Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2004, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

a round robin is like an all-writers-story.
and you're right about the discussion topic. I have to think of something new. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi. This is off topic, so we can write about anything, right?

I hope all of you are doing well. I posted a while back on the intro board, but didn't get to post regularly much.

However, since this is April and it's the evaluation month, I am doing my best to post more often.

Carol
Old 04-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

that's so sweet of you, Car and you totally deserve a [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] - and yeah, you can talk about anything here - at the moment we desperately need a topic however [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

so how's it going? I'm still awefully busy with my thesis - I wanted to have it finish a week ago but it seems like I need this week and then maybe even another. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I hate myself for being so slow.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K:
<STRONG>that's so sweet of you, Car and you totally deserve a [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] - and yeah, you can talk about anything here - at the moment we desperately need a topic however [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

so how's it going? I'm still awefully busy with my thesis - I wanted to have it finish a week ago but it seems like I need this week and then maybe even another. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I hate myself for being so slow.</STRONG>
Thesis? Did I kniw this?

I know what you mean, though. I have been trying to get my reading list for my comps finished and it is not happening. Oh, well. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So... a topic, eh? Well, the OT at Third Watch always seems to stray to weather. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 04-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Passionate Fan

It's raining!

[img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] Open your heart and let the sunshine in! ( [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img] )

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited PJAngel ]
Old 04-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Mustang Girl:
<STRONG>
Thesis? Did I kniw this?</STRONG>
no clue, I think I mentioned it over at Third Watch. I'm the soil science person. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>
I know what you mean, though. I have been trying to get my reading list for my comps finished and it is not happening. Oh, well. </STRONG>
excately - and there're those moments when I sit in front of an empty page and ever word takes almost an hour to get written. it's pathetic [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>
So... a topic, eh? Well, the OT at Third Watch always seems to stray to weather.</STRONG>
brilliant idea... weather. well, I don't know - haven't been outside in a long time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K:
<STRONG>

brilliant idea... weather. well, I don't know - haven't been outside in a long time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, it's actually been rather nice here. I get outside to walk across campus to teach my different classes. And the weather was so nice today that I rode my four-wheeler up to my mother's house tonight. It was sprinkling, but I just donned a rain jacket and rode one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 04-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Okay-- I'm posting twice in a row but it's another day and I have new stuff to say. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, so I am a walking audible clock? Or do people just think I live in some alternate universe which goes by a different time.

I ask these questions because I’m noticing people asking me over and over “What time do you have?” “Do you have the time?” “What time does your clock show?”

Granted, at work I do hear these questions more often because my office is located on the corner near the entrance to my building. I am always asked informational questions such as “what time is it?” “Where is the second floor (our building doesn’t have two floors)” “Where can I find Dr. Luebke?” and the like. In fact, last year I was receiving so many of these questions that the secretary and I placed three large signs with arrows directing students to her office (which is next door to mine.)

However, work is not the only place that I have been asked the time lately. In fact, the very same day that some random student popped into my office to ask the time, I was asked the time again later that afternoon when I went to a different city. I had gone to Fayetteville to meet with my professor there about the independent study course I’m taking. Since I arrived early, I was waiting by the peace fountain (which is a whole other story – see below). A random guy walked up and asked the time. Never mind the fact that we were right below Old Maine which has a tower clock on it.

I have decided that everyone must think I live in some alternate universe with a different time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Peace fountain: There is a beautiful, peaceful fountain on campus that I like to sit in front of and read for a bit when I go to Fayetteville. I mentioned how peaceful the fountain was to a friend, who politely informed me, perhaps that is why it’s called Peace Fountain. And yep – there’s a plaque indicating so. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I’m observant.

Okay—I’d better run over to the other building that has a fax machine. I’m supposed to fax a list of stuff from my aunt (who’s now living with me) to her boss. My aunt is ill today and cannot hardly speak, so I’m faxing this to-do list to her boss. Then I’m dashing to the campus center to get a biscuit for breakfast from the cafeteria before my 9:00 meeting. Opps—I think I was supposed to prepare for that.

Less than 30 minutes! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Later-- Carol
Old 04-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] are you sure you didn't wear your 'I have the time' T-Shirt and that's why they ask you? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

kidding. I recognised a similar problem recently - people reading a magazine and asking me: "Do you know what's on page XX?"
I mean, hell - am I the editor or what? Can I read tiny upsite down letters through several other pages and from the other side of the room?
or another example: people telling me about a conversation they had with someone else and then asking: "Did you know what he replied???" Again - have I talked to that person? Am I a clairvoyant?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

j/k

ah that day... I haven't accomplished anything important yet. I should run and at least get some work done...

later... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I had gone to Fayetteville
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Whoa, don't tell me you live in Arkansas, do you? Cuz I was living there for 5 months as an exchange student, attending high school and living with a nice host family.
*Gillian Anderson*

"We shared a dinner that did not go well, and...footwear was destroyed." *Amy Gray*

@Sometimes I get so weird, I even freak myself out...@
Old 04-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Unfaithful_Angel:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Whoa, don't tell me you live in Arkansas, do you? Cuz I was living there for 5 months as an exchange student, attending high school and living with a nice host family.</STRONG>
I actually live in OK, but close enough. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nikki, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think maybe I should start wearing the "I have the time" T-shirt! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

.... another day at work....

I am ready for the weekend, though.

Carol
Old 04-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unfaithful_Angel, actually I did live in Arkansas for about 5 years. Where abouts did you live, if you don't mind my asking.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl:
<STRONG>Unfaithful_Angel, actually I did live in Arkansas for about 5 years. Where abouts did you live, if you don't mind my asking.</STRONG>

You are stalking me, Sis! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

teasing ... and Unfaithful was talking to me ... teasing.

Unfaithful, Wildfire Girl and I are real-life twin sisters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Okay -- too many crazy things have just happened to me in the last few hours, so I have to post again.

I was sitting in a part-time instructor’s class today, observing her class when the robin appears. He pecks on the window of her classroom, just as he had done on mine. In fact, he’s been here all week.

A student shooed the bird away, but not even 15 minutes later, there is this huge crash. Apparently the maintenance men were trying to move furniture from one building and had lost a locker out of the back of the truck. As the driver attempted to drive off the curb, because he’d driven up on the sidewalk to have easier access to the building, the truck tipped a bit, and BANG, the locker fell out!

Then, not even five minutes later, I hear this "thwump, thwump, thwump!". An AV (audio-visual aid) cart was zipping by, zooming down the sidewalk. The campus is rather empty on a typical Friday afternoon, but add to that the fact that today is Good Friday and all the public schools in the area are not in session, the campus is really empty. So maybe the AV guy is taking advantage of the isolated campus to race around.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 04-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that really sounds like one of those experiences where you frown, think you might be trapped in an alternate universe, dismiss that, and say "oo-okay". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I wish I could contribute anything exciting, but all I do is write, write, write - my arm's so lame and numb, I'm hardly able to post. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]