Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Chad Michael Murray's Board → Suggestion Thread! Please check the first post! {July 19}

Hey posters!

Without the help of amazing posters like you all, this board would be nothing (literally! ).

This thread for general suggestions for the board. Do you have a suggestion on how to make the board a better place to post? Post your input in this thread. Post if you have an idea for a new thread, or if you have an idea to raise the post counts, anything that would benefit the board. This is a specific place to give your personal input on what could improve the board. Also, if you have anything general, like comments or questions about the board, please post it here

We want this board to be a great place, with a strong community/family feeling, not just a place to bump your post count. So suggestions that you think will benefit the board, any new ideas for threads, questions, comments, concerns, anything -- please post them here. Thank you !

To Do:

'Remodeling'
Threads that can use an update or general arts. If you'd like to volunteer to donate arts, do an OP, or see a thread that can use some work - Let us know!
Thread Mergers
Threads we're waiting to finish off to merge it into a 'group' thread

New Thread Ideas/Suggestions
  • "If I met Chad, I'd ask him / say..."

Board Activities
Survivors, Games, Etc.
  • Board's 9 Year Anniversary Celebration (Jan 11 2013)
  • 400k celebration (Feb 2013?)

Last edited by UpInFlames; 10-16-2012 at 07:39 AM Reason: Add a to-do list
Old 11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

great idea

We could always add more games to the board for more posts. I've noticed that's where most of the posts come from (i.e abc's, word association, this or that etc.)

also how about having discussions every week.

Last edited by Ashley486; 11-03-2009 at 09:47 PM
Old 11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I love new threads Escp one's like this, that can make a difference. Great idea you two

I don't think adding more game threads is a good idea.. We have soooo many, and game threads do attract other's yes, BUT mostly for post counts and it seems that is what we don't want. We have so many game threads that never get bumped, so I personally don't see a reason to add more. It'd kinda be like spamming the board for the worse in my opinion.

Now on the other hand, I like the weekly discussion idea. It'd be a way to attract other's and their opinions. I don't exactly know what the discussions should be about, but with some brainstorming, I'm sure we could come up with some awesome discussion ideas Having a good healthy discussion is something I truely miss around here.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

what about discussions about OTH? We could rewatch one episode a week of the seasons Chad was in and discuss it with each other, focusing on Lucas. We wouldn't need to make a new thread for each episode, just a general episode for rewatching and discussing the show. We have something like that on the QAF board. It would give those that weren't around at that time the chance to discuss old episodes, especially the first seasons that were so great for Lucas. But only if people would actually post on that, if we already know we're not gonna post on it, it's useless to open it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

ooooh i like that idea Manu!

as for the discussions we could have a dicussion thread and have a new topic each week

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan486 (View Post)
We could always add more games to the board for more posts. I've noticed that's where most of the posts come from (i.e abc's, word association, this or that etc.)
i was thinking that to, it's a good way to keep the board moving when there's not a lot of discussions going on or if we're having a quiet week.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

I don't mind adding more game threads, but I do have concerns. Some people really do legitimately enjoy posting in game threads, and that's absolutely fine. Not everyone likes the discussion type threads, it can be difficult and a little intimidating to get involved with. So if we add new game threads (that have been approved by the mods and all), they would have to be ones that people show obvious interest in posting and contributing to. Like Ashley said, we get a ton of posts from game threads, which isn't a bad thing But it depends on what the game threads are. Just remember, we aren't supposed to have like a hundred game threads. But suggestions & ideas for threads are always welcomed

Manu, I like your suggestion a lot I did think a bit about a discussion thread but I wasn't exactly sure how to approach it. I have seen some other boards, other than the QAF board, have similar threads, and it's seemed like a great idea for our board. It would be cool to have a healthy, weekly discussion every week or so How do you all think we should approach it? Like start with the pilot and go through the s1 finale, and repeat with other seasons (we might not include s6 or even s5 since a majority of us didn't like or watch the episodes ) or what?

We could also do a movie discussion thread. I've seen some threads on other Male Celebrities boards (Hugh Laurie, Johnny Depp). Basically, the posters pick a movie their actor has been in, set it up so everyone has a week to watch it and during the week or so, the posters talked about why they loved the money, what they didn't, etc. Even though Chad's only been in like four major movies, it might be a fun thing to do, if you all are up for it

Thanks for all your suggestions ladies, you all are fantastic
Old 11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Great ideas guys; i'll love to have a discussion on past OTH seasons and Chad's movies.

We could also talk about his career and what we want to see him do in the future.

ETA:
Just some ideas for new games:
- This or That Picture
- Hate it or Love it
- Last Letter Game
- Picture Quote Game
- I-Spy game
- The Poster Below Me

Last edited by Ashley486; 11-15-2009 at 10:36 PM
Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

What is a picture quote game, exactly? We have a Chad's funny pictures/screen caps thread, which we use kinda like what I think a picture quote game is
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha its pretty much the same.. lol
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Nice suggestion though! You give some really great suggestions, if you think of anymore, post them
Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Wouldn't it be an idea just to bump all the game threads and see if we can get those going again, instead of adding more?

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

^yeah i agree with that.

We should just bump the other games for awhile and once those start going, we could add more later (if you want to).

I checked other boards and thought these threads were pretty cool.
Smile appreciation thread
Clothing appreciation thread

Last edited by Ashley486; 11-05-2009 at 12:13 PM
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Marie, we do bump all of the game threads, often But Deanna & I were interested to see what you all felt about adding more. It doesn't hurt to add new games in the mix if people are interested in them Personally, I'd love to add other game threads in the mix (new blood is always good ), because some of them seem interesting and I'd like to play them Just want to see how everyone else would feel about them
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its fine with me either way
Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan486 (View Post)
I checked other boards and thought these threads were pretty cool.
Smile appreciation thread
Clothing appreciation thread
I like the idea of a Clothing Appreciation thread.