Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

"My Unicorn" - Episode Discussion (23/Nov/04)

Quote:
MY UNICORN
9:30pm 2004-11-23 ALL NEW!
A UNICORN FOR A KIDNEY--MATTHEW PERRY AND HIS FATHER JOHN BENNETT PERRY GUEST STAR -- When one of J.D.'s (Zach Braff) favorite patients Harrison Marks (guest star John Bennett Perry) is in dire need of a kidney transplant, J.D. takes matters into his own hands by finding his long-lost son Murray (guest star Matthew Perry) in hopes that he'll donate his kidney. Despite Dr. Cox's (John C. McGinley) warning to J.D. interfere with family business, J.D. persists and complications arise. Meanwhile, Elliot (Sarah Chalke) is fed-up with co-workers not taking her seriously, and discovers she can get her way by flaunting her femininity with some help from Carla (Judy Reyes) and Jordan (guest star Christa Miller). Donald Faison, Neil Flynn and Ken Jenkins also star. TV-14
Access Hollywood did a piece with Matthew and his Dad on the set, which you can watch online here if you missed it/are in a different country And NBC.com has the preview up - I can't wait to see this

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 11-23-2004 at 02:17 PM
Old 11-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

I am *so* ready for this episode! Bring. It. On.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

*looks at the clock*

Are you sitting there waiting already so as not to miss it?
Old 11-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately, no. I have to go to my seminar tonight, but it finishes at 7pm at the latest, so I've got plenty of time to get home and get primed for the episode. I think I may even take a nap this afternoon, just to make sure I don't fall asleep prematurely
Old 11-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think thats a great plan! Anything to stop you missing it

Having just managed to get this computer to play the promo, I'm looking forward to seeing it even more
Old 11-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

There was storm and the sattelite went out with about 10 mins. left. Will someone please tell me what happened?
Old 11-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

justed wanted to say what a great episode. I have more to say but I'm tired and need to get to bed. Were there any preview for next week?

Elliot has really grown on me in the last few weeks...
Old 11-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

There are never any previews for the next new eppy unless a guest star like Matthew Perry will be on it.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

Okay, the credits came in at a weird place in my opinion, but that doesn't stop how funny the teaser was. The mere mention of Wings makes it golden

Okay, mental image of JD and Matthew Perry on the scooter practicing the song still makes me laugh!

The Murrays crack me up!

I was a bit disappointed by the gay!Glen thing, but Matthew still did it well.

Interesting note -- the closed captions has a different song for the plane sequence.

Awesome parallel between JBP/MP and Drs. JD and Cox. I loved the tennis racket guitar -- that was so Matthew!

Without Matthew and his dad, I'm not sure I would have loved this episode as much, but it was totally fab nonetheless! I'm glad I taped it
Old 11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by \m/beefshake-weezer\m/
Were there any preview for next week?
Along with what Steph said, there isn't actually an episode next week anyway. Next new episode is My Best Moment the following week, December 7th, and then I think we can expect a few-week hiatus at least, since they only finished filming last nights episode about two weeks ago and now they're taking two weeks off for Thanksgiving.

I'm glad you enjoyed/remembered to watch Jenn! I'm really looking forward to downloading the episode tomorrow, the preview itself cracked me up!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

about two weeks with no Scrubs!

Oh and the Wings thing...priceless..I love that show!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

I've just been reading some reviews of the ep and everyone seems to have loved it

My favourite quote of quotes that people have quoted so far has to be ""I love this moment so much, I want to have sex with it" - but it wouldn't be as funny were it not followed with "I love this moment so much that I want to cheat on the moment from before with it, get married, and raise lots of little moments."

Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

The "moment" line was hilarious!

Oh, and every mention of the unicorn on JD's journal, and the part where the unicorn went, "You know I'm a unicorn, JD, just admit it!" was hilarious. And then he almost started talking to Kelso with the same voice. Hee!!

I always looove Matthew Perry, and this episode was no exception. He's so great.

And does anyone else love the guy that Elliot kept trying to get to take the urine sample to the lab? He, also, is so great.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe I'm just terribly biased since Matthew was in it, but this was probably one of my favorite this season.

-The moment quotes with Dr Cox were absolutley hilarious.
-I loved flirty!Elliot
-"Its not a unicorn. Its a horse with a sword on its head" JD
-All the JD and Murray interaction were great. Zach Braff and Matthew play well off of eachother. Their song was priceless.
-Slloooooww mooottiioonnn running was so Turk and JD. And then the slow wave at end- perfect ending.

Great episode

| videos | journal |
Old 11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Come on guys. Please tell me what happened in the last 10 mins. of the show. My sattelite went out right when Elliot was going to open the door see the interviewer guy or whoever he was.