Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Passionate Fan

The Family Fued Lord of the Rings vs. Cold Mountain skit was really funny last night. My sister, my crush, and I were dying laughing. And it was funny that Legolas was played by a chick. Down with Orlando! hehe
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 02-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

My favorite part is when Dot won the spelling bee and was upset that she didn't win the bee she said this is B U L L and than they showed the ESPN logo.
da #299
Old 02-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love when Dot was like, "What's wrong with your ear?" And then the whole thing about licking it and stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 03-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Was anyone else disapointed with the "It's a Small World" sketch?

It started off great and I was laughing at the beginning. "You loved 'Pirates of the Caribean." You hated 'The Haunted Mansion.'" And I liked the casting parodies; Johnny Depp, Eddie Murphy, Ellen Degeneres and Dakota Fanning. But then, all of a sudden, it's supposed to be a horror movie about killer dolls. It came completely out of left field, it didn't make sense and I don't think it worked. I was expecting better.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mysteria:
<STRONG>There was this one American Idol skit in a repeat I saw recently... Kelly Clarkson had actually guest-starred on it... and "Whitney" was outdoing her and *****. </STRONG>
My favourite bits in that ep were

- "we're announcing the winner. . . After the ad break" X 2 (or was it 3?)
- "Whitney"'s response to the above
- "Wham"
- the whole 99 Red Balloons thing
- "Simon Cowell"'s singing
- Paula and Randy
- ArliSS highlights -- on a 5 min (?) disc

Yes, I have a silly sense of humour.

I haven't managed to see many eps. It's hardly ever on, and when it is, it's at 3 am. But I quite like it. Not all or even most of the skits are really funny, but it's worth watching a whole episode to see the funny bits, isn't it?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh Squiddum I feel your pain dude, MadTV hasnt had much luck on Aussie TV, I haven't seen it in a couple of months, and when I used to watch it it was on between 2am and 5am. Ack!

I love anything Mo Collins does, her and Michael McDonald are my faves, followed by Aries Spears doing Wayne Brady.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

I love it when Mo and Michael do sketches together. They work great off of each other. Especially in the Stuart sketches.

TVShowsOnDVD is reporting that some MADtv DVDs are in the works! Yay! I hope that they release season sets. Unlike, SNL, I think MADtv has a better chance of getting season sets since they probably won't face many of the same issues SNL comes across when releasing videos and DVDs.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

All 19 episodes from MADtv's first season will be out on DVD September 21 complete with bloopers, deleted sketches and the MADtv 200th episode reunion!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Dude. I just started watching the show last year but I love it so much and it's just the funniest thing ever. I definately prefer it over Saturday Night Live which I don't find all that funny. Anyways, watching reruns on Comedy Central is my crack.

My favorites are Mo, Michael, and Stephanie. Stuart and his mother are absolutely hilarious. I agree that Mo and Michael work so well together. Oh and dude, the Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man! Hysterial. I also really liked Nicole Sullivan and Alex Borstein. Aww, I miss them. Miss Swan never failed to crack me up.

Thanks for the info about the DVDs, Cursed. Can't wait for those!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Miss Swan took awhile to grow on me, I thought she was really strange at first (she still is), but now when I see her I crack up.

Stuart and his mom are THE BEST thing about MadTV IMO.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Anyone know when The OC ep is going to reair? I need to see that but hope it's not in July as I'm away from home. If it is, I'll have to call home and ask them to tape it for me.

And what was up with Mo Collins not being in the finale? Anybody have any idea?

I love Dot! She is cute. I liked it when she said, "Uh-oh. My belly button's getting sick." I think that was 200th ep.

The Gabmore Girls was hilarious.

I love Stuart and my sister does too.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Huh? Wha? Mo wasnt in the finale? (I wont get to see it for a few more months )

Where the heck was she?!?!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Yea, they had a Stuart sketch in the finale. You would think you would see his mom but nooo. She was in rehab so he stayed with that neighbor guy, played by Paul Vogt.

And then when I rewatched it with my sister, we were noticed she wasn't in the whole d@mn thing.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Addicted Fan

No way, Stuart but no mom?!?!

That is a crime against humanity.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Did some research and apparently, Mo left midseason. TV Tome reports her only being in #916 after the midseason (I think). But she's still on all the credits for the rest of the season. On PlanetMADtv.com, they had this to say on November 9th 2003,

Quote:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mo Collins will be filming her final episode of MADtv around Christmas time. With the loss of both Mo and Debra this year, MADtv will have its first one woman cast. Stephnie Weir is the only female regular left on the show. Here is what the article said about Mo:

Collins is leaving the show in December after six seasons as a regular cast member. Over the years, she has shape-shifted into Cher, Madonna, Martha Stewart, Jenny Jones, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alanis Morissette, Barbara Bush and an unhinged Mary Poppins, as well as such original characters as Lorraine, Trina and Doreen (Stuart Larkin's mom).

As each cast member leaves, it is hard to see the show go on without them. She will definitely be missed. Don't forget, there are still a few episodes left before her departure. Enjoy her last appearances on the show in the coming weeks, she won't be around much longer. Best of luck goes out to her for future projects. We will be sure to update you as soon as we hear about anything new that she is working on.

Thanks to PAULfan and Scorpiogrrl2003 for confirming this.
on season 10, they have this note:

Quote:
The staff here at PlanetMADtv.com have recieved some interesting information regarding a few casting changes for next season.

It has been confirmed by a number of sources, including an article at the Edmonton Journal* that everyones favourite Clay Aiken Impersonator, Ron Pederson has signed a contract through to 2007. In addition to Ron being signed back on, we have learned through various sources that Ike Barinholtz will also be returning.

However, the article on Ron also mentioned that 4 season 9 cast members have not signed back on for more seasons. Who isn't coming back? In addition to Mo Collins and Melissa Paul, who both left mid-season 9, we have learned that Josh Meyers and Gillian Vigman were not asked to return.

That is everything we are most confident is true. There are other rumors floating around the internet, and as more developments are made, we will let you know. However, just because it has been posted here does not automatically make it true or official. The only real confirmation will come from FOX and/or MADtv affiliated sources.
Gaby
I made my icon.