Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

So following Mallory´s invitation I´m here

to you all.

my name is Alexa, which might be obvious . I´m also not obsessed about JA but I definetly try to catch every eppy. I´m from Germany and the 5th season will start over here soon (well if you´re not from the US it´s normally that "you´re behind " when it comes to TV shows but you learn to live with it). So with teh new eppies here I might come over here to discuss the "new" eppies on a regular basis.

I´m a big fan of the Maxine actress...know her since the days of Cagney&Lacey I really hope that one day we see Amy and Bruce hooking up...but well I´ve learned to be patient when it comes to ships and also learned to accept that most of the times I´m dissapointed in the end.

TV shows I´m currently obsessed with are Third Watch ( Carol ), 24 season 4 and Lost. As for the rest I consider myself as a TV show junkie and watch a lot from ER, SatC, Crossing Jordan over CSI and also including Alias.

If I´m not watching TV or surfing the net I´m studying (Geography) and read. Love the nature (but only in summer )

Hope to get to know you better soon

Alexa
Old 02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alexa,
Please feel free to discuss the episodes. We don't mind hearing about last season's, or any season of JA episodes for that matter. We have a general thread discussion of episodes and a TNT & Hallmark episode discussion thread.
We also have a thread for episodes that air on Tuesday's at 10pm on CBS here in the US. Those episodes are the new episodes (season 6).

I also watch ER. I don't watch it as closely as I do JA, but I do watch it.

I know what you mean about being patient with "ships". I, too, find it disappionting when two characters don't get together who I think should have. Best example for me is Mallory and Skippy from Family Ties.

I hope you enjoy the board.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Welcome to the Judging Amy board, Alexa! I hope we see lots of you!
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 03-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the welcome

Definetly have a look at the eppy discussion threads
Old 03-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82
Thanks for the welcome

Definetly have a look at the eppy discussion threads
Hope you enjoy the episode discussion threads.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello...

I've been a fan forum member for... gosh... four years.... I started when Roswell was on and stopped posting regularly once it was cancelled.

However, every now and then I lurk about seeing what is the latest bits of news regarding the shows that I like that are still on.

I watch a fair amount of TV (about 15 hours a week of regular shows) and have several shows that I keep up on. Most of the shows I like are SciFi or fantasy, such as Smallville or Stargate SG1.

JA is one that I started to watch a little when it first came on, but didn't keep up with it. Only this season have I really started watching show. One thing I noticed pretty quickly was how involved the story line was. Most other drama shows I've seen don't have quite this much plotline involved. Also, JA tries to get across some interesting messages unlike most other shows I've seen.

Unlike Joan of Arcadia, which I initially liked, but have since stopped watching, JA knows how to tread a fine line between talking about issues versus preaching about issues. I don't konw if that make sense, but JA doesn't get too carried away with itself to loose its central character, which it maintains.

However, if I do tend to get a little annoyed with the promos that say things like "The most emotional decision JA has to make yet.... You won't believe what she decides." That same promo would work for about 75% of the eps I've seen, so it kinda of goes without saying....

Well... I guess I should stop and repeat myself by saying...

Hello...
Old 03-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi, Terracore; welcome to the Judging Amy board!
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 03-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekisses
Hi, Terracore; welcome to the Judging Amy board!
It's nice to be welcomed.

I wonder how many people on this board are in my shoes of not having seen all its episodes. JA is one of the few shows that I watch regularly that I haven't seen all the eps from the onset.

It says a lot to me to JA's credit that it is basically the only pure drama show I watch, which doesn't get on my nerves. As I said, I used to watch Joan of Arcadia before I got to the point I could no longer takes its preachy, moralistic values that it seem to want to impose on the audience. JA isn't like that, which is a good thing.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't seen all of the episodes either.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKeaton
I haven't seen all of the episodes either.
Good to know I'm not the only one...
Old 03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Terracore , I totally agree with you and the point that JA provides a message but without moralising too much or lecturing.
I haven´t seen every single eppy eighter. Especially from the early seasons but they air it on a daily basis over here and that´s hard to catch up with...even with a VCR that I sometimes forget to set myself for that. But thanks to reruns I´ll be able to catch up soon.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:15 PM
New Fan

Hey, I'm Anne. I only just registered today and I dunno how frequently I'll come here but I decided to join anyway. I'm a huge Judging Amy fan tho and have been for quite some time. I just got into it because I really sympathized with the character and I like the subject of single parents and everything and on top of that, she's just really nice to look at and gives off this heart-warming vibe if that makes any sense lol. Anyway, besides JA, I never miss er (Abby is my favorite character and - guess what - Sam cos she's a single mom lol) and Gilmore Girls. Also, Crossing Jordan and 24 are great, but nothing to relate to really lol. I used to be a huge Buffy fan back when it was it's time Other than that, I love Dido I'm an avid poster on her board so therefore, I might not be here all that much Dunno if I'm supposed to telly anything about myself here, but I will anyway I'm 20 yrs old and live in Germany for the time being i have lived in the states before and actually intend to go back later in College. So much for that. This looks like a cool place and I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I come here
Old 03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great to meet ya Anne! I'm also 20 years old, but I live in the states! I'm studying elementary education. (my dream job is to be an actress though)But anyway, welcome to the greatest board on this site! We are all Judging Amy obsessers haha lol. So post whenever you feel !!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi Anne84! Welcome to the JA board. You can say things about yourself it's ok. I hope you want to post here. It's a nice board. I also like ER. JA is my favorite show. Enjoy the board!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:45 PM
New Fan

Thanks, I'm sure I will It's not too popular around my friends so I'll be happy to get to chat about JA w/o having to bother anyone who doesn't wanna hear