Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Elite Fan

Season Two Discussion

As with season one, thanks to tvtome.com for the ep descriptions

1. My Overkill
Relationships between the staff of Sacred Heart Hospital have been shaken since Jordan's revelations. Turk is sleeping on J.D.'s bed after Carla kicked him out of his own. Elliot is having a hard time facing J.D. everyday at work. J.D. desperately tries to get Dr. Cox's attention back, unsuccessfully. Eventually they all work it out: Elliot and J.D. start facing each other again, Carla finally gets over her issues with Turk and Dr. Cox starts to torment J.D. again, meaning it's all back to normal. Meanwhile, the Janitor keeps haunting J.D. across the hospital.

2. My Nightingale
J.D., Elliot and Turk find themselves alone in the hospital night shift and face for the first time responsibilities without supervision. Luckily, they have Carla there to support and guide them through the night. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox doesn't know what to do when he realizes he has feelings for his ex-wife Jordan, and is asked (actually, forced) to introduce Dr. Kelso at a social event where he will be receiving an award from the medical board.

3. My Case Study
Dr. Kelso is sponsoring one the medical students with a trip to a medical conference in Reno if they present an interesting case, which causes a rush of all sorts of cases to become "interesting". J.D. is not into the trip as much as the other students and tags with Dr. Cox on treating one of the hospital's money contributors, but when her case ends up being one of a kind J.D. reveals his true intentions and wins the trip, disappointing Dr. Cox. He explains that his main goal is not to please Dr. Kelso, but to become a good doctor, even better than Dr. Cox. Meanwhile, Turk is also in a rush to get a new medical appliance on Dr. Kelso's giveaway day that only occurs once a year after his marriage anniversary when he shows up in the hospital in a good mood. Unfortunately, he's late and misses his meeting with Kelso, but gets what he wants anyway after finding out the truth behind Kelso's giveaway day. And Elliot is still trying to befriends with Carla, despite Carla's reaffirmations that things are okay between them. When they both treat an elderly patient who's getting breasts implants, they both reflect on what they'd change on themselves.

4. My Big Mouth
J.D. insists that Carla should open up to him, share a little bit more about herself. When she finally starts to do that, J.D. screws it up by telling Turk he thinks she's crazy. Now he has to work his way to regain her trust. Meanwhile, Elliot is so desperate for attention from Dr. Cox and that she even agrees on giving the dying news to the patients families, which causes her great deal of emotional stress. Finally, Dr. Cox, feeling sorry for her, tells her they'll never be colleagues while he's her superior. And Turk sees himself in an ethical dilemma when Dr. Kelso picks him over a female surgeon to spend a weekend in Mexico. He realizes the female doctor should've won it, and the only reason she didn't is because she's a woman.

5. My New Coat
Elliot sleeps with a handsome doctor she hardly knew, and soon becomes the hospital tramp – a title she's at first embarrassed to have, but quickly sees the good side of it when all women who work there start coming to her for sex advice. Meanwhile, Turk suffers from his back after operating with Dr. Amato, a very short surgeon, and learns that he can be a good doctor without being a part of the surgical "boys club" after he hurts Elliot's feelings by talking about her in a trashy way to the other surgeons. And J.D. finds out that wearing a white coat doesn't make him a better doctor when he mistakenly causes a patient to lose his sense of smell. Upset by having Dr. Cox throw in his face that he made another mistake, J.D. proves Dr. Cox he didn't cause any harm to the patient and drops the coat. And Dr. Kelso is just dying for an opportunity to lash out his anger on Dr. Cox.

6. My Big Brother
J.D.'s brother is in town. He came all the way from their hometown to pick up a car and drive it back for 300 dollars. His older brother is fun and easygoing, and quickly lays his charms on Elliot. J.D. tries to prevent anything from happening between them, and realizes that it's only because he's ashamed of his brother, who was the ‘the man' in high school and now is just a bartender living with his mother. When J.D. confronts him, he leaves. Meanwhile, Turk is thrown out of a patient's funeral for not knowing his name and feels even worse because earlier he made a bet with Dr. Cox over another patient's life. Dr. Cox later tells him that doctors make jokes and don't attend funerals because they can't get attached to the patients or else they won't stand the pressure.

7. My First Step
All the male doctors is euphoric with the visit of Julie Keaton, the pharmaceutical sales rep, except for Dr. Cox, who still believes in treating patients for their best health instead of trying to get some attention from the hot Ms. Keaton. When she finally offers herself to go out with him, he declines. Meanwhile, J.D. and Elliot argue over what to do with one of Elliot's patients. He thinks she should wait and see, while she thinks the patient should go up to surgery. The patient dies, but Dr. Kelso says sending her to surgery was the best thing to do since she had no chances of survival whatsoever. And Turk tries to talk Carla into entering a practitioner nurse course so she won't be so underestimated by the doctor's staff, but Carla chooses to spend more time with her boyfriend instead of wondering what could have been in a few years.

8. My Fruit Cups
J.D. and Turk are going through some financial problems and in an effort to save some money they start to steal stuff from the hospital like toilet paper and pudding. The janitor becomes suspicious of J.D., but ends up taking home a computer himself. J.D. also gets mad at Turk for stealing a hundred bucks from him for their free clinic work, but after he realizes that Turk and Carla are going to get married he lets it go. Meanwhile, Elliot has some financial problems of her own when her father cuts her loose of all the money after she took a stand and refused to take on OBGYN. And Dr. Cox has to choose between his hot girlfriend, Julie, and his old fling, Jordan, who shows up pregnant at his apartment.

9. My Lucky Day
Ever since her father cut her off financially, Elliot's been feeling the weight of the world on her back. While having to find a new affordable place to live, she also has to face the threat of being sued by a patient whom she told had only 8 months to live (and the problem is 9 months have passed by ever since). Carla and Jordan hit a sore spot when Carla gives her opinion on Jordan and Perry's relationship. Meanwhile, J.D. has a fight with Dr. Cox and the two dispute over who gets to give the better treatment to two patients with the same prognosis, after J.D. gets so full of himself for picking up a totally uncommon flush eating bacteria on one of Dr. Cox's patients. J.D.'s patient ends up dying, though he didn't do anything wrong. All he didn't have was luck.

10. My Monster
Elliot still doesn't have a place to live. She experiments crashing at the hospital for one night, only to be fully reprehended by Dr. Kelso. She finally takes up on J.D.'s offer after she realizes that living on a truck at the hospital parking lot isn't exactly the best accommodations she can get. Meanwhile, J.D. think he's lost his mojo when he can't even kiss the giftshop girl when they go out on a date. First he blames it on the hospital and it's disgusting cases, but later at his place he proves himself wrong when he and Elliot sleep together. Turk and Carla are having romance problems because she feels he's not being as generous to her as she is to him. And Dr. Cox freaks out when he lets Jordan move in to his place due to her pregnant status.

11. My Sex Buddy
Renewed sex with J.D. calms Elliot, who's facing personal and professional dilemmas: She's broke, and patients are bailing out on her.

12. My New Old Friend
Comeuppances are in store for Cox, Kelso and J.D. from, respectively, a hypochondriac, a surgical patient and Elliot, who wants more than just sex from J.D.

13. My Philosophy
J.D. bonds with a patient who's waiting for a heart transplant and discuss with her their idea of what death must be like. J.D. is also touched with the cycle of life that surrounds the hospital - a place where people live and die all the time – when he has to ask a husband to choose between his pregnant wife or his unborn child. Meanwhile, Elliot puts her foot down and demands a feminine locker room to Dr. Kelso, since she's fed up with having to chance in front of all the men. Dr. Kelso is reluctant at first, but has to concede Elliot's demands after she discovers some legal issues on it. And Turk decides it's time to propose to Carla, but a fat kid swallows the engagement ring – which doesn't stop him from popping the question anyway. The big surprise is Carla's answer – she needs to think about it.

14. My Brother, My Keeper
Turk is still waiting on Carla to answer his proposal, and asks his brother to stay over a few days to help him deal with it. But Kevin Turk, the image of happy marriage, comes with bad news: his wife has left him, and now Turk has to put aside his feelings and deal with his brother. Meanwhile, Dr. Kelso is faced with having to let go Dr. Townshend, an old friend of his and one of the nicest doctors around when he finds out Dr. Townshend doesn't have the energy to update his medical techniques. And Elliot accidentally finds out the sex of Jordan's baby, becoming the object of Dr. Cox's anxiety.

15. His Story
Elliot meets a nice guy at the bar, but when she finds out he's a male nurse (a "murse") at Sacred Heart she has doubts about getting involved with him. Meanwhile, Turk keeps asking Carla to marry him, but she still won't give an answer. Tired of trying to find out why, Turk decides to stop asking, which causes Carla to reflect on why she won't say yes. After a deep introspection, she calls Turk and asks him to ask the question – right before his doubts turned into actions as he was about to go out for coffee with a waitress. And J.D. feels like he has not stories to tell today; after all it's all going great for him for the first time since he started working at the hospital. Therefore, we see what Dr. Cox feels like and the pressure he puts on himself everyday. His psychiatrist, his subordination to Dr. Kelso (whose life he saved after refusing to sign for a physical he never gave) and his paternal feelings for J.D., who got a pad in the back for the very first time.

16. My Karma
J.D. and Turk think they've got bad karma after hitting a car and causing an accident while playing golf on the hospital roof. While Turk wants to keep it a secret, J.D. thinks things will get better after they come clean with a patient who was injured on a car accident caused by a flying golf ball. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox bends over backwards to give Jordan as much comfort as possible on her labor day, and she confesses to J.D. that Dr. Cox is the real father. And Elliot seeks advice with Carla on how to tell Paul she's crazy, because they're getting more intimate and she can't hide it anymore. But Carla is feeling too crazy herself with the upcoming wedding.

17. My Own Private Practice Guy
While J.D. struggles with whether to tell Dr. Cox the truth about the baby's paternity, he gains some valuable insight into Dr. Cox's troubled mind and his relationship with Jordan when he meets Dr. Fisher, a former student of Dr. Cox. When Dr. Kelso prevents Turk from playing his pre-surgery basketball game, Turk retaliates by cutting the cord to Kelso's beloved Ms. Pac Man machine. Meanwhile, Carla worries that she's lost her sex appeal since she got engaged, and Elliot's lucky streak continues as she makes a new friend in the janitor.

18. My T.C.W.
J.D. flirts with the wife of a patient who's been in a coma for the past two years, whom they all call T.C.W. (Tasty Coma Wife). He feels guilty for doing that, even though she wants to go ahead with it. Meanwhile, he can't stand listening to any more relationship problems, as everybody dumps their issues on his ears: Elliot sabotaging her relationship with Paul over beef jerky; Carla finding out her engagement ring passed through a patient's digestive system and Dr. Cox's unsucessful attempts to get some attention from Jordan, who can only think about her baby right now.

19. My Kingdom
Turk takes J.D. up to surgery, and right from the start J.D. steps all over Turk when trying not to be the geek among the surgeons. That hurts Turk's feelings, and J.D. feels bad for not thinking about his long time friendship with Turk when he made the jokes. They finally come to terms at the end, when Turk decides to get over this because it was just another one of J.D.'s goofs, as many he has made in years. Meanwhile, Paul hears Elliot say "I love U2" while she was rearranging her cd's and thinks she said "I love you too". That takes him to a whole different level, while Elliot is actually trying to find a way to break up with him. And Dr. Cox decides to get even with Dr. Kelso by telling everyone he's dead, revealing what people really think of him.

20. My Interpretation
JD struggles to juggle work while dating a recent widow, Cox babysits his daughter, and Turk is haunted by erotic dreams.

21. My Drama Queen
J.D. carries on his romance with the Tasty Coma Widow, but finds himself on a dead end after realizing she's a drama queen and the romance is dead when there's no drama. Meanwhile, Dr. Kelso makes Dr. Cox give a class on how to approach the patients nicely, in order to prevent possible law suits from the patients due to harsh treatment. Carla's mother dies and she rushed to get married. Turk stops her from running over her dreams in order to fulfill a momentary emptiness caused by her mother's death.

22. My Dream Job
J.D. and Turk's college buddy Spence drops by for a visit, and accidentally tells Dr. Cox that Jordan's baby is his. At first freaked out, Dr. Cox soon faces up his responsibility and stands up for his role as a father. Meanwhile, too much partying with successful Spence causes Turk and J.D. to show up late and drunk for work, which Dr. Kelso fully reprehends them for. They compare their lives with Spence's and wonder if being doctors is really the right thing for them. Elliot's feeling low since she can't measure up to Dr. Kelso's standards and the Janitor starts another feud – this time over paychecks – with J.D.

So here we go - anyone like to start the remeniscing about season two, or is it going to be another Challenge Rach thread?!
Old 11-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Season 2 - excellent! We got Jordan and Coxy back together with the addition of baby Jack - we got more Elliot and J.D hook - ups, Cox punching Kelso in the nose. And best of all - we got the introduction of Dan Dorian!

Challenge Rach WILL return - first I have to ask, what is Rach's favourite episode of season 2?

Mine's "My Fruit Cups" with "My Big Brother" and "My Own Private, Practice Guy" following shortly behind
Old 11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh ... I think probably My Dream Job with My Big Brother and My New Coat close behind
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Good choices, those are very good episodes!

Run away, run away, run away...oough!

Funny how that's like the only quote I'm able to give right now
Old 11-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Janitor: I was in the military.
J.D.: Where did you come from!?
Janitor: If I find out you're wearing a bronzie, without having served, I'm gonna make things uncomfortable for you.
J.D.'s Thoughts: Coat-wearing doctors do not take this crap.
J.D.: You were never in the military.
Janitor: Yes, I was.
J.D.: Which branch?
Janitor: The...janitor branch.

I love the Janitor in the coat! When the lady thinks he's a doctor and he puts her right and she leaves, thinking JD is a janitor too! And when he tells the patient that he's "what we call a goner. I'm kidding - there's nothing here!"
Old 11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Great episode!

Janitor: Oh, so we're done with the coats?? [he strips his off] All right. Well, it was a fun day, though, wasn't it? See you tomorrow.

He walks toward the door.

J.D.: Well, you know, maybe tomorrow, I'll get a bad hair-cut and push around a mop all day!

The Janitor stops.

And then the opera singer starts singing "mistake!"

Oh, and J.D's fantasy of Cox being nervous to face him (wild uncontrollable unrination) just about kills me (plus Cox's "woof!")
Old 11-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think the reason I love My Dream Job so much is basically Spence. He's such a dude!

JD: Spence, this is Dr. Cox and--
Jordan: Don't bother. Don't care.
Spence: Oh, oh! Right, yeah! He's the scary man you told me about last night. [to Dr. Cox] Hey, congratulations!
Dr. Cox: For what, jack-ass?
Spence: You just had a baby!
J.D.: No, no, no, *she* just had a baby.
Spence: Yeah, but you said it was his. [struggling to remember] ...And you said something else....
Turk: [quiet to Spence] That he didn't know it yet.
Spence: That's exactly right!

I just really, really adore the way Spence says "That's exactly right!"

And of course JD tripping over the IV ... saw it coming but I don't care, it was still hilarious!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Love Spence, I wonder if we'll ever have him return? Probably not anytime soon - I guess Ryan Reynolds is too busy right now

Oh, and you forgot (or didn't care to mention) "Good morning, angels. What'd you have, one too many daiquiris last night?"

I love that Cox doesn't seem to think J.D and Turk are manly enough for anything but coctails and girly drinks - though in J.D's case - he's right
Old 11-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Turk probably would have been offended by that were he not hungover. Well, that and surely he expects it from Coxy!

Old 07-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I got "My First Step" in low video-quality, but it sounds like Bill Lawrence is talking at the beginning, and not Zach Braff. The "inner monologue". And later in the episode, two other inner monologue-things also sounds like Lawrence.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

Oooh, interesting! I wonder if you got a place-holder copy, before Zach finished the voiceover, or if it's just the low quality that makes it sound that way. Did you download them?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yup, downloaded. (The show doesn't go on TV here anymore, unfortunately. Did only see some of the episodes in season 2 here. Season 3 and 4 I've only watched on the computer)

http://home.online.no/~junne/BillOrJD.mp3
I recorded it. Think it's sounds like either Lawrence or a sick Braff.

EDIT:

Sorry about talking about another forum here, but on Zach-Braff.com, there's some other Scrubs-fans who also has noticed this.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

I see! Yeah, that clip definitely isn't Zach. Now I'm desperate to get back to Uni where my tapes are, and listen to the version of S2 that I have!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

So since we still mightn't have any new episodes to discuss for a while, and the DVDs are starting to come out, I decided topping the season two thread might be an idea for if people have specific episode/arc-related things to talk about now they get to rewatch!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Rach, just wanted to see if you could guess what episode I watched first on the season 2 dvd without commentary...?