Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Loyal Fan

The Hot Seat

I've noticed that other boards here at FF have these going and they are a pretty neat way to get to know each other.

Here's how it works: One member is chosen to be in the hot seat for 1 week. All the other members ask questions throughout the week and the person in the hot seat answers them. You can ask anything but the person has the right to answer only the questions they want to. (So if we start today Wed. July 6th the questions will run to Wed. July 13th when a different member will be placed into the hot seat).

So, for our first hot seat guest I nominate our Mod Extroidinaire ~ Rach. I assume everyone will be cool with that (?), so I'll go ahead and start. Let me know if you guys want to do something differently.

Rach:
Where do you live? How old are you? What's your favorite Scrubs quote? If you had 10 minutes alone in a room w/ Zach Braff what would you do/say?
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Whee, I get to talk about me! This was lots of fun when we did it on the Delta board

Where do you live?
I live in a place called Tadcaster in North Yorkshire, England. We've got three breweries, and it smells! I've lived here since I was nine - before that, I lived in a village called Lanchester in County Durham, which is also in the north of England.

I'm currently at University, though, so during term-time I live in Sunderland, which is back in the area I lived before we moved. I've got a house with four other girls. My favourite football team is Sunderland, so I absolutely ADORE being in the area!

How old are you?
I'm 20. I'm not used to saying that, my birthday was about three weeks ago, and I keep telling people I'm 19 and then having to sound like an idiot for correcting myself and not knowing my own age!

What's your favorite Scrubs quote?
Now that one's too tough! There are too, too many, as my millions of posts on the quotes thread will show! If you're making me choose just ONE, though, it would probably have to be this exchange:

J.D.: I'm waiting for someone.
Janitor: The door is broke. Maybe the fifth time or so. It don't open.
J.D.: Maybe there's a penny stuck in there?
Janitor: Why a penny?
J.D.: I dunno.
Janitor: Did you stick a penny in there?
J.D.: No. I was--I was just making small talk.
Janitor: If I find a penny in there, I'm taking you down.

It was probably the part of the pilot that made me sit up and go "Hell, this is a funny show!" - unique and just hilarious Janitor's still my favourite character, four seasons after hearing that line!

If you had 10 minutes alone in a room w/ Zach Braff what would you do/say?
Weeeell....

I really don't know! I'd obviously ask him to sign a few things for me - my huge Garden State poster I bought on eBay that would look fantastic signed and has therefore only been out of the tube it came in about four times in the last year, my Broken Hearts Club DVD, my Scrubs S1 DVD and my Garden State DVD. Zach is right at the top of my "Celebs to meet before I die" list - I would drop ANYTHING to meet him. Not just because he's hot, which of course he is, but because he's so INTERESTING. He's funny, and clever, and he seems to have so much to say, and he's friendly, too! I've met so many of my favourite celebrities, but in general they're in a very rushed environment, where they're meeting a lot of other people too, so all I have time for is a hello and a couple of comments, or I'm holding up the queue. If I were meeting Zach, alone ... I'd probably be very nervous beforehand, and for the first five minutes, but I think he'd probably put me slightly at ease. I don't think I could even remotely prepare what I was going to say, though, or there's no way it would come out right!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

heh heh heh..this is fun already!!

What's your favorite color? (just keeping the ball rolling until someone else comes in)
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was reading "...I've got a house with four other girls".
Then I started thinking "Man, you're lucky".
And then it suddenly came to my mind.
I feel so stupid. Didn't know Rach was a female before now.

And of course, If you were a guy I guess you'd rather would meet Chalke than Braff

edit: What kind of music do you like?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok,I'm gonna ask some Buffy/Angel related questions,lol!

Who is your ultimate favourite ship of all time on each show. And why?/What is your favourite season of each show?/ Favourite character(s)?/Favourite quote(s)?

Who would be at your 'dream dinner party'? And why?

This is fun!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Which celebrities would you like to meet before you die? (See, you saying that in response to meeting Zach Braff set up a great question. )

Which Scrubs episodes are your favorite from each season?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

What's your favorite color?
Red. Sunderland play in red & white stripes, and its a colour that means a bunch of things! Passion, love, danger ... I love how it can be a really intense colour if you get the right shade. Two walls of my bedroom are red, and two are cream. I know you're not supposed to sleep facing red, so the wall next to and opposite are the cream walls.

I also love purple.

I can't just give one word answers

Didn't know Rach was a female before now.
Hehe! Don't worry about it! Yep, it's short for Rachael. In real life I don't generally let people call me Rach unless they know me really well, but online its much easier because most people spell my name "Rachel" so they get it wrong. So I stop them before they have chance by shortening it to before the problem starts!

What kind of music do you like?
All sorts of stuff. My friends are always telling me that my taste in music is awful, but its improving, thanks to them! I like really cheesy pop music and stuff, and then I like stuff that's cool at the moment, indie-type music. Like The Futureheads, the Kaiser Chiefs and the Ordinary Boys (people who start with "the"! ) That's thanks to my friends and my Dad - my Dad took me to a music festival last year because he had a spare ticket, and my friends make me go to this one nightclub that plays *their* kind of music, so I get to know it.

My absolute favourite artist, though, is Delta Goodrem - hence my modding her board. She's awesome, fantastically talented, and she's only 20. She was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma when she was 18, so had to deal with fighting cancer while she was in the public eye, having just had her first album become a huge hit in Australia and the UK. I admire her so much! I also like other music in a similar style to Delta, female solo artists like Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, Sarah McLachlan, etc.

Who is your ultimate favourite ship of all time on each show. And why?
Angel: Wes/Fred, without a doubt. I don't even need to think about it! I've been a fan of them as a couple since Fred first appeared - I always thought they'd be sweet together, since they have so much in common. I made my Wes/Fred site (A Whole New World in between seasons two and three, and I'm so proud of it. It's probably the most popular Wes/Fred site, and it's definitely been around the longest. I love it to bits!

Buffy: It's a toughie. There are a lot of couples on the show that I love. Xander/Anya and Xander/Cordy are big faves of mine. If I can go completely unconventional, I absolutely adore Giles/Anya. The kissing in Tabula Rasa hooked me in! I loved their dynamic in season five/six in the shop, I really did. There was huggage in "Flooded" and some cute fighting in "Bargaining" that I loved!

What is your favourite season of each show?
Buffy: Season three. I feel that as far as the entire arc was concerned, it was the strongest storyline, but it also had great individual stories, some of my absolute favourites. Band Candy, The Wish, Gingerbread, Doppelgangland, Earshot, Graduation Day. All fantastic stories. I love every season, though, they've all got episodes I love and episodes I'm not so keen on.

Angel: That's *really* tough. I could stick my DVDs of any season into the machine and sit through and happily watch them all. I think season four is probably my *least* favourite, although it still has episodes I adore (especially Spin the Bottle, Players, Soulless, Calvary, Supersymmetry and Home). Season one has the stories of the week, it has Doyle, its much lighter, even though its still darker than Buffy. I think for my absolute favourite has to be tied between season three and five, though. I'd probably have to choose five if you made me, because I was *so* skeptical about the whole Wolfram & Hart concept, and it surprised the hell out of me, and I loved it. Plus we finally got some *real* Wes/Fred, we saw Wes's dad, there was lots of Harmony, Spike was the Spike I used to love and had stopped whining about Buffy (for the most part), and Illyria was *fantasic*. The only thing it was really missing was Cordelia. I adored "You're Welcome".

Favourite character(s)?
Angel: Wes, Fred, Cordy
Buffy: Anya, Cordy (yes, I can list her in both!)

Favourite quote(s)?
Too many to choose!

Gotta love this, from Not Fade Away, for drama and emotion:

Illyria: Wesley. This wound is mortal.
Wes: Aren't we all? It was good... that you came.
Illyria: I killed all mine, and I was...
Wes: Concerned?
Illyria: I think so. But I can't help. You'll be dead within moments.
Wes: I know.
Illyria: Would you like me to lie to you now?
Wes: Yes. Thank you. Yes. (opens his eyes to see Fred's face, her hand stroking his cheek) Hello there.
Fred: Oh, Wesley. My Wesley.
Wes: Fred. I've missed you.
Fred: It's gonna be OK. It won't hurt much longer, and then you'll be where I am. We'll be together.
Wes: I—I love you.
Fred: I love you. My love. Oh, my love.

For some Buffy humour, I've always been a fan of this Oz line:

You know the monkey is the only cookie animal that gets clothes... .I wonder if the hippo is like, 'Hey, were are my clothes?' and the monkey is like, 'I mock you with my monkey pants.' . . .All monkeys are French, you didn't know that?

And pretty much everyline in Band Candy or Earshot! And for a funny Angel line that I love:

Angel: We're—I'm from Wolfram & Hart.
Spike: I'm his date.

Of course with 254 episodes in total and bunches of quotable lines in each episode, its too hard to narrow it down!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

It posted before I was ready, so I'll just continue here!

Oooh ... that's tough. Okay. Zach Braff (naturally! ), Delta Goodrem, Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof, Eliza Dushku, Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin, Alan Tudyk, Julio Arca, Clare Kramer, Eric Szmanda, George Eads, Adam Brody, Caroline Dhavernas, Mark Lutz, Andy Hallett, Tyron Leitso, Jason Bateman, Paul Gross + my friends Hils, Jen, Bry, Quinn & Tim. It's a big dinner party

Which celebrities would you like to meet before you die?
Well, some of the people who I'd like to be at my dinner party I've already met, and some I think would be cool entertainment but I wouldn't mind not meeting. So...my top ten would be this:

1. Zach Braff
2. Delta Goodrem
3. Eliza Dushku
4. Jason Bateman
5. Neil Flynn
6. Eric Szmanda
7. Natalie Portman
8. Johnny Depp
9. Paul McCartney
10. Jennifer Garner

Which Scrubs episodes are your favorite from each season?
Oooh, toughie!
Season one: My Occurrence & My Hero, and My Two Dads.
Season two: My Big Brother, My Sex Buddy & My Dream Job.
Season three: My Porcelain God, My Screw Up & My Tormented Mentor
Season four: My Cake, My Common Enemy, My Unicorn, My Best Laid Plans & My Drive-By.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Oooh ... that's tough. Okay. Zach Braff (naturally! ), Delta Goodrem, Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof, Eliza Dushku, Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin, Alan Tudyk, Julio Arca, Clare Kramer, Eric Szmanda, George Eads, Adam Brody, Caroline Dhavernas, Mark Lutz, Andy Hallett, Tyron Leitso, Jason Bateman, Paul Gross + my friends Hils, Jen, Bry, Quinn & Tim. It's a big dinner party
LOL!! You should have just said, "All the actors in the Whedonverse!"

Do you have any pets?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

What other shows besides Scrubs do you watch regularly?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Ahhh but see, I don't want David or Sarah there

I've met Amy, Andy and Mark three times each (four for Andy) and I love them all to bits, I know they'd light up any party! Alexis I've met once, and I'd have to have there just for hotness. Eliza 'cause I've never met her, and Clare because I've met her even more times than I've met Amy and Andy, and I know she's a scream and very, very chatty.

Nathan is there because he's such an entertainer, and the way he interacts with Alan and Morena is hilarious, hence them being there.

But you've just reminded me that I missed out Joss on my celebs list! I therefore bump Jennifer Garner off the bottom and squish Joss in between Neil Flynn and Eric Szmanda

Do you have any pets?
I do. I have a rabbit, and he's called The Rabbit. People are always horrified that he doesn't have a real name, he's just called The Rabbit, but I have had guinea pigs and rabbits before and no matter what I call them, I get "Rachael, go and see the rabbit/guinea pig/animals!" (Animals was when we had both.) And it doesn't mean I love him any less

What other shows besides Scrubs do you watch regularly?
Oooh, loads! At the moment, I'm watching The 4400 and The Inside. Non-summer US shows would be The OC, CSI (only Vegas, not Fake!CSI or CSI:NY), Arrested Development, Joey, Desperate Housewives, House and ER. I watch my DVDs of Firefly, Due South and Wonderfalls ALL the time. And then there's the UK stuff, soaps like Coronation Street, the Australian soap Neighbours that launched Delta's career (and Kylie Minogue & Natalie Imbruglia)... I'm sure there's a load more I've forgotten about!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Besides Scrubs which show(s) do you wish more people would watch?

What show(s) were cancelled that made you the most mad because you thought it shouldn't have been canned so early?

What show(s) do you wish was cancelled cause it's just crap really?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

This is definetly a cool way to get to know people!!

Great answers Rach!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Besides Scrubs which show(s) do you wish more people would watch?
Firefly. It doesn't technically count, since it's been cancelled, but I'm pimping the DVDs like crazy, trying to get all my friends into the show before the movie comes out. Other than that, I wish more people had watched Jack & Bobby before it got cancelled. It was a really smart show, and deserved a longer run. There were lots of places they could have gone with the stories and it's just a big shame. Shows still on the air that I wish more people watched - Arrested Development. It's a really funny show, and deserves higher ratings that it's getting. It's a critical success, and it has a core fanbase, but I wish it had high enough ratings that it would definitely run as long as Scrubs And The 4400. Its on USA, so ratings aren't that big of a deal, I just think more people should watch

What show(s) were cancelled that made you the most mad because you thought it shouldn't have been canned so early?
Firefly again. I can't really get all righteous for that one, since I didn't watch it when it was on - just became a HUGE fan since getting the DVDs. Another one that I feel I *can* get all righteous about since I *was* watching from the start would be Wonderfalls. I love that Tim Minear had a feeling they were going to get cancelled and made a 13-episode arc so that the DVD release would tie things up, but I would LOVE to have seen where they would have gone after that. The same with The Inside, which is pretty much dead, apparently. (There's another one for the first question, then!) It's the Curse of Tim Minear, all the shows he (co)creates end up dying too early! It's got a unique concept and isn't "just another procedural show" and just rocks in general.

What show(s) do you wish was cancelled cause it's just crap really?
Hmmm ... every show's got its fans, but I think Will & Grace really needs to end before its not even getting one laugh per episode. I think the same about Charmed, really, I used to like it, but not so much any more. Over here in England, Footballers Wives and Bad Girls need to DIE!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I want to give my opinions about your answers but I'm just biding my time. I love reading your answers though!

What are you studying in college?

Lucky you! You find a magic lamp and the genie tells you that you have 3 wishes to be granted. What are they?