Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Season Three Appreciation Thread #1 ~ The Year That Changed Everything...

Here is a thread to discuss the third season of Charmed. First impressions, overall analysis, and favorite moments. Feel free to post them here.

Episode Guide:

"The Honeymoon's Over"
While Piper and Leo are away, Prue and Phoebe must face a series of demons known as Guardians, who protect mortal murderers in exchange for the souls of innocents.

"Magic Hour"
The sisters must find a way to break a curse which turns a man into an owl by day and his girlfriend into a wolf by night, while Piper and Leo attempt to wed without The Powers That Be finding out.

"Once Upon a Time"
Prue and Phoebe try to save a little girl and a fairy princess from evil trolls while Piper goes on strike.

"All Halliwell's Eve"
On Halloween, the sisters are pulled back in time to the 1600s to save a witch and her soon-to-be-born child from the hands of an evil witch.

"Sight Unseen"
After the house is robbed, Prue becomes increasingly paranoid over attacks from the Triad, and the mysterious threat Belthazor poses.

"Primrose Empath"
Prue begins experiencing the powers of an empath, thanks to a demon, but she soon loses control.

"Power Outage"
In an attempt to destroy the Charmed Ones, Cole enlists the help of Andras, a demon who magnifies anger into rage.

"Sleuthing with the Enemy"
When the sisters discover that Cole is Belthazor, Phoebe must make one of the toughest decisions of her life: either vanquish her boyfriend or keep an extremely dangerous demon alive.

"Coyote Piper"
Prue and Phoebe have their hands full when Piper is possessed by the evil life essence on the day of her high school reunion.

"We All Scream for Ice Cream"
The sisters trace a mysterious ice cream van who abducts children, but the evil may not be who they initially suspect. Meanwhile, the girls' dad Victor comes for a visit.

"Blinded by the Whitelighter"
The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world.

"Wrestling With Demons"
Prue discovers that her former college boyfriend is being led down the path to becoming a demon, and the sisters must risk their lives in an underworld wrestling ring to save his soul.

"Bride and Gloom"
An evil priestess teams up with a warlock to take Prue's hand in marriage to turn the Charmed Ones evil and therefore, the Book of Shadows evil in order to take possession of the tome.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Cursed"
Phoebe becomes psychosomatically linked with a murder victim from 1873 who is stuck in a time loop. Prue and Cole set aside their differences to save Phoebe's life.

"Just Harried"
Prue loses control of her astral self, who gets framed for murder and ruins Piper and Leo's wedding in the process.

"Death Takes a Halliwell"
A group of demons called Seekers terrorize several innocents in an attempt to find Cole. The Angel of Death makes a visit and only Prue can see him.

"Pre-Witched"
A familiar-turned-warlock tempts the Charmed Ones to kill him nine times so that he can obtain immortality. Piper and Leo plan on moving out of the Manor, leading to flashbacks of Grams' considering to prevent The Power of Three from forming prior to her death.

"Sin Francisco"
The Charmed Ones are infected with the Seven Deadly Sins, leading them to self-destructing activities.

"The Demon Who Came in from the Cold"
Cole goes undercover, reuniting with his Brotherhood colleagues to stop a corporate merger that will benefit the Underworld.

"Exit Strategy"
The Brotherhood and a mind-controlled Cole plot to steal an amulet from a couple of witch practitioners. Meanwhile, Piper develops a new ability.

"Look Who's Barking"
A heartbroken Phoebe is transformed into a Banshee and Prue is transformed into a dog, forcing Piper to gain more confidence in her capabilities as a witch.

"All Hell Breaks Loose"
Prue and Piper inadvertently expose magic to the public while attacking the demon Shax. Phoebe goes to the Underworld to free Cole of his mental hold. After Piper is killed by a fanatical hippie, the Charmed Ones are forced to make a deal with The Source of All Evil to reverse the exposure by rewinding time, not knowing the dire consequences of this agreement until it's too late.

DVD Coverart:

kenny | credit
Old 04-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

ah,great!
I thought season three was an awesome season till the end.
Insurgent
Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Season 3 was awesome!! I'm in the middle of it right now. I really wish Prue hadn't died at the end. She would've been an awesome regular on the last seasons. It's too bad that Shannen and Alyssa didn't get along.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

yeah,that was a sad story.

Some of my favorite couples where in season three.
Insurgent
Old 04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG Prue and Cole in one season! That is why season 3 rocks.

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

"Prewitched" is one of my favorite Charmed episodes. It was so cool how they did go back to the past to show the relationship the sisters had with eachother before they recieved there true connection. Everything about that episode was done so well. It's making me want to re-watch it, again.

I don't know...I think Phoebe/Cole was a little overrated. I prefer Piper/Leo, to be honest.

kenny | credit
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you on the episode.I loved it so much,that although Piper was the one who wanted them to stay together she was the first one to leave but thank God she came back again!
Insurgent
Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I don't know...I think Phoebe/Cole was a little overrated. I prefer Piper/Leo, to be honest.
What?! You must be joking. (eyes widen in mock horror) I love Phoebe and Cole they are my second favorite couple on the show, following closely on the heels of Prue and Andy. There are so many good episodes in season 3, the only one I can think of right now that I dislike is "We All Scream For Ice Cream". I love "All Halliwell's Eve" and "Sleuthing with the Enemy" especially.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

I think all the episodes where awesome in their own way.
But I loved Ph/C too.So there are no complains from me on that season with them.
Insurgent
Old 04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

The only complaint I ever have about Phoebe and Cole is that they broke up!

Season 3 is so awesome, I really think that it is where the series hits its stride before Shannon leaves. Can I just tell you how much I love "The Good, the Bad, and the Cursed"?! Seeing Prue and Cole in cowboy clothes is so funny.

Cole: You have to hold my hand.
Prue: This sucks already.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

yeah, there were so many new and fun stuff
Insurgent
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Personal favorite moments:
  • Phoebe's challenge to Cole to prove that he wants to be more than friends.
  • Prue getting a power boost from the empathy power
  • Piper and Leo getting married
  • Prue getting married to a non dull demon
  • Phoebe finally telling Prue and Piper that she let Cole go
  • The increase in sisterly love, affection, and understanding between the three sisters

Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

aww,yeah. I think there was so much more too.That they got to meet their mother again and cam closer to Victor.For example
Insurgent
Old 05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think the writing was quite strong in season three, and I agree about Cole. The sparks were flying between he and Prue! Shame nothing ever came of that, although Cole and Phoebe were very sweet for the most part. Any season with Cole is x100 times better IMO.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

well, I can't really picture Cole and Prue together but sometimes you could see the eye-contact and some chemistry.
Insurgent
Closed Thread   Post New Thread