Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan69:
<STRONG>

They writers has to do something to have Daryl in the show is all. Why must you be so cynical all the time? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>

You don't see anything wrong by the fact that the sisters got away with stealing Darryl's soul without his permission?
JanineW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JanineW:
<STRONG>

You don't see anything wrong by the fact that the sisters got away with stealing Darryl's soul without his permission?</STRONG>
Oh I do, if it were real. What we're neglecting to realize here is that it's just a television show and it's not like it's going to spark people to take "soul raping" for granted and start "raping souls". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's all.

But in the context of the show: Yeah, the sisters did something that they shouldn't have without Daryl's permission. But like I said previously, if they didn't do that then the writers probably wouldn't have written Daryl into many aspects of the show, plus, it wouldn't have provided the "something is at stake/time limit" situation.

And besides, as you can tell by my "wink" smilies, it's just meant as a joking comment. I understood where you were coming from! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
stefan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
<STRONG>

Oh I do, if it were real. What we're neglecting to realize here is that it's just a television show and it's not like it's going to spark people to take "soul raping" for granted and start "raping souls". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's all.

But in the context of the show: Yeah, the sisters did something that they shouldn't have without Daryl's permission. But like I said previously, if they didn't do that then the writers probably wouldn't have written Daryl into many aspects of the show, plus, it wouldn't have provided the "something is at stake/time limit" situation.

And besides, as you can tell by my "wink" smilies, it's just meant as a joking comment. I understood where you were coming from! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

One, I don't think that Darryl having his soul stolen by three of his closest friends and allowing them to get away with it is excusable, even if it means keeping Darryl on the show.

If Cole had done this to one of the sisters to rescue someone he had cared about, all of the sisters, Leo and the show's viewers would be declaring this as another example of how evil and dangerous he is. But since the Charmed Ones had committed this little crime . . . they can get away with it.

Also, the show has made such a big deal over using their powers for personal gain over the past five years. They finally do it in one the worst possible ways and they don't suffer any consequences for it? WTF is this? This is quality writing??
Old 10-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Why was Piper ever so angry with Leo because Leo did turned into an eldar?
Old 10-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

One, I don't think that Darryl having his soul stolen by three of his closest friends and allowing them to get away with it is excusable, even if it means keeping Darryl on the show.

If Cole had done this to one of the sisters to rescue someone he had cared about, all of the sisters, Leo and the show's viewers would be declaring this as another example of how evil and dangerous he is. But since the Charmed Ones had committed this little crime . . . they can get away with it.

Also, the show has made such a big deal over using their powers for personal gain over the past five years. They finally do it in one the worst possible ways and they don't suffer any consequences for it? WTF is this? This is quality writing??</STRONG>
Well, yes, but one could argue that Phoebe and Paige were also using Darryl's soul to rescue the head of the elders, so everything would be hunky-dorey Up There. And also, I think Darryl would have helped them, anyway, since he's close to the sisters.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The writers have failed to drive over the bumpy road of Continuity several times these past years, so I'd just whatever it and go on.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Total Fan

I agree Infernal Doll. I'm just going to chaulk it up to the fact that it's a television show and that the writers are bad with continuity and move on! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Banned

[And also, I think Darryl would have helped them, anyway, since he's close to the sisters.]

But he didn't. In fact, Darryl refused to allow the sisters to take his soul to help Leo. But they ignored his feelings and took anyway, leaving his body behind in an alley.

And yes, this is a television show. A show that claims to give lessons on morality and character development. And in this area, the show failed during the Season 6 premiere. But it's not the first time.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>And yes, this is a television show. A show that claims to give lessons on morality and character development.</STRONG>
Whoever said that Charmed was a show that claimed to give life lessons on morality??? That's just ludicrous. It's simply a television show formed on the basis for entertainment. Not only that but it's a television show produced by Aaron Spelling - the Master of Campy! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
<STRONG>

Whoever said that Charmed was a show that claimed to give life lessons on morality??? That's just ludicrous. It's simply a television show formed on the basis for entertainment. Not only that but it's a television show produced by Aaron Spelling - the Master of Campy! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Really? Then how do you account for episodes like "Morality Bites", which focuses upon the dangers of using one's powers for personal gain? They did the same in regard to Paige (in a ridiculous manner, I might add) in "Charmed and Dangerous". And didn't the sisters use their powers for personal gain when they stole Darryl's soul to save Leo?
Old 10-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Total Fan

I don't think having episodes that have some moral of the story situation constitutes a "claim" to present morally correct episodes constantly. It's about a television show and whatever works for entertaining.

Like any show, it has it's highs and lows, and that's just something we're going to have to deal with. I don't think that what the sisters did was right, in regards to if it were reality, but since it served the purpose of entertainment, then it's fine with me.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
<STRONG>I don't think having episodes that have some moral of the story situation constitutes a "claim" to present morally correct episodes constantly. It's about a television show and whatever works for entertaining.

Like any show, it has it's highs and lows, and that's just something we're going to have to deal with. I don't think that what the sisters did was right, in regards to if it were reality, but since it served the purpose of entertainment, then it's fine with me.</STRONG>
Why is it that whenever someone complains about the Charmed Ones - together or separately - committing an act like . . . stealing someone's soul, everyone else dismisses it with a comment like "oh, it's just a television show". But whenever they are victims of a similar act, everyone pounces on how evil that particular character is. They did this with Cole . . . a lot. And this seems so hypocritical.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Why is it that whenever someone complains about the Charmed Ones - together or separately - committing an act like . . . stealing someone's soul, everyone else dismisses it with a comment like "oh, it's just a television show". But whenever they are victims of a similar act, everyone pounces on how evil that particular character is. They did this with Cole . . . a lot. And this seems so hypocritical.</STRONG>
Because the Charmed Ones, in general (although not always) are supposed to be good. Good as in, taking care of the world and humans that are innocent. So when they took his soul it was a little shocking because of the fact that what they did contradicts the "helping innocents thing". And when evil characters do something like that, it's easier to bash them because they ARE evil. It's there job to do things like that.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by *angelgirl*:
<STRONG>

Because the Charmed Ones, in general (although not always) are supposed to be good. Good as in, taking care of the world and humans that are innocent. So when they took his soul it was a little shocking because of the fact that what they did contradicts the "helping innocents thing". And when evil characters do something like that, it's easier to bash them because they ARE evil. It's there job to do things like that.</STRONG>

Just because they are "supposed to be good" or the heroes, doesn't mean that their less-than-admirable behavior should be excused. Even in fiction.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:09 PM
New Fan

Well I LOVE them just the same! I really liked the way they looked in the Valhally Of The Dolls episode. They were like three invincible warrior goddesses! I wanted to jump through the tv and bow down to them.:-)
FastFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread