Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 1.01 - Oct. 2nd 2001 - My First Day

So I thought I'd try something new, to keep us going over the loooong hiatuses - an episode discussion thread concentrated on a particular old episode. I'm starting with the pilot, but that doesn't mean we have to go in order - if people have favourite episodes they'd like to have as the next thread of the week, please say so!

If the episode doesn't have a thread of its own, we can start one, and if it does, I'll top the thread and edit the title to show that it's thread of the week.

Sooo... lets discuss the pilot!

Quote:
John Dorian, J.D. (Zach Braff) to friends, is a boyishly handsome, self-deprecatingly funny, likeable guy who would be confident if he only realized his assets. Three years of medical school have prepared J.D. for his first day as an intern at Sacred Heart Hospital -- but he has his doubts. As J.D. is thrown into the chaotic world of hospital life, we not only get to see the quirky characters that he encounters, but also hear the humorous commentary of thoughts streaming through J.D.'s head.

By J.D.'s side is his best friend since college, the handsome and confident Chris Turk (Donald Faison). As a new surgical intern, Turk struts around with a gregarious and cocky demeanor that hides a terror that he only admits to J.D. Both guys initially have the hots for their attractive fellow intern, Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke), but J.D. quickly finds out her beauty is only surpassed by a hyper competitive attitude.

Guiding the interns education are those with more medical experience -- which at this time is pretty much everyone. Dr. Robert Kelso (Ken Jenkins), Chief of Medicine, wants the interns to think they can count on him -- until they actually need something. On the other side of the personality spectrum is Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley), a steamroller of a man short on patience. However, beneath his gruff presence hides a truly good guy that J.D. learns to respect. Watching over the interns with a caustically teasing, but caring demeanor, is Nurse Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), a woman who is motherly and sexy at the same time.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Ahhhhh where it all began.

I really like the pilot episode-it's a good set up and full of funny moments. It's amazing how far the characters have grown over the seasons.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

I love the pilot, and though this isn't exactly about the pilot, I also love the way that it's mirrored in the season one finale, except.. not quite mirrored...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait until September when it's in syndication. I've forgotten a lot that's happened in the earlier seasons.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll have to rewatch the ep to refresh my memory before I can respond. Scrubs is just so jam-packed with laughs and information that I can't distinguish between eps off the top of my head. When I think of Scrubs I just think about collection of hilarious moments.
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
Old 06-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

Loved the pilot, it was all so refreshing. Alot different from other shows at the time.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 AM
New Fan

Elliot: I know what you are thinking.
JD: (thinking) Your butt looks like 2 Pringles hugging... (out loud) no you don't...

my fave line...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

That's a great line. I loved JD's shaving cream montage at the start of the episode, too.

I also loved one thing which is never the same on a second viewing - the way they try to make you think that Kelso's the good guy and Cox is the bad guy, because it really worked, and it doesn't play like they just did it to mix it up for the sake of it. It really set up such a lot for both of their characters.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

" The medical interns are having a PacMan tournament. "
Old 06-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey this has been episode of the week twice :p can we have a new one to discuss!?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor
Elliot: I know what you are thinking.
JD: (thinking) Your butt looks like 2 Pringles hugging... (out loud) no you don't...

my fave line...
I love that scene!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt136
Hey this has been episode of the week twice :p can we have a new one to discuss!?
It hasn't been episode of the week twice, it just hasn't been taken down from the first time. There's hardly any discussion going on so I was reluctant to take it down - if the pilot isn't generating discussion, I don't know which episode would. If people want to suggest and episode to talk about next, then of course we can!
Old 06-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it's because of how long ago the pilot was :p plus in my opinion not much happened! Just an intoduction If there are more famous episodes than others, and more rated, you could choose one at random, you can find ratings on tv.com I think
Old 06-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

I think the pilot was amazing.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt136
I think it's because of how long ago the pilot was :p plus in my opinion not much happened! Just an intoduction If there are more famous episodes than others, and more rated, you could choose one at random, you can find ratings on tv.com I think

That's why I'm asking for opinions, though. I'd rather choose an episode that you all want to talk about, than choose one at random and get no replies again.