Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

"My Lips Are Sealed" Episode Discussion Thread April 5, 2005

SCRUBS
MY LIPS ARE SEALED
04-05-2005 9:00PM

J.D.'s EFFORTS TO HELP CARLA AND TURK LEARN TO TRUST EACH OTHER AGAIN BACKFIRE WHEN HE AND CARLA KISS - At his best friend's request, J.D. (Zach Braff) agrees to take Carla out to convince her that Turk is trustworthy and that she should move back home. What starts out as a friendly drink takes a turn into unknown territory when J.D and Carla take things a little too far and share a "friendly" kiss, something they both decide that Turk does not need to know about. At the hospital, Elliot (Sarah Chalke) and Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) struggle to maintain their professionalism when faced with a young patient who is suffering from complications after experimenting with erectile dysfunction pills. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) tries to find the balance between being an over-protective father while still trying to be the cool dad after his son falls off the jungle gym. Neil Flynn also stars.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Also, for anyone watching the rerun and wanting to chat, we've got a thread for My Common Enemy
Old 04-05-2005, 07:16 PM
New Fan

I loved this episode! Some parts had me laughing out loud. The very first scene was hysterical. I loved how Turk and JD set the clocks back and forward and back. And how JD finally managed to escape from the bush, with most of it on him. And all the biker guys drinking their expressos. hehe.

I loved all the Cox/Jordan interaction. They're great together. I wasn't expecting the JD and Carla kiss, that's for sure. Isn't the end a bummer? I mean, Turk and Carla have finally reconciled and the three of them are happy, even the music's happy, but then the kiss makes a comeback. I can't wait to see how Turk reacts and what else happens between them. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely loved this episode - Elliot's inability to stop laughing AND her roller skating story were hilarious, and I love any Cox story involving Jack. He's such a cutie!

I too am anxious to see Turk's reaction to the JD/Carla kiss - hope it doesn't mess Turk and Carla's relationship up for too much longer!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

This episode was great. I love that I have this as my laugh-out-loud comedy. "Ooh, Mulattoes" "It's Milanos, idiot" "Oh, I always thought that was a bigoted name for a cookie." Oh, JD.

I definitely didn't expect the kiss at all. What exactly separated Turk and Carla in the first place?
Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, I was screaming at the TV when Carla fell off the couch onto JD because I just knew that they were going to do something stupid. Now we've got Turk and Carla AND Turk and JD on the outs. Sigh.

I liked Elliot's efforts to help Mr. Gersh, but I just didn't think that her story rang true. With all the crazy insecurities and neuroses that she has now, it's hard to believe that as a teenager she was able to just laugh at herself like that. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I loved Perry and Jordan's storyline - and how the Janitor was a double agent. Classic!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Jenn, I agree about Elliott's story. It was a bit out of character.

I love Turk & Carla together but what upsets me the most is the riff this is going to cause between JD & Turk. I find their relationship the endearing on the whole show.

I laughed at Ted. Gosh, I love Ted. "You're looking kinda purple." "I know my own body!" THUD!!

I love to see Donald Faison scream. He looks hysterical when he's screaming so I loved it when he knocked over the biker's motorcycles.

The whole episode, however, was pretty predictable for me. I could tell that JD & Carla were going to do something. And I knew her conscience wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. (now THAT was very in keeping with her character).

Overall: ***
5 stars = best, 1= worst
Old 04-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

This was an average (but generally good) setup/filler show with lots of ups and downs. I think that in the end, they wanted to pad the episode with stories that were very lighthearted, because the last two eps have been fairly heavy, and they didn't want shift focus away from the main plot.

From what I've read though - watch out for next week's episode. It sounds like it *could* be brilliant.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished watching it, and I liked it. The JD/Carla kiss was, while still obviously a very big deal, much closer to "friend" kiss than "romantic" kiss like I'd been fearing.

I loved Elliot's storyline, even though I agree with Jenn, just because of the part where she cracked up. Sarah Chalke's laugh is awesome!

There were lots of little bits that I loved, so I'd have to watch again, but I adored JD's attempt at "something in between silence and talking"
Old 04-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Cox was great in this ep - as always. I was cracking up at Ted and his blue face - "I like to do crunches during my lunch"

On the one hand I was annoyed at Carla for blurting out what was esentially nothing when all was right with the Scrubs world at the end. However, then I realized it is so much better than them dragging it out over the season. I think getting it open and over with in a funny way is a much better way to handle it.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Got to agree there - I like that about Scrubs.

"Oh no, I missed a Gilmore Girls!!"
Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

that was great Rach. I love it when they give nods to other shows.

Speaking of, when is Zach guest starring on Arrested Development?
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

This Sunday I believe. It airs at 8:30pm Eastern I think.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks!
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
New Fan

I don't know what it was about that photo of Cox holding his son with one hand, but I had to rewind that, like, five times. I think it was the horrid PhotoShopping (hee) combined with the absolute glee on McGinley's face. Awesome.

I also think "Giant Man" trumps "Frankenstein" as a nickname for Janitor any day of the week.