Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Smiley Face - Adam's new movie role!

Adam has a small part in the comedy "Smiley Face" which stars Anna Faris. It's also directed by Gregg Araki (who was nominated for Best Director for Mysterious Skin at the Independent Spirit Awards this year).

The cast list so far (according to IMDB):
Adam Brody .... Steve (attached)
John Cho
Anna Faris
Michael Hitchcock .... Laundry room guy
John Krasinski
Jane Lynch
Danny Masterson .... Steve The Roomate (attached)

Quote:
Synopsis from Ioncinema:
Written by Dylan Haggerty, Faris will play Jane, who by accident eats her psycho roommate's pot cupcakes. She spends the rest of the day desperately trying to replace the cupcakes, pay the gas bill, get to her audition and accompany her friend to the dentist.
Quote:
Synopsis from Killermovies:
The story centers on a young actress and hopeless slacker (Faris) who, after she inadvertently ingests her roommate's pot-laced brownies, attempts to manage her day as it goes awry through a series of misadventures.
Some more info-

Anna Faris' interview bits:
Quote:
Smiley Face, right?
Smiley Face, yes.

So you play a girl who eats pot brownies?
I eat a lot. I eat 12.

Wow. Did you have to do any research on this at all?
[Laughter]. Well I did go to college. But you know it’s a really great role. I’m really having the best time and I feel so lucky to be a young woman and being able to play a role like this. I feel like they’re always written for men.

What happens to her as she eats these 12 pot brownies?
Well, she goes to an audition and she tries to sell weed to a casting director and then after she’s she gets really paranoid she ends up finding the original manuscript that’s a communist manifesto by Karl Marx and tries to organise a union in a sausage factory – and many other adventures. It’s really fun. I’m just it’s just a very offbeat comedy and, I’m really having such an amazing time on it.
~ Moviehole

John Krasinski's interview bits:
Quote:
You have a couple other projects coming up as well...
The Office this year was just fantastic, and then I went right in to working on Smiley Face [a comedy directed by Gregg Araki]. — a sort of odyssey movie that Anna Faris stars in... And then I worked on Dreamgirls with Bill Condon, and I'm gonna be finishing up a small part in Holiday, which is Nancy Meyers' new movie.

Sounds like you've found your niche in comedy.

No, not at all, really. I mean, Smiley Face is funny, but it's on the line — it's a comedy for sure — but there's a lot of really interesting film aspects to it. I'm really not feeling one way or the other with comedy or drama, I'm just sort of doing projects that I've been finding really fun to be a part of....
~ Entertainment Weekly
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 04-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

thanks for starting this thread Jess.

another cameo I hope he will get good reviews like in TYFS eh..they are yet filming right?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Anna Faris is so funny in Scary movie
Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineP
Anna Faris is so funny in Scary movie
I haven't seen scary movie but I saw her in just friend damn...she's is funny
Old 04-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10
thanks for starting this thread Jess.

another cameo I hope he will get good reviews like in TYFS eh..they are yet filming right?
No worries.

Anna said that she was going back to filming, but that was only the start/mid April, so I'm not sure if they're still filming. I'm sure Adam's already done his bit.

In all fairness, I think the plot sounds stupid, but summaries can be deceiving. So I'll take a chance on it. But I'd probably see it anyway, cuz the cast are full of gifted comedians.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 04-25-2006, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

I thikn the plot the sounds silly but funny. Thanks for the info and starting this thread.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

It sounds pretty weird but I like weird movies so we will see how it will be..

Oh thanks jess for starting this
Now I know I'm not afraid
I know exactly what you'll say
But I'm sorry it's too late
Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZOCFan
No worries.

Anna said that she was going back to filming, but that was only the start/mid April, so I'm not sure if they're still filming. I'm sure Adam's already done his bit.
oh they are done filming now that was fast. Dude, you know everything

thanks jess
Old 04-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh they are done filming now that was fast. Dude, you know everything

thanks jess
I think they were filming before April, but I think because Anna had to do promotion for Scary Movie 4, they stopped shooting for a bit. I dunno, I'm just assuming.
|| JESS
Old 04-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the thread Jess. Should be a good movie.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think they were filming before April, but I think because Anna had to do promotion for Scary Movie 4, they stopped shooting for a bit. I dunno, I'm just assuming.
ah...ok thanks.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

The main attraction of this movie for me is the title of the movie. It's so random.
|| JESS
Old 04-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The main attraction of this movie for me is the title of the movie. It's so random.
speaking of title why they changed it?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
speaking of title why they changed it?
I don't know. Before they changed it, it used to be called Mary Warner of all names.
|| JESS
Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know. Before they changed it, it used to be called Mary Warner of all names.
it used to be called Mary Warner of all names and now Smiley Face...
Dude, that's a big jump