Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
New Fan

I love the music on Scrubs.

My favorite is Colin Hay. I can't get enough of Overkill and Beautiful World.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the fact that scrubs always finds a way to have the perfect song. Like Hey Julie! It was perfect, same with Overkill. And they go for bands that people might not have ever heard of and promote them. My favorites that they have used has got to be Colin Hay and Rhett Miller.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the use of "Last Request" by Paolo Nutini in last week's episode. I wonder if Zach Braff suggested it, since he reccomrnde Nutini on his blog...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking that too.

Dean&Castiel

Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Earlier this season Scrubs did an Episode as a homage to House M.D. Not to mention the week after the Scrubs show did the "broken heart syndrome" episode, House did the same thing. After that I had a feeling people on both shows were chatting and sharing ideas. Since then I've heard music on House that sounds like its coming out of the Scrubs camp. First the Zero 7 song "In The Waiting Line" and tonight the Brett Dennen song "Ain't no Reason." I hope they continue to share ideas, it can only hope two great shows.

"There ain't no reason things are this way
Its how they've always been, and they intend to stay
I can't explain why we live this way, we do it every day" -Brett Dennen
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do they really share ideas? That is pretty cool. I've heard really good things about House, but i've never got around to watch it.

The idea of "sharing" music between Scrubs and Greys anatomy makes me mad. Greys used both Cary Brothers and Josh Radin for their show, and that ticked me off considering Greys gets more publicity and leaves Scrubs completely under-appreciated, but then used Scrubs' music selections for there drama emphasising nature. Not to mention the whole "How To Save A Life" incident...

I'm not hating on Greys because I love scrubs, and I understand that alot of people are both Greys and Scrubs fans...But for me, the general "OC" like drama life of the doctors on Greys never interests me...

But please, that's my opinion, enjoy the show and don't let me ruin it.

Dean&Castiel

Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Greys is a serious rip off a scrubs. I don't watch the show though, what was the how to save a life inncident? I heard a lot of shows using that song after I saw it on scrubs. But yeah, I'm pretty sure The writers or someone on House chats it up with people on Scrubs. You should really check out House, its an awsome show.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will try to. When is it on?

The how to save a life incident. You do remember when Scrubs used that song so wonderfully in the episode My Lunch. Well, Greys used it for there big season finale, i think season 2, but i'm not sure. Which got that song as big as it was. Which got people sayins "That was great on greys!" with no recognition to Scrubs.

Yeah, I tried giving greys a chance. But i thougt the pointless teenage-drama in the show was a bunch of BS. And i agree with you about the ripp off part. I mean come on, they have a female lead, way have a male. They have a women narrating the show, we've got a male. It's just...It's so completely unoriginal. And they use sex-appeal to stay on the air (I mean, Mcdreamy, mcsteamy? Come on!).

Dean&Castiel

Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 AM
New Fan

Yeah, I just saw that House episode, and I thought, wasn't that song on Scrubs a few weeks ago? It would be neat if they exchanged music ideas and stuff, because they are my two favorite shows!

It's been a while since I've seen My Lunch, so I didn't remember that How to Save a Life was in it. But I've been listening to the radio and hearing it all the time, of course, and thinking, that's a good song. I think I've heard it on TV somewhere. Duh! Usually if I think I've heard a song before, it's safe to assume it was used on Scrubs.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Grey's Anatomy. I saw part of an episode and it just did nothing for me. It did seem oddly similar to Scrubs, except not funny at all,and way too soapy. and the fact that it uses a lot of the same songs after Scrubs makes me suspicious. It would really make me mad if Grey's ripped off of Scrubs and then got all the attention!

I love just about all the music that they've used on the show, I think it's awesome that they choose just the right song to paralell the episode. The only problem is some of the people they use are pretty obscure, I've been looking everywhere for A Joshua Radin CD, and no store seems to have it.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Let's try and stay on topic, without bashing other shows please...
I'm actually a great fan of GA and House, as well as Scrubs (of course).
And "How to save a life" was used first by One Tree Hill (I accidentaly watched an episode)...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 05-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, that's true.
I'm actualy a huge OTH Fan XD

Scrubs does use alot of OTH music...which i don't see as ripping off seeing as they are two completely diffrent shows.

I don't think Josh Radin is in stores, He is released on iTunes though, and I think, but i'm not sure, that you can order his album on his site...Same goes for cary brothers. Most recently, released on Canadian iTunes. *does a little dance*

Dean&Castiel

Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I won't comment on One Tree Hill because I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. I do draw my medical show lines at Scrubs, ER, and House. Leaves room for other great shows like 24, ohh yea Bauer is the man! lol sorry about getting off subject again.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, the only other medical show I actualy watch is ER, but thats only occasionaly, because I haven't got the time to catch up to 11 seasons!!

Another great music use is Ofcourse, Winter, By Josh Radin. It was absolutely PERFECT for My Screwup.

And I loved the song Cindy, by Tammany Hall NYC, for when JD ran all the way to Elliots appartment from the hospital, Sweet and Romantic, and the music fit well! Plus, that scene was beautifully done =].

Dean&Castiel

Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love my medical shows. I'm a big fan of House, Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs of course. My favourite show of all-time is ER though, 280 episodes and still going strong!!

Cindy is such a great song, really does suit that scene very well. I think my favourite Tammany Hall song used on the show is To The Woman. I love that one!

Turk: I think you're a fascinating study of human behaviour
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes! I remember that one. I really liked Come Around, by Rhett Miller too though, it was such a music video shot, and it was perfect for Scrubs too.

Dean&Castiel