Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Amy/Bruce Appreciation Thread

HI guys!

I came here and I`m so surprised no one has made a thread for them yet. For me, this is definitely the couple to watch on this show. I was so happy when she didn`t marry Stu but kinda pissed that Bruce didn`t show up. Two weeks ago, Bruce was going to tell Amy the truth about his absence but he got cut off! I just think that it would be nice to see an interacial couple that is the center of the show. Even without that in mind, I just think that Amy`s been waiting for Bruce this whole time...just bite the bullet and get together!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 11-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Nikki!

I agree with everything you said...I unfortunately didn`t get to see Amy and Bruce kiss...I kinda started really watching the show the episode after they kissed and it`s been making me sad ever since...definitely Bruce is hesitating about a future with Amy because of the interracial factor as well as the boss relationship...she`s his friend and I think he doesn`t want to jeapardize that. That`s why he kinda jumped at the appearance of Zola. She`s the type of woman he thinks he should be with but Zola knew from the beginning his attraction and devotion to Amy and it didn`t hurt that Amy didn`t like Zola either. And Stu...eck...I never knew about him and his history with the show until I read the episode guide for the show at tvtome.com...thank goodness she never married him but definitely, even though Bruce can`t admit it to himself, he knew well enough that he couldn`t stand to see Amy married to that dumbass...now David`s in the picture and you know that doesn`t sit well with Bruce...I mean, look at what happened when Amy got nervous around David in front of Bruce. He was perplexed and couldn`t understand it...I don`t like David and I hate the idea of them together...isn`t bad enough that Lauren is infatuated with his son Victor? Don`t be infatuated with David too!

I just am waiting patiently for this whole David thing to stop so that Bruce and Amy can truly reflect on the kiss and what they truly mean to each other...it seems like it`s time...

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 11-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
she`s his friend and I think he doesn`t want to jeapardize that.
currently, they show re-runs of all seasons here until we hopefully get s5 next summer. so i`m watching episodes for the second time now - and i have to say: it was hard enough until bruce even admitted that him and amy are friends. especially at the beginning of s1 their relationship seems really strained to me and bruce is often pretty hostile. today i watched 1x07 "An Impartial Bias" - amy recognises that though she talks a lot about her family and lauren in particular, that she knows nothing about bruce when she drives him home and learns about his daughter rebecca. so you can see, they came a long way since that - and when nothing happened after the kiss, i thought - well, they`re taking 1 step forward and 10 back. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

on stu - i can`t say i`ve anything against him. even as a "villian" in season 3 he was pretty trite IMO. *shrugs*

on zola - i agree on what you said, cindy. bruce thinks she`s the woman he should be with.

Quote:
I don`t think the race things is as much of a problem for them as the job thing.
i think another problem would be religion. as far as we`ve seen bruce is pretty involved in church activities and a believing catholic thereas amy is sceptical and not very religious.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Total Fan

This is going to be the death of me here. Yes it is. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

My theories- I love them. I`ve loved the guy who played Stu since he was on Homicide, and the role just disappointed me. If there was going to be anything there, it would have been after the heartattack, and that would have been pure pity. I got so excited I almost forgot the period at the end of that sentence. Dear dear me.

The attraction goes way back, back to them looking out for each other, and it starts to steadily grow.Last ep, he was trying really hard to tell her why he had to miss her wedding. It was heartbreaking. Only because I loveeeeee Bruce, but I`m gushing. Someone stop me.

If anything, there`s probably going to be a gazillion years of build up, like they keep doing, and Jasmine`s little heart can`t take it! But oh! When did they kiss? And where was I?
Old 11-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Super_Jas:
<STRONG>Someone stop me.</STRONG>
that wouldn`t be me. i`m glad you`re here. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>When did they kiss? And where was I?</STRONG>
the kiss was took place in 4x01 "Lost in the System". amy was still living in this shabby apartment. lauren was afraid the flat was haunted, since someone broke in - and amy let her sleep over at maxine`s. bruce came around and well... one thing led to another. but where you were... i can`t tell. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeymink:
<STRONG>

the kiss was took place in 4x01 "Lost in the System". amy was still living in this shabby apartment. lauren was afraid the flat was haunted, since someone broke in - and amy let her sleep over at maxine`s. bruce came around and well... one thing led to another. but where you were... i can`t tell. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki</STRONG>
I slept through that! Ahhhhhhh!! Anyhoo, I went digging through my cds, and came up with songs. Because every ship needs songs.

What If It All Means Something
by Chantal Kreviazuk

If I could do anything for you, believe me I would
Do you feel the same? Feel the same as me?
If I could be anyone for you believe me I would
I`m not ashamed not ashamed to be
Its hard for me to know sometimes I feel like letting go
But what if it all means something?
What if it all
What if it all means something?
What if it all
If I could go anywhere for you, believe me I would
I`d run away, I`d ran away,
I`d leave.
If I could fix everything for you, believe me I would
Do you feel the same, feel the same as me?
Its hard for me to know, well maybe I should just let go.
What if it all
(I wanna know)
What if it all
Leave me alone
I`m falling
If I could do anything for you, believe me I would
Do you feel the same? Feel the same as me?
Its hard for me to know well maybe I should just let go
(I wanna know)
What if it all
(I wanna know)
What if it all
Yeah what if it all means something, something, something
I know it all means something.

Old 11-28-2003, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

i think the lyrics suit them pretty well! try to come up with something myself... gimme a sec. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
on the episode - maybe i`ll catch it when it`s repeated, then i might make some screencaps for you. this is also sth.: does anyone know where to find decent screencaps? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>i think the lyrics suit them pretty well! try to come up with something myself... gimme a sec. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
on the episode - maybe i`ll catch it when it`s repeated, then i might make some screencaps for you. this is also sth.: does anyone know where to find decent screencaps? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki</STRONG>
ah ha! Want to do a lyric off, songs about Bruce and Amy? LOL. I`m bored. I`ve found my new home. I love you all.

edited to say- I forgot to say thank you! You`re the bestest! *hopes for a re-run*

[ 11-28-2003: Message edited Super_Jas ]
Old 11-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] sure, no problem, just keep in mind, it will take a while. last episode we had here was 1x08 "Near Death Experience". i just hope they`ll show all episodes again and don`t put sth. else in this timeslot. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nina

Old 11-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] sure, no problem, just keep in mind, it will take a while. last episode we had here was 1x08 "Near Death Experience". i just hope they`ll show all episodes again and don`t put sth. else in this timeslot. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nina</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I`m all good. Really. I can wait. :grin:
Old 11-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

You forgot the dream she got where she kissed him... that was awesome... but I guess that doesn`t count cause it was just a dream.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

oh yeah... what episode was that again?

nikki

Old 12-01-2003, 04:37 AM
New Fan

hi Nina [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I`m aka IShallBelieve...

hey what do you guys think of the last ep...or was it the one before last? Where Bruce sort-of explains why he couldn`t come to her wedding? "Something that can`t be named". I love it!!
Old 12-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

hiya! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] i`m glad you made it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i can`t really say anything about it - since we`re still waiting for season 5 here. still i`m too curious to not let me get spoiled [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

so - what was behind this vague phrase. was it revealed already? and if not - what do you suspect it is he couldn`t "name"?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nina

Old 12-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>oh yeah... what episode was that again?

nikki</STRONG>

Sorry I don`t remember specifically, but I think it was in the first or second season... I know it was kind of early in the show.

and no the thougts behind the vague phrase wasn`t revealed yet, and I wouldn`t be surprised if its not revealed anytime soon.... I think it was the words `I Love You` that couldn`t be revealed.

It was a great scene and I half wanted to KILL Donna for interupting it, but knowing how hard it would be for Bruce to act proper around Amy after saying those words, I`m not surprised that he never finished saying what he was going to say...

BUT I think Amy knows... do any of you think Amy knows how Bruce feels about her?