Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

"Crimes and Witch-Demeanors" Episode Discussion

charmed: Crimes and Witch-demeanors

Fresh | sunday | 8/7c

When Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) and Paige (Rose McGowan) are caught on tape using their powers, the Cleaners (guest-stars Kirk B.R. Woller and Darin Cooper), who prevent the exposure of magic, cover up the situation by implicating Darryl (Dorian Gregory) as a murderer and sending him to death row. The sisters call a council of Demons and Elders who oversee all magic to convince them that Darryl should be set free. Instead, the prosecutor, Barbas (guest star Billy Drago), turns the proceedings around and puts The Charmed Ones on trial for recklessly abusing their powers. Meanwhile, Leo (Brian Krause) and Chris (Drew Fuller) work together to help free the sisters and Darryl, but the outcome leaves Phoebe stripped of her powers.

Holly Marie Combs also stars. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by Henry Alonso Myers.

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Website Manager

What a good episode.

It was nice to see the cleaners again, though the explination for them getting rid of Prue seems a bit out there. As for happened with Prue, the cleaners seemingly weren't involved, which brought them into having to deal with Tempus and The Source to make things better.

It's too bad they didn't show Andy from Season 1, or any scenes with Prue, but I suppose there's reasons for that. For awhile there it really looked like Darryl was going to die. At the end it looked like Darryl may have remember what was going to happen to him as he seemed to have been in some kind of trance when his wife was calling to him. IMHO the cleaners could have cleaned up the situation without framing Darryl.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Phoebe without her powers. Wonderful. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Phoebe finally got what she deserved!

Although it was right to take the focus off of Chris and back to the sisters, Chris and Leo suffered from lame script writing.

Daryl is a part of the cast again. Which caught me by surprise--he hasn't been in the opening credits for the past couple episodes.

The whole episode seemed a little rushed. I felt like they just needed to fill the time slot with another "adventure" before the season finale.

Quotable:

Paige: Hey, don't look at me, I'm grumpy.

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Bob the Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie:
<STRONG>
It's too bad they didn't show Andy from Season 1, or any scenes with Prue, but I suppose there's reasons for that.</STRONG>
Quote:
from tvtome.com<STRONG>
Shannen Doherty apparently agreed to the usage of Flashback with her on ''Charmed'' as she will appear in "Crimes And Witch Demeanors" along with T.W. King. </STRONG>
Guess they were wrong.... disappointing.

I wonder if they just decided to not use the clip with Prue or if Shannen refused to give up the rights.

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited Bob the Jeep ]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

This episode didn't have much action. But I'm asuming they will make up for that in the next epi [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .

I wish they would have used some clips of Prue! Hello, she was a huge part of their past, and magic being reveiled led to her death!

Loved seeing Chris and Leo as always [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. But yes they did suffer from lame script writing [img]smilies/idea.gif[/img].

On a brighter side they did show Cole and they at least mentioned Prue and Andy. I give it a 6 out of 10 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I suppose Chris and Leo's lines weren't ALL bad. I think they did a good job of subtlely showing Leo not really listening to Chris. Because Chris was on the right track about the demon needing a partner and Leo was totally not even paying attention. It was a great scene.

But the rest were lame. "Look what you made me do." Hehe... it's like something out of an X-Men cartoon (which is not bad, just not appropiate for the Charmed genre).

I was a little surprised that Phoebe didn't give more of a reaction to seeing all those Cole memories. Also, what was Piper's motive for trying to free Darryl from jail? For a second I thought it was a demon pretending to be Piper, but when I learned it really was Piper, something still seemed ...off.

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the summary. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
rOsWeLlBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:58 AM
Website Manager

As for Darryl not being in the last few episodes, he's never really on there as much as the other characters, I'd say about half or less of the episodes he's on, at least he's still alive after all this time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Jeep:
<STRONG>Also, what was Piper's motive for trying to free Darryl from jail? For a second I thought it was a demon pretending to be Piper, but when I learned it really was Piper, something still seemed ...off.</STRONG>
They freed Prue from jail in "Wicca Envy" and Rex took a picture of it, not really too much of a difference since Darryl is a good friend.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know, I was kind of annoyed with this episode. It was a glorified clip show. You know the ones, they do it with those sitcoms all the time.

It didn't really seem to do much for the storylines that were already happening. I mean, Chris and Leo bickered- what else is new?

I do agree that Phoebe's been using magic too much for her personal reasons, though. She needed to be put into check, but her powers were always the least interesting of all of them, IMO, so not much loss there.

I don't know, not one of their best but it was still entertaining!!
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:26 PM
New Fan

Okay, I really didn't think this episode was one of the best, especially with all of the conflicting information from previous episodes to this one. Can the writers remain consistent?!?! Don't they remember what they write?!

With only a handful of episodes left... what do u think Giedeon is really up to? Chris says it's a demon that turns Wyatt... maybe Chris doesn't know for sure and he's just assuming it's a demon when it could be Giedeon's ply for the "Greater Good". [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
hnh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

not enough chris/leo scenes. need to develop more.

they forgot the guy that phoebe killed during hyde school reunion.

overall, i guess it was ok... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
freakygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
New Fan

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited Xiroteus ]
Xiroteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread