Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora
Yes, that's weird and unfair because you would think tht he's a main part in the movie. But all the posters are only showing the fantastic four! *sigh*

I'm away over the weekend but i'll probably go to the cinema on tuesday.. YAY!!!
He's not on the posters, but on the other hand he's the most mentioned person from the movie...
Some magazines don't even mention Jessica Alba, but Julez..
I'll go on Friday and I'm sooo looking forward to it...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yes, that's weird and unfair because you would think tht he's a main part in the movie. But all the posters are only showing the fantastic four! *sigh*

I'm away over the weekend but i'll probably go to the cinema on tuesday.. YAY!!!
exactly . i mean i didnt even know he was in the movie when i saw the posters and adds for the first time .. (which was a long time ago but still) i found out because of the charmed / Julian news .. and now i´m paying attention even more to it .. but its hard to find julians name in the adds or well his pic

have fun this weekend.. and enjoy the movie on thuesday .. i respect a full report when you are back

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

New pics from April 2005
Julian with his ex-wife Brooke Burns and his daughter Madison

Credit: EOJ
Source: Charming Network

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
"Fantastic Four" Press Conference with Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis and Julian McMahon
June 28, 2005 - The Essex House
New York City, New York United States
pics:

source: wireimages, charming-net

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG.. are those cute.. I sooo love that one..
Maybe someone could make me an Avie out of it or combine it woth another one?? *looking for Avie makers and begging for an avi*
http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/5432585.jpg

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Julian in the new Instyle magazine

Scans:

source: charming-net, mcmahoniacs.net, dreamy deamon

PreVue Magazin UK about 'Fantastic Fours'.

Scans:

Quelle: mcmahoniacs.net,charming-net

Quote:
INTERVIEW: EXCLUSIVE: Julian McMahon on Fantastic Four
Thursday, July 14th, 2005

Source: Fred Topel

Dr. Doom Speaks

On Monday morning, after his film reported $56 million in box office on opening weekend, Fantastic Four's Julian McMahon was not fielding calls from the studio with sequel offers. In fact, he was still talking to journalists about his role as the comic book supervillain Dr. Doom. "No actual calls yet, but I think it was a pretty good start," he laughed modestly.

Still, based on his knowledge of the comic books, McMahon is pretty confident that Dr. Doom is here to stay. "Firstly, it's Dr. Doom and he can never die. I don't know if you know the comics at all, but Dr. Doom just never goes away. He's like the Joker in Batman. I remember watching that as a kid and going, ‘How does he keep coming back?' So Dr. Doom is endless. I love that kind of comic book take on the continual battle with those kind of arch villains."

As much as Fantastic Four established the origin of Reed Richards, Ben Grimm and Sue and Johnny Storm into Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Girl and Human Torch respectively, it simultaneously chronicles Victor Von Doom's fall from billionaire investor to electric-powered madman.

"You know, with a name like Von Doom, you wonder how did he ever turn to the dark side?" McMahon laughed. Still, his portrayal is fairly light compared to the comic books. "Dr. Doom, had this lair set up in tents and things. He was very dastardly. He's a real flaunting guy, but the Victor that we have is kind of different. He's bigger and wealthier and it's kind of a different expanse. I'd like to get to that. I really like the sniveling kind of evil guy behind the curtain, so I'd like to see that at some point in time."

For the middle of the film, Victor is off in his own world dealing with his company's collapse and his growing super powers alone, while the Fantastic Four become celebrities. This isolation actually grew from the editing process.

"There were five or six pretty big scenes that didn't even end up in the movie that I had with all the other characters individually. And then on top of that, maybe three or four scenes that we had all together and they were taken out as well. So it didn't feel like that when we were shooting it, but watching the movie, it definitely feels kind of individualistic. But I kind of like that. He's kind of over in his building, stewing and trying to plot against them while they're trying to deal with their new powers and newfound fame."

After over a decade on long running television dramas and a soap opera, Julian McMahon has grown accustomed to some level of public recognition. But in the short time of Fantastic Four's release, he has not yet encountered the massive fan base of children that surely know his face, be it covered in a metal mask or not.

"Well, the movie only came out on Friday and I don't think I've been out since Friday."

Even with the media blitz preceding the film's release, McMahon kept too busy to notice a public reaction. "I really haven't been out much at all because in the last three-four weeks, I've been shooting my TV show and flying back and forth to New York every week to promote the movie. And so my time out in public has been very limited. What I'm trying to say is I haven't recognized anything yet but maybe that's just because I haven't been out and about."

If the reports he's are true, McMahon will have to get ready for an onslaught of kids. "Somebody said to me the other day, ‘Do you realize that in one day more people have seen you than have ever in the whole of your TV career?' Some pretty astounding figure. I was like, ‘Okay, that's kind of scary.'"
charming-net

[CENTER]'Young woman's' .

Scans:

srouce: EOJ,charming-net

[CENTER]TV Guide Adelaide .

Scan:

charming-net

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

WOW.. thanks for those scans..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey I'm back.. and first of all.. OMG thanks for all those scans... I just loooove the pics with Julian, Madison and Brooke.. how cute is that little girl... and Julian looks extremely handsome.. aaaah.... dropdead gorgeous, to be exactly.. white shirt, jeans, baseball cap...

Okay, aaand.. I was at the cinema today... woah, what a movie.. seeing Julian in such a huge format... that was....
He looks extremely gorgeous at the beginning... and well... loved how evil he was... made me kinda think of the Source sometimes.. lol .. but I loved it. It's important to watch this movie in the cinema because it's really cool with all those special effects and stuff...

Ahh.. loved it! Though I think it would have been better in english cause Julian's synchro voice kinda sucked... ... well, have to see the english version too.... to see if the dialoges are better... I'm sure they are because sometimes they seemed kinda flat.. but well, could've been the synchro...

Besides Julian, I loved Michael Chiklis.. I think he's great. Poor thing ... lol ...

Well, anyone who already watched the movie??
Old 07-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey... great you're back!!!

Quote:
Hey I'm back.. and first of all.. OMG thanks for all those scans... I just loooove the pics with Julian, Madison and Brooke.. how cute is that little girl... and Julian looks extremely handsome.. aaaah.... dropdead gorgeous, to be exactly.. white shirt, jeans, baseball cap...
He's not wearing anything special and he's just looking sooo goos.
I wish there would be more pics with him and Madison...

Quote:
Okay, aaand.. I was at the cinema today... woah, what a movie.. seeing Julian in such a huge format... that was....
He looks extremely gorgeous at the beginning... and well... loved how evil he was... made me kinda think of the Source sometimes.. lol .. but I loved it. It's important to watch this movie in the cinema because it's really cool with all those special effects and stuff...

Ahh.. loved it! Though I think it would have been better in english cause Julian's synchro voice kinda sucked... ... well, have to see the english version too.... to see if the dialoges are better... I'm sure they are because sometimes they seemed kinda flat.. but well, could've been the synchro...
I didn't had time to go to the cinema .. aaaargh.. I hope I will make it this week..
So he doesn't have his "N/P" and "CHarmed" voice in German??

hey Susi.. if you have some time, could you make an Avie for me with those blue interview pics of Julez??? I think they are some pages before...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, no I doesn't have his Cole/Christian voice in that movie. And it's really hard to follow the movie when you're distracted by such a horrible voice. No seriously. I mean okay, maybe they wanted to give him a "scarier" voice or something.. but I think the one he had as Cole/Source was pretty scary too... if you know what I mean. *sigh* well, I really have to watch that movie in english though unfortunately they don't play it in our english theater right now...

Sure I can make you an avatar but it might take some days because I'm sick. Yes, I caught the summer flu. Isn't that great? I'm just here to update my sites.
But as soon as I'm feeling better, I'll make you something.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

youre welcoem Susi

oh you are sick? get well soon dear

last night I was in the cinema .. unfortunately not in fantastic 4 but in madagascar.. but I saw the the movie is playing in our theatres .. now I only have to find soemone to go there with me .. which is pretty difficult cause no one likes Julian or jessica or the rest of the stuff .. lol

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to the cinema yesterday. I knew that a flu is might coming up but I went anyway! And now I'm having a fever and everything. Damn!
I had the same problem. I don't really know people who are Julian fans but thank god I found someone who was willing to watch that movie with me!

Madagascar? Aww, I'm sure it's cute. Wanna watch that too!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hey, no I doesn't have his Cole/Christian voice in that movie. And it's really hard to follow the movie when you're distracted by such a horrible voice. No seriously. I mean okay, maybe they wanted to give him a "scarier" voice or something.. but I think the one he had as Cole/Source was pretty scary too... if you know what I mean. *sigh* well, I really have to watch that movie in english though unfortunately they don't play it in our english theater right now...
I think Cole's voice was pretty scary enough... I hate it when they change the syncgro voices.. My friend and me we want to watch it in English.. I think that's better..

Quote:
Sure I can make you an avatar but it might take some days because I'm sick. Yes, I caught the summer flu. Isn't that great? I'm just here to update my sites.
But as soon as I'm feeling better, I'll make you something.
Thanks honey, but take your time.... It's better to look after your health first...
Gute Besserung (Keine Ahnung wie man das auf Englsich sagt, fällt mir auf die Schnelle jetzt nicht ein)

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure it is better to watch it in english. Hmm, I can't remember now if Jessica had the same voice like she had in Dark Angel.. *thinks* .. lol oh my, where was I.. too destracted because of Julian? Nah, no way huh?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
lol oh my, where was I.. too destracted because of Julian? Nah, no way huh?
I definetly believe what you're saying

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Closed Thread   Post New Thread