Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

SNL- Live From New York......

Janet Jackson to host and be the musical guest April 10.
Ben Affleck to host on March 13
Old 03-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, our old thread got eaten up. *sigh*

I wonder what fun Janet will have on Tv this time. Heh.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

It is live... heh.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 03-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Donald Trump to host SNL April 3
Old 03-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Total Fan

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited Eidolon14 ]
Old 03-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey, I missed all the sketches up until TV funhouse...can someone fill me in?

"I know who you are..."

Old 03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

The opening skit had Ben's character getting married to another man. Then in Ben's opening he talked about how he had dated jennifer lopez and how he couldn't understand how the press came up with "Bennifer". Like how hard was it to say both names. He said how since he didn't get any money for it he made up shirts. One said "Bennifer" and others had other actress names combined with his. Another shirt had "Ben-Gay" and he said it was for Marsha Gay Harden or if Matt ever came around. I think the next skit was of Ben and Jimmy in a radio station. Ben kept stealing Jimmy's characters.

On another note, does Ben look heavier to you like he does to me? Its weird but he looks really puffy, especially in the face.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Awww crap, Janet Jackson is gonna host on April 10th? It'll take months for me to see it, Australia is so far behind.

I wonder if the Nipplegate scandal will rear its head--I know it seems like such an easy joke to make, but she has been very careful about what she says and does since then, I wonder if she'll make fun of it on SNL
Old 03-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really loved the weekend update joke about OJ stealing directv's signal. "In a completely unrealted story, DirectTV has been stabbed to death." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And I loved when Kelly Ripa came out and was like, "This is bad man!" During the Bangkok skit.

Magical: I hadn't noticed. I'll look out for it.

Sarzy: You know they'll mention it. They have to!

"I know who you are..."

Old 03-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

I think if you go onto SNL after a big event or scandal, you have to make fun of yourself. Like Ben is doing tonight about his relationship with Jlo, the movie Gigli, and all the press surrounding him, you have to laugh at yourself to show you aren't so rigid.

Though in Janet's case, if she makes fun of it too much or even hints that it wasn't a mistake, she could be in legal trouble. Right now she is kind of safe since everyone involved is saying it was an "accident".
Old 03-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Magical, that's what I'm talking about, ITA that usually celebs poke fun at themselves and nothing is taboo, but in Janet's case, after making such an effort to keep a low profile (Not attending the Grammies for example) and move past the incident, I'd be interested to see if she does say or do anything on SNL regarding her 'wardrobe malfunction'.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Fan

I rarely watch SNL, but I did last night and it was hilarious! Ben Affleck had such a hard time keeping a straight face; he kept cracking up all the time! Even the rest of them, especially during the Irish pub skit, were almost outright laughing. I was killing myself. Is this a usual thing?

The 'in case Matt ever comes around' line was probably the best. That and the Gigli skit. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

stardevi : I noticed that too about them laughing. I was only half listening to the pub one, but I could really tell Ben could hardly stop from laughing during the radio skit. Towards the end of it he and Jimmy could hardly finish because they were both laughing.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Good to see that Ben's epi was a big hit. I always thought he was quite funny, in a dry and sarcastic kind of way, good to see J.Lo didnt beat that out of him.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

I only got to see the first half hour, but it's good to see the old Ben back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hope they rerun this one soon.