Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow poor JD [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I didn't know that he had an injury. I hope he gets better soon.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

After seeing "Blood and Sand" I can guess what happened: they'd finished both "Decks and Violence" and TNTLWOIV before JD got hurt, but decided it was easier to revise the ending of the first one to cover the injury. Obviously they couldn't hide the fact that he's going to be on crutches for a while.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

I like how they were able to work his injury into the show.

Thanks for the pictures!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 01-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

From TVGuide.com

Quote:

VEGAS, BABY!: Is Britney Spears ready to try her luck in Sin City again? The newly singled pop tart — whose quickie Las Vegas wedding to pal Jason Allen Alexander was officially annulled on Monday — is being wooed to play herself in an episode of NBC's new hit drama Las Vegas. "We're actively trying to get her to come on, because she loves the show," exec producer Gary Scott Thompson tells TV Guide Online. "But then her little weekend [wedding] happened and we kind of went, 'I don't know if she's gonna want to do Vegas anymore.'" Calls to Spears' reps were not returned, but they probably have their hands full these days.

--Mark Twain
Old 01-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not a big fan of Brittany's music, but if she were on the show, it should be great for the ratings. It also might encourage some younger viewers to tune in. I doubt that it would have a long-term effect on the demographics of the show, unless she became a recurring guest star, or a regular. But I don't think that would happen...At least I hope not (unless they're gonna show her by the pool, in a thong [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

--Mark Twain
Old 01-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

From the Las Vegas Reviw-Journal (1-8-2004)
www.reviewjournal.com

Quote:
The ubiquitous Paris Hilton shot a guest appearance with the cast of NBC's "Las Vegas" on Monday in Hollywood. Now here's a stretch: She plays a gal who is out to marry a man for his money. "She has a lot of talent for acting, and she is headed for talent stardom," executive producer Scott Steindorff says.
Not a big fan of Paris Hilton, either, but it should be good for the ratings. It'll be interesting to see how well she acts.

--Mark Twain
Old 01-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

I'd be very interested to see what kind of storyline the show would come up for Britney if she guest starred on Las vegas.

Not a fan of Paris either but it should be interesting to see how her talent for acting is.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

From www.Zap2it.com:

Quote:
Fast National ratings for Monday, Jan. 26, 2004

A night of repeats did well enough for CBS to take the overall ratings crown Monday, but NBC dominated among younger viewers. Elsewhere, FOX's "Obnoxious Fiance" proved it had some legs.

CBS averaged an 8.7 rating/12 share in primetime, with NBC close behind at 8.4/12. FOX came in third at 6.4/9, followed by ABC, 4.7/7; The WB, 3.8/6; and UPN, 2.4/4.

NBC's 6.1 rating among adults 18-49 led the pack by a fairly wide margin. FOX averaged 4.9, CBS 4.1, ABC 2.9, The WB 2.2 and UPN 1.4.

The ongoing couples competition on "Fear Factor," 9.7/14, won the 8 p.m. hour for NBC. Reruns of "Yes, Dear" and "Still Standing" averaged 7.4/11 for CBS. ABC finished third with the movie "Armageddon." FOX went with a repeat of "That '70s Show," 4.5/7, and a "lost" episode of "The Simple Life," 4.9/7. The WB's "7th Heaven" was fifth at 4.1/6, beating repeats of "The Parkers" and "Eve" on UPN.

CBS took the lead at 9 p.m. with "Everybody Loves Raymond," 10.0/14, and "Two and a Half Men," 8.8/13. NBC dropped one spot with "Las Vegas," 8.1/12. "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" averaged 8.0/12 for FOX, down significantly from last week's premiere -- which benefited from an "American Idol" lead-in -- but still solid. ABC's movie finished fourth, ahead of "Everwood," 3.5/5, on The WB. "Girlfriends" and "Half and Half" averaged 2.4/4 for UPN.

A rerun of "CSI: Miami," 9.3/15, held the lead for CBS at 10 p.m. "Average Joe: Hawaii" posted a 7.2/11 for NBC, while "Armageddon" finished at 4.8/8 for ABC.

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.
[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Superhero ]

--Mark Twain
Old 01-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the ratings... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 02-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] NBC has picked up the show for the 2004-05 season. [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>'Vegas,' 'Dreams' Hit Jackpot at NBC </STRONG>

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC has given an early pickup to dramas "Las Vegas" and "American Dreams" for next fall, giving both shows full-season, 22-episode orders.

In its first season, the James Caan-starring "Las Vegas" has averaged 12.3 million viewers and a 4.6 rating/11 share among adults 18-49, ranking as the highest-rated new drama this season in the key demographic.

Said executive producer Justin Falvey: "We feel like we're starting to hit our stride and finding what works (on the show), which is a combination of procedural elements and a little bit of fantastical and escape for the audience to come to Vegas for an hour"

Dennis Hopper is the latest big name tapped to guest star on the series following guest stints by Oscar nominee Alec Baldwin and Jean-Claude Van Damme.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

That's really great news, we get the show for another season! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for posting the info.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Yay! I love this show, and am so glad that it is doing so well!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

From www.Zap2It.com:

Quote:
Fast National ratings for Monday, Feb. 2, 2004

FOX squeezed another hour out of "American Idol" Monday and tied CBS for the overall ratings lead while winning big among adults 18-49.

CBS and FOX each averaged a 10.9 rating/16 share in primetime, although FOX held a sizable edge in total viewers (18.6 million to 16.7 million). NBC was third at 7.7/11, followed by ABC, 5.3/8; The WB, 2.8/4; and UPN, 2.0/3.

Younger viewers heavily favored FOX, which posted an 8.6 rating among adults 18-49. [/b]CBS and NBC tied for second at 5.6[/b]. ABC averaged 2.9, The WB 1.3 and UPN 1.1.

The special "American Idol: The Road to Hollywood" scored a 12.1/18 at 8 p.m. for FOX. "Fear Factor," 8.0/12, put NBC in second. CBS was right behind with "Yes, Dear," 7.7/12, and "Still Standing," 8.0/12. ABC aired the movie "Gladiator" (5.3/8 average from 8 to 11 p.m.). A repeat of "7th Heaven" on The WB was fifth, finishing ahead of the 1.9/3 average for UPN's "The Parkers" and "Eve."

CBS moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with "Everybody Loves Raymond," 12.2/18, and "Two and a Half Men," 10.8/16. "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" drew a healthy 9.6/14 for FOX. NBC's "Las Vegas" was third at 7.9/11, followed by ABC's movie. "Everwood" averaged 3.1/5 for The WB. Repeats of "Girlfriends" and "Half and Half" on UPN trailed.

At 10 p.m., "CSI: Miami" averaged 13.2/21 for CBS, easily beating NBC's "Average Joe: Hawaii," 7.2/12, and ABC's movie.

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.

--Mark Twain
Old 02-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] Another season.

Here's what the Futon Critic had to say:

Early Renewals Come for NBC's 'Dreams,' 'Vegas'; Showtime's 'Word'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC is rallying behind its freshman drama "Las Vegas" and its returning sophomore "American Dreams," as the network announced early 2004-05 season renewals for both series today.

"These are two shows that have performed well for us this season and two shows we believe in, so there was no reason to wait," NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker said in a statement. The renewals were also given early so both show's producers will have extra time to prepare for next season as NBC is expected to launch its fall 2004 schedule early, with the majority its schedule rolling out in early August to take advantage of the promo push from its Summer Olympics coverage.

"Vegas," which airs Mondays at 9:00/8:00c, has averaged 12.3 million viewers and a 4.6 rating/11 share among adults 18-49 so far this season. More importantly, "Vegas'" viewership has actually grown over the course of its run as its January 12 broadcast (13.9 million viewers) was its most-watched episode to date. As for "Dreams," the sophomore drama has averaged 8.6 million viewers and a 3.2/8 in adults 18-49 this season. While down considerably from last season (24% in year-to-year comparisons), NBC executives say the series remains competitive among several key demographics. NBC had previously trimmed the show's second season from 22 installments to 18 (read the story) so the show's third season renewal comes as a slight surprise.

"Vegas" and "Dreams" join the previously renewed "ER," "Fear Factor," "Law & Order," "The West Wing" and "Will & Grace" for the 2004-05 season. Both shows have been given full 22-episode pick-ups.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Yay!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I heard about this when it happened, and I am sooooo excited!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche