Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 AM
MST Manager

"Our Little Show That Could" ~ Saying Goodbye To The Without A Trace Board.

To all of our beloved Tracers,

It is with great regret that Astra and I have come to the painful decision that it is time for the Without A Trace board to bow out gracefully from its run here among the lineup of television boards currently at Fan Forum.

Once the show was cancelled in early 2009, I think we all knew it would be extremely difficult to continue forth in nurturing and maintaining the board. But as you know, we all recommitted ourselves to the success and vitality of the board, because of our love for the show, for the stars, and for our board. We had seen other shows in the past continue on successfully for many years after a cancellation and we vowed to do everything we could to keep our board alive and thriving.

Though we were determined to try and make it work, to cultivate new posters across the globe who could still see and love the show as it aired in syndication and to encourage our current posters to remain with us on the board, we have found it increasingly difficult. We have had many ups and downs in these efforts, and though we have had many fans who continued to post with us, the numbers clearly tell the story as they have steadily declined over the past year.

Because of this, with very sad and heavy hearts, Astra and I feel it is best to request the Management Team to close the Without A Trace board on January 31, 2010, but still keep a foothold and presence here in the Fan Forum community with a thread on the Television board. We would rather the board go out voluntarily than remain open just to continue to diminish slowly with rapidly decreasing numbers in post counts.

We sincerely hope that all past and current fans will still come to discuss the show, its stars, and the amazing storylines that had Without A Trace on the air for seven seasons, with us at our new home on the Television board here at Fan Forum.

In the meantime, please share your memories of the show, the special times here with each other, and extend a fond farewell to the board which will forever be in our hearts.

All our best,

Nikki and Astra
Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is my first time ever posting on this board but I did watch the show religiously and was very sad when it got cancelled.

I can only imagine how you guys feel about this but I know letting go in general is hard so I respect you guys for making this decision.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww i liked the show didnt know it was canceled too..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never seen this show, but it's sad that you're closing your board
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh noes!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

I know I haven't been around in a while but still sad to see the board go.

Nikki and Astra, yall did a great job!
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So sad to see this board go
Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

I don't watch the show, but it's sad that this board has suffered a decline in it's number of posts and has decided to close

Vicky
Old 01-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I don't watch the show, but I'm sad the board is closing. But! Always better to go out on your own than being forced to because of low post count.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry to see the board closing but respect your decision
Old 01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I've never posted here 'cause i've never watched the show but i wanted to come and tell you, Mods, that i do respect your decision even if it's sad to see this board go.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

It must have been a tough decision to make, but i agree that it's always better to bow out gracefully
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm so sad to see the board go. We've all just been so busy. I had a feeling though it was coming. I respect your decision though and I know it's tough. Maybe we can take the show back to the General Board and along with our Couples Shippers?
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman

Last edited by DefLeppardFan; 01-08-2010 at 05:28 PM
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only watched this show a couple of times but this doesn't take away from how genuinely sorry I am to see the board close. I do have the utmost respect for the moderators who made this decision - and I more than understand that you'd rather see it go out on a high and keep the spirit alive at the Television board. Best of luck.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Never happy to to see a TV show thread close. Yes after a cancelation it is hard to try and keep up the posts .

Without A Trace will live on !