Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

"My Catalyst" Episode Discssion Thread [Rerun 22/Mar/05]

Since no one else has started this thread I guess I will. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

FEATURING SPECIAL GUEST STAR MICHAEL J. FOX; WITH THE ARRIVAL OF A VISITING SUPER DOC TO THE HOSPITAL, J.D. REEVALUATES HIS MENTOR -- Dr. Kevin Casey (guest star Michael J. Fox) comes to Sacred Heart as a visiting medical doctor and an accomplished surgeon despite being diagnosed with a severe case of obsessive compulsive disorder. Dr. Casey touches everyone at Sacred Heart in a special way during his visit, beating his old resident buddy Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) at his own game of wits, leaving Turk (Donald Faison) in the dust with his surgery time and teaching J.D (Zach Braff) some very valuable lessons about learning to believe in himself. Meanwhile, Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) strikes a deal with the Janitor (Neil Flynn) to take care of the hospital's garbage, only to find himself eyeballs deep in it. Judy Reyes and Sarah Chalke also star.

Loved this eppy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Michael J. Fox was great.
JD and Elliot should get back together already! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode. I absolutely adore Michael J. Fox and he was phenomenal in this role. I loved him as a doctor and the ending was just heartbreaking. I loved the parallel stories between J.D., Turk and Dr. Cox and how they saw that their problems just paled next to MJ's character. There wasn't enough for Elliot and Carla, but I'll live. The Janitor's little friend was funny, but I like when the Janitor works alone better than him having a sidekick.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I do have one complaint though. I don't think it was funny at all that they were making a joke out of the possible suicide of Ted. There's NOTHING funny about suicide. I lost a friend to suicide so that just made me mad and I hope the writers drop that (no pun intended!) storyline.
It may have a place on a drama, like ER for example, but not on a sitcom.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think the Ted story was slightly funny when all it was doing was getting mentions and you weren't sure if he really meant it, but showing it like that ... yeah, that wasn't funny.

I really hate to have to say this but this episode disappointed me a little. Don't get me wrong, it still made me laugh a lot and MJF was wonderful, but ... I think it may have been too hyped in my head! I don't think that Scrubs has *any* worst episodes but this wouldn't go down in my book as one of the best - and if it did, it would ONLY be because of MJF.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach Braff Lover:
<STRONG>I do have one complaint though. I don't think it was funny at all that they were making a joke out of the possible suicide of Ted. There's NOTHING funny about suicide. I lost a friend to suicide so that just made me mad and I hope the writers drop that (no pun intended!) storyline.</STRONG>
I agree. I, too, have lost loved ones to suicide and while a small comment here or there is okay, seeing him up on the ledge like that was just awful and I didn't see a need for it.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*:
<STRONG>I think the Ted story was slightly funny when all it was doing was getting mentions and you weren't sure if he really meant it, but showing it like that ... yeah, that wasn't funny.

I really hate to have to say this but this episode disappointed me a little. Don't get me wrong, it still made me laugh a lot and MJF was wonderful, but ... I think it may have been too hyped in my head! I don't think that Scrubs has *any* worst episodes but this wouldn't go down in my book as one of the best - and if it did, it would ONLY be because of MJF.</STRONG>
I agree there have been better Scrubs episodes than this but I still managed to like it for some reason but like I said it could've been better.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Finally saw this ep last night! I was shocked that I was actually home and have the chance to see it!

I think MJF did an awesome job! Dude, he was getting on my nerves! I love how JD messed with Dr. Cox and gave him that metabolic question! The look on their face was pricless! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And the pirates! Too funny! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I too finally got to see this epidoe. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Michael J. Fox and have since the early 80s. (I swear, I'm not old.... I just have watched television for so long).

I loved seeing Cox feel threatened. Yay. He wants his position as top dog.

I loooooved this episode.

"I wear my heart on my sleeve and my liver on my pantleg."

My Goodbye to Buffyverse
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Although IMO this ep isn't one of Scrubs's funniest, it's still excellent just for MJF Relive the ep here!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:22 PM
New Fan

Perhaps it's just my spring fever talking, but was "Is this heaven?" "No, it's garbage" a shout-out to Field of Dreams? Too obvious?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was probably a shout out. It's a bit of a strange line to just throw in!

I *love* Field of Dreams. One of my favourite films as a kid!