Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Chad as Lucas scott in OTH Episode 6.19 "Letting Go" Discussion Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 6.19: Letting Go

PAUL JOHANSSON DIRECTS THE EPISODE — Julian (Austin Nichols) makes Brooke (Sophia Bush) a startling offer. Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) brings Nathan (James Lafferty) and Jamie (Jackson Brundage) to an important place from his past, while Peyton (Hilarie Burton) prepares for the future. Sam (guest star Ashley Rickards, “Ugly Betty”) and Jack (guest star Evan Peters, “Invasion”) take a stand against the principal who fired Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti). Skills (Antwon Tanner) takes Mouth (Lee Norris) on a road trip to get his mind off Millie (Lisa Goldstein).
Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

I had to re-watch the episode again before I posted here, just so I could post and remember everything clearly.

I really did like how Lucas went back to Keith's garage and I'm glad he brought Jamie and Nathan along with him. Nathan had never visited Keith's shop before, right? It was cool to see all three boys in the shop. Just wanted to point out that Lucas fixing cars = sexy

I like how Jamie said that Lucas was like Keith, that was a very warm moment of the episode. Lucas has always wanted to be like Keith, Keith was his idol and role model. This episode and 512 when Lucas, Jamie, and Haley were riding in Lucas' car have been my favorite Lucas/Jamie interactions. I'm glad to see the Uncle/Nephew interaction.

Did anyone else watch this episode?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch it yet , I had to clean for passover last night

Bev didn't watch ?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes she did - very very early in the morning! I liked it.

Amelia's already talked about the best bit - the boys bonding in the garage - liked seeing Luke's stomach sticking out from under his shirt when he was tinkering underneath the car (fan girl, fan girl)

Lovely moment at the end when Peyton added a drawing to a box of memories she's keeping for the baby.

Brooke and Sam should've gone with Julian to LA I think. But strangely I was thinking what will happen to Jack if they do

Milli and Mouth back together - that's good.

Skills had a lot to do in this epi - I like Skills

Haley facing off with the Principal and coming out the winner was good.

Liked that the old gang got to mix a bit with each other, they are all friends after all.

Can't believe there's yet another hiatus - what's with that? Again?

Last edited by Blinkybill; 04-01-2009 at 11:46 PM
Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched. The episode was bleh....

Joy looked amazing.

I'm glad that this episode focused on the friendships/family bonds for once because not everyone ships. We had LNJ, BP, BH, PH and Skills/Mouth. I'm glad Nathan let Lucas explain what happened to Keith. I was happy about the Lindsey mention!

Mark is clearly rushing Peyton's pregnancy so she can give birth by the end of the season... LAME.

Jamie is too focused on Keith and of course he says things that no normal 5 year old would say.. UGH

The promo for the next new episode left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

This was one of the better episodes for Lucas/Chad.

I kinda wish Lucas had shared about Peyton/baby's condition with his brother. I also wish we had gotten a LH scene when he was at NH's house. It bugged me a little bit that Nathan made that comment about how Keith raised Lucas. Yeah, I guess Karen was just sitting around twiddling her thumbs. Like most viewers, I'm super tired of the many Keith references. At some point, Keith's siginificance in Lucas' life has been watered down due to the overkill. It's not as meaningful anymore and that is a shame.

I liked Luke worrying about Peyton. I like to see the Lucas who looks after others. It's good to see him back.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
Nathan had never visited Keith's shop before, right?
Actually, didn't Nathan help Keith out like back in S2 in the shop for an eppy or two? I just have this image in my head, but I can't place it

I loved the Lucas/Nathan scenes, and the ones with Jamie aswell.. I love how Jamie said that Lucas was like Keith, that must have warmed Lucas' heart

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine_03 (View Post)
Actually, didn't Nathan help Keith out like back in S2 in the shop for an eppy or two? I just have this image in my head, but I can't place it
I'm pretty sure he did, too.

...And if he didn't, we're imagining the same thing, then.
Is your spirit alive...
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Marie & Kelli, I think y'all are right I can't for the life of me remember what episode(s) but I do remember now Nathan worked for Keith's shop. I think sometime in s2. I was looking for screencaptures but I couldn't find any. Oh well I remember Lucas working for Dan though He wore a nice blue jumpsuit
Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Weird that we all remember it, but all we can say is it was in S2!

Ahhh yes, the yummy blue jumpsuit

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Nathan worked for Keith at the dealership, when Keith was running it for Dan after he had his heart attack.
Keith gave Lucas the job but Lucas gave the job to Nathan because he needed money and Lucas wanted to help out at the cafe more so Karen could go to college.

Nathan did spend time in the auto shop in s2 fixing up the car he bought.
he also visited it in s1 the first time when he wrecked Peyton's car and the 2nd time in s1 to ask Keith for advice.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Ahhh yeah!! Thanks for that, now I remember! You have an amazing memory !!

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
I had to re-watch the episode again before I posted here, just so I could post and remember everything clearly.

I really did like how Lucas went back to Keith's garage and I'm glad he brought Jamie and Nathan along with him. Nathan had never visited Keith's shop before, right? It was cool to see all three boys in the shop. Just wanted to point out that Lucas fixing cars = sexy

I like how Jamie said that Lucas was like Keith, that was a very warm moment of the episode. Lucas has always wanted to be like Keith, Keith was his idol and role model. This episode and 512 when Lucas, Jamie, and Haley were riding in Lucas' car have been my favorite Lucas/Jamie interactions. I'm glad to see the Uncle/Nephew interaction.

Did anyone else watch this episode?
LMAO @ your icon.

yeah I liked the episode too.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
LMAO @ your icon.

Cha-Chee-Cha-Chee-Cha-Chee-Cha

(I'm not obsessed! But thank you very much )

This episode was not horrible at all
Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Ok, that freaked me out I was looking for Chad, but he was nowhere to be seen!

Ahhhhhh, yes.. My favorite episode ever

icon; gracery | Marie