to moderate it if I stepped down, conversation was lacking, and the actors were moving onto new things (there's a Secret Circle board so we would have lost the Britt fans) so we decided to close it before things went downhill. We wanted to go out with really fond memories, not feeling like the board was a chore. I still miss it, I recently went in there and just really smiled about how we left it all with good memories rather than bittersweet ones.

I think an Actor's board can be kept alive even after the person takes a short break from having a busy work schedule. So I'm right there with you, Amelia, this board is here to stay and it will go out under our own terms or when the site shuts down
Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

I agree If this board ever closes earlier then when does, I would want it to be a mutual decision with the mods and whomever is still posting at that point. This board is too special just to close down now
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Of course! Chad's line of work is large enough to keep conversations going so this board will be here for a long time.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

As long as posters are here and happy and having a great time, I'll stick around
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I can see myself here for a long-term basis too
Old 04-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Yeah, I'm convinced this person joined just to troll or something But that's over and done with, we put them in their place and proved them wrong Just because actors take a break from being workaholics doesn't mean they hate it...they need a vacation from it all too!
I hate when people join boards just to start fights, its so pathetic.

Quote:
Those are my feelings too It's the same with the LUX board. Nat and I decided to voluntarily close it because we both became very busy (me mostly) and felt that no one on the board would want to step up to moderate it if I stepped down, conversation was lacking, and the actors were moving onto new things (there's a Secret Circle board so we would have lost the Britt fans) so we decided to close it before things went downhill. We wanted to go out with really fond memories, not feeling like the board was a chore. I still miss it, I recently went in there and just really smiled about how we left it all with good memories rather than bittersweet ones.

I think an Actor's board can be kept alive even after the person takes a short break from having a busy work schedule. So I'm right there with you, Amelia, this board is here to stay and it will go out under our own terms or when the site shuts down
Yes exactly. An actor's board you can keep up if they take a break but once a television show is over, and especially such a short lived one it is very hard to keep up the board. While I hate we had to let go of the LUX board, I still feel that we did make the right decision with that. Better to go out on our own terms then to be shut down.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

For the week of 4/15/12 - 4/22/12:

365,364 - 366,151 (787)

Wow! Soooo high and glorious! I wannna keep it up like this for a loooong time
Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Yes exactly. An actor's board you can keep up if they take a break but once a television show is over, and especially such a short lived one it is very hard to keep up the board. While I hate we had to let go of the LUX board, I still feel that we did make the right decision with that. Better to go out on our own terms then to be shut down.
Well, I gotta say .... it was pretty difficult here, for awhile, after Chad left OTH. Like for a good two years and a half (possibly even three), it was just 'blah'. We used to get a lot of posters here because of OTH and the ~drama~ it brought. Then, that all went away after Chad left, because at that point a) no one, besides me, even watched full episodes of OTH anymore, and b) the whole attitude was "who cares?" It was so hard to find things to talk about and to get people to be on the board and chat when the only new Chad things to discuss were all the Starbucks candids All boards are hard to keep up with, sadly But I get what you're saying, it's even harder for small tv shows that end early. I'm glad y'all ended on your own terms.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
For the week of 4/15/12 - 4/22/12:

365,364 - 366,151 (787)

Wow! Soooo high and glorious! I wannna keep it up like this for a loooong time
So, so good! You can trust that I'll be here to keep the counts high

Quote:
Well, I gotta say .... it was pretty difficult here, for awhile, after Chad left OTH. Like for a good two years and a half (possibly even three), it was just 'blah'. We used to get a lot of posters here because of OTH and the ~drama~ it brought. Then, that all went away after Chad left, because at that point a) no one, besides me, even watched full episodes of OTH anymore, and b) the whole attitude was "who cares?" It was so hard to find things to talk about and to get people to be on the board and chat when the only new Chad things to discuss were all the Starbucks candids All boards are hard to keep up with, sadly But I get what you're saying, it's even harder for small tv shows that end early. I'm glad y'all ended on your own terms.
I can see how conversation can slow down if the actor isn't putting out new work, of course there's going to be a bit of a standstill, especially if all that is left is the same regular posters that pretty much discussed everything there was to discuss already. That's why it's important to appeal to fans that haven't been to the site to introduce new ideas and get fresh opinions. Not to say that regulars make a board stale, absolutely not! But having new people come around and even stick around is pretty great!

Yeah, I mean we had a really great group of people that were regulars or becoming regulars but the conversations were starting to become stale. Two short seasons were not enough for us to really stay open
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was one of the posters who stopped posting because it was just too much drama and emotion of him leaving and the reasons (or supposed reasons) of why he really left. But i'm really glad I came back
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another great post count!

I remember when it was difficult to keep this board alive. We had a period in which we were maybe 4 people and we couldn't always post regularly and we had little new things to talk about, so that was a difficult time. But then Chad started working again and getting around thanks to the promotion of the book and new people or old people that had left, joined and now look at the post count! I'm really happy the difficult time is over
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for posting with us

Aw Well, I am very glad you ladies stuck around through the rough patch. I'm sure every male/female celebrity board on struggles here and there. Just because our count looks great now doesn't mean it'll keep steady - I hope it will and I would like it to But I'm also a realist It may help that I'm kind of new to the board and talking about Chad with others. The trick is getting more new (but long-time) fans on here. Or even new fans period!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I remember when it was difficult to keep this board alive. We had a period in which we were maybe 4 people and we couldn't always post regularly and we had little new things to talk about, so that was a difficult time. But then Chad started working again and getting around thanks to the promotion of the book and new people or old people that had left, joined and now look at the post count! I'm really happy the difficult time is over
I have to say, and I hate to admit this, but there was a point in time where I was considering closing the board, because our former co-mod Deanna wasn't posting regularly, so it was just me, and there was nothing new to post and no one to post about anything, at all. I'm glad it never came to that though