Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by deeta:
<STRONG>I don't know. But Charmed is still the show I don't intend to skip. It's still the one I'm waiting for the whole week. It's still the best show ever. It's still worth the fight between me and my brother to get to watch it and he has to go upstairs. It's still the show that leave me sigh in content. Charmed is still my favorite show.</STRONG>
For me, it's ANGEL. In fact, I'm ashamed of the fact that I had avoided both BUFFY and ANGEL for years, because I had erroneously believed that CHARMED was much better than the other two. Fortunately, I discovered that I was wrong.
JanineW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JanineW:
<STRONG>

For me, it's ANGEL. In fact, I'm ashamed of the fact that I had avoided both BUFFY and ANGEL for years, because I had erroneously believed that CHARMED was much better than the other two. Fortunately, I discovered that I was wrong.</STRONG>
i think charmed is heading toward a positive road. angel on the other hand, i totally gave up after connor went to another family and totally lost his memories and cordy becoming evil and sink into a coma. plus... i hate spike.
i refuse to give up on Chris! god i love him!
freakygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Just a word of caution:

When discussing the direction of the show, please remember to not post any actual spoilers or rumors. There's a thread at the Spoilers board for that purpose. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, carry on.

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard:
<STRONG>Yes, Charmed has lost its touch. I think the Cole 'good/bad/good/bad' ad infinitum was the death knell for it. I mean seriously, how many times can he continue to swap allegiances before it all becomes an absolute farce?

I do have to give Julian McMahon props for doing the best he could with the material he was given though. On any lesser actor it would have been laughable.

To be fair though, it happens to all shows eventually. The trick is to know when to end it all.</STRONG>
I'm not one of those who had any trouble with Cole's complex character. But then I'm not into one-dimensional characters like Leo. But Cole is one of the reasons why the show went downhill. In his haste to get rid of the character, Kern ended the Cole/the Source storyline in a tacky and ridiculous manner by having the sisters kill him without finding out that he was possessed. Then Kern made matters worse by having Cole become insane in Season 5. Pure *****.

But CHARMED's real problem are the Halliwell sisters. While their chemistry was fun during Season 1, their characters have failed to really develop. They're still adolescent, narrow-minded and one-dimensional after 5 1/2 years. Apparently, the only times that the show has ever really been interesting was when it focused on strong male supporting characters like Andy Trudeau, Cole Turner, and for this season, Chris. Unlike Sarah Michelle Gellar - Holly, Alyssa and Rose are not strong and talented enough to face off against actors like T.W. King, Julian McMahon and Drew Fuller, without being eclipsed. Maybe the Halliwells should become supporting characters, instead.
JanineW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, its kinda gone down hill this past season, alot of the eps seem to be fillers, and the whole thing with chris and how wyatt is bad in the future. who knows how the rest of the season will go.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I, like all of you, love "Charmed." I used to take off from work on Thursday evenings (as a chef), just to watch "Charmed." In the beginning, it was more about human sisters finding the way to learn, love, and trust each other, while being thrown into situations that tested their bond and saved innocents. I don't think the show was going down hill, after Prue died, I think it was before. It's not about the sisterhood anymore. It's about crazy story lines, that don't make sense.

Still, with the world of magic, anything can happen. It's fantasy, and fantasy doesn't make sense. It's still a place for us to escape, and besides that, I think we've all had a boyfriend we thought were demons and would like to just vanquish!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JanineW:
<STRONG>But CHARMED's real problem are the Halliwell sisters. While their chemistry was fun during Season 1, their characters have failed to really develop. They're still adolescent, narrow-minded and one-dimensional after 5 1/2 years. Apparently, the only times that the show has ever really been interesting was when it focused on strong male supporting characters like Andy Trudeau, Cole Turner, and for this season, Chris. Unlike Sarah Michelle Gellar - Holly, Alyssa and Rose are not strong and talented enough to face off against actors like T.W. King, Julian McMahon and Drew Fuller, without being eclipsed. Maybe the Halliwells should become supporting characters, instead.</STRONG>
I personally disagree with you here. Holly Marie Combs acts circles, hexagons, and rhombuses around Drew Fuller. Since Drew Fuller is new to the business, I won't really blame him, but the males are not the best actors on the show. Holly is, really. I do agree with you, however, that it is the writers' fault for the show's downfall. They have strayed so off-topic that they can't seem to even remember what the show was originally about. Now it's all about putting the actresses in skimpy, horrible outfits (not to mention those dreadful costumes), and exploiting them. Oh, yeah, maybe add in some rip-offs of old fairytales and myths, and some bad plot/subplotlines, and you've got yourself an episode of S4-6 Charmed.

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited Infernal Doll ]
Old 01-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

question? what is the MAIN plot? cause right now we are revolving around subplots...
Old 01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really thing Charmed is screwed up right now. I don't see where they are going with the show... uhh... and I hate Chris so much. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

i ROSWELL forever and ever
SleepingBeauty16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

This question always comes up for every show somewhere after the third or fourth season. I personally love the show now just as much as I did when I first started watching, if not more. I do miss Cole & Prue (kinda) but as those characters go (as they always do) we get a chance to know & love new characters. I love Paige, Wyatt, Chris & Pheobe's new bf (I can NEVER remember his name!) & I think considering how long the show has been going & all the storylines they've aready used, they are doing a great job.

Forever Queen of the CRO's!
QueenÇr@zÿBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by freakygirl:
<STRONG>question? what is the MAIN plot? cause right now we are revolving around subplots...</STRONG>
I'm considering the main plots...Chris, Wyatt and possibly Piper/Leo, but I fear it's the end of them. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
M & M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M & M:
<STRONG>

I'm considering the main plots...Chris, Wyatt and possibly Piper/Leo, but I fear it's the end of them. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
i hope they get into to it SOON! paige and phoebe should stop wearing skimpy clothes.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Absolute Fan

the magic is gone.
(pun only slightly intended)
Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
----
PETA
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Kaptain Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
In the beginning, it was more about human sisters finding the way to learn, love, and trust each other, while being thrown into situations that tested their bond and saved innocents. I don't think the show was going down hill, after Prue died, I think it was before. It's not about the sisterhood anymore. It's about crazy story lines, that don't make sense.
I have to agree with this that. And it seems like that won't happen anymore with Phoebe living halfway around the world and Paige who is living in the same town can't even show up for a vanquish. I know they don't need to do everything together but they need to be more connected. There should be a new supreme evil like another source maybe female to spice up the show because the whole Wyatt/Chris plot is really boring me. I am sure as an infant that Wyatt won't go evil but some years in the future so Chris doesn't really need to be around right now.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I feel the same. I still love the show and will watch it every week, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. Since Prue left it has definately lost something... Not that I don't like Paige, she's my fav Charmed One. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Whoever said that about the show not focussing on the sisterhood anymore, I think you're definately right. That was part of what made the show so addictive and interesting, and now it seems to be gone...

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited Slay Me Buffy ]