Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

"My Quarantine" - Episode Discussion (08/Feb/05)

From NBC.com:

Quote:
MY QUARANTINE
9pm 2005-02-08 ALL NEW!
J.D. AND HIS DATE GET QUARANTINED; TARA REID AND CHRYSTEE PHARRIS (NBC'S 'PASSIONS') GUEST-STAR -- J.D.'S (Zach Braff) efforts to make a good impression on a first date reach desperate levels when he and Kylie (Chrystee Pharris) get caught in a hospital quarantine. A series of unfortunate events bring J.D. And Kylie to Sacred Heart on their first date, where J.D. accidentally initiates a SARS quarantine and is forced to resort to desperate measures to make a good impression. While the hospital is in lockdown, the rest of the staff recounts various first date stories leading to the revelation that Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) and Carla (Judy Reyes) dated in the past. Tara Reid guest stars as J.D.'s ex-girlfriend. TV-14
Old 02-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Okay, Tara Reid had absolutely no purpose for being there and I was totally bored any time she was on screen.

Doug vs. the lawyer (his name escapes me at the moment) was hysterical and easily the best part of my night.

I loved that Dr. Cox was able to talk some sense into Turk.

And JD seizing the moment? Brilliant!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Damn I love Tara. I do.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn-
Okay, Tara Reid had absolutely no purpose for being there and I was totally bored any time she was on screen.
Lol so true! She was just sorta there... Overall it was a cute episode. The face cake has me craving cake now...

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Another great episode of Scrubs.

Loved the JD/Kylie scenes. I like Kylie and hope she sticks around for awhile. Great start to the date -first killing the animal and then hitting the homeless guy.
-- Kind of glad they didn't break them up when JD confessed he had paid the guy to fake a heart attack.

The Janitor and Kelso scenes were great. Loved that the Janitor got that last shot - his little shout (the Janitor) as it was flying through the air (on his last shot - when he already owed $700) was great. Heh.

Face cake! "This does not end well for you" or "Even though I can smell face cake" Hee. Looove it.

Jordan's escape from the Hospital was fun. Although I wish she had stuck around - would have been more interesting than having Danii there.*

*BTW. What was the point in having Tara Reid in this episode ? Did she just show up or something ? Her character added nothing to the episode, and would have been just as fine if she weren't there.

Overall, yep another solid episode.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I definitely agree that Danni didn't serve a purpose of any kind, but the rest of the episode was awesome. Everyone's storylines were great: Janitor and Kelso and the face cake -! Cox and Turk and Carla - I love Cox talking sense into Turk. It was great. Doug and Ted- Hee! Their plotline almost made Danni's presence worth it. "I'm Glen! I'M Glen!" Also, I'm digging JD and Kylie together, so that was great too. Ack, and JD's too tight red top at the beginning?! Great stuff.

My favorite scene was probably when Cox asked who had slept with Jordan while they had been broken up and JD snuck his hand up behind Kylie's head. Also, the reverse cowgirl thing cracked me up.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

I liked it as usual. Is it wrong that I immediately thought of the Lockdown eppy from ER? Oh well.
Anyways, I liked Kylie but when JD and Elliot were talking I felt they had more chemistry. But Kylie did have more chemistry with JD than with Danni. Then again it wouldn't take much for that to happen.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

I've got it downloaded, watching it as soon as I get home

I'm looking forward to it, sounds good - not surprised Tara Reid was pointless, though!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

I watched it I laughed a lot, as usual, but it was late and I can't remember right now, although I'm sure I will remember my favourite parts as soon as I press submit.

I agree there was NO reason in Danni being there, but she did have a couple of good lines. Well, one, specifically, which I would have liked if JD had said it and Danni not been there. When she said "Quarantinies?" ... loved it

I loved the face-cake, and it was great to see Doug again! I felt so sorry for the poor dermatologist, though!

I also thought that the end was very Garden State-esque. With the "So what do we do?" and then the camera pulled back as they were kissing? Just like the end of GS. Shout out, or coincidence?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I loved the face-cake, and it was great to see Doug again! I felt so sorry for the poor dermatologist, though!
I agree. Any episode that has Doug, Todd and Ted is good in my book
Old 02-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Ohh yes. I loved when Todd said "But there are only two of us" after Dr Cox commented on "you four surgeons" and Cox saying "But you are so utterly useless, that I did of course count you both twice."

Heeeee.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Random thoughts on the episode...

Liking Kylie/J.D so far. Though I'm worried about getting attached as who knows how long she'll stick around. I hope Elliot won't be a factor in their relationship unless it's in a "Oh we've slept together a few times" mention....

Nice top Lonnie!

LOVED the "I'm Glen" bit with Doug and Ted

Tara Reid - Eh, whatever - though I have to smile at the thought of Dannii throwing up on Turk's "gram-gram"

So....Cox and Carla dated during the 18 months he and Jordan were seperated? then again the whole Jordan/Cox relationship timeline confuses me anyway, despite how Rach tries to make it...less complicated

Are my eyes decieving me or did Mickhead have his hand up when Cox asked who else had slept with Jordan - eh, I found it funny. Probably wasn't even him!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think the Cox/Jordan timeline even exists, they just make things up when they want, as they go along. Stupid people.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

You'd think Bill would be more precise when it comes to writing for his wife...or at least check the scripts more carefully!

Oh well, there are worse things....
Old 02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, you'd think if we can spot these things, THEY'd be able to. But on the other hand, it all comes back to him not even knowing who Marco IS, never mind little things like timelines!