Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Interesting. And good to know. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Too bad I started watching Charmed late season three or I'd know all this.

Well, if Leo wasn't supposed to be an elder then it wouldn't be too hard to make him a whitelighter again. Which is bad news to us hoping that Chris will remain on the show.

Oh well. I still can't wait to see how the Chris/Wyatt situation plays itself out! I just hope these questions regarding why Leo wasn't around and such are answered....

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Bob the Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was wondering something else about Chris, and I guess it fits here more than anywhere else. On many occasions when there has been time travel, they have returned to the exact moment that they left. So, when Chris returns to the future, I would expect that he would return to the exact moment that he left. However, from Chris Crossed, we know that Wyatt finds out that Chris went to the past. How is that possible if Chris returned to the same time? Either he returns to a future point, which does not make sense, or he does not return to the future at all. It makes me wonder if Chris might die in the past.
kristine888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
How is that possible if Chris returned to the same time?
It could make sense. Chris goes back in time and lives in the past. That does not mean that life in the future suddenly stops. Life in the future continues as well. For as long as Chris is in the past, that's how long the people in the future have to mull over it.

Until Chris returns to his time, the same stretch of time will have passed in the future that has passed when he spent time in the past.

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think so. The past happens first, and the future is a result of that. I don't think those in the future would have any idea that someone had time traveled to the past unless they did not return. For instance, in Back to the Future II, no one immediately noticed that Biff had stolen the time machine and gone back to the past because he returned to the exact moment that he had left even though he had been gone for a while.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Shazam. I have no answer for you.

The only way I can keep it straight in my own head is to follow the sci fi accepted "temporal mechanics" law. Effect can precede cause (a reaction can be observed before the action which initiated it). Along with this theory, as is seen in Doctor Who and Star Trek again and again, time travel has paradoxes that make sense.

And that is enough for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

It sounds like you know what you are talking about alot better than me, so I'll go with your answer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Time travel is too confusing.

However, I have another idea. It seems that whenever something small is changed in the past, it can have large consequences in the future. What if by Chris saving Wyatt, it is Chris that becomes evil in the future and not Chris. That would be really interesting to see. I'd love to see Chris really evil.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Indeed! An insanely evil Chris would be fun.

Cole all over again.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kristine888:
<STRONG>It sounds like you know what you are talking about alot better than me, so I'll go with your answer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Time travel is too confusing.

However, I have another idea. It seems that whenever something small is changed in the past, it can have large consequences in the future. What if by Chris saving Wyatt, it is Chris that becomes evil in the future and not Chris. That would be really interesting to see. I'd love to see Chris really evil.</STRONG>
That's very well possible. Just by traveling back to the past things in the future could have already been affected. For all we know maybe he already changed enough so that Piper won't die. But there's no way of knowing until he goes back to the future!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, so maybe the reason Chris is mad at Leo has to do with his decision to date Bianca. It's very possible that Chris and Leo got into a fight over her. She was, after all, a trained assasin. If I was a parent, I'd have some issues with my son dating her, too. What do you think?

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Jeep:
<STRONG>Okay, so maybe the reason Chris is mad at Leo has to do with his decision to date Bianca. It's very possible that Chris and Leo got into a fight over her. She was, after all, a trained assasin. If I was a parent, I'd have some issues with my son dating her, too. What do you think?</STRONG>
That could be possible. Bianca would be a threat to the family.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Okay, so maybe the reason Chris is mad at Leo has to do with his decision to date Bianca. It's very possible that Chris and Leo got into a fight over her. She was, after all, a trained assasin. If I was a parent, I'd have some issues with my son dating her, too. What do you think?
I don't think that could be it because Chris made it seem that Leo wasn't there for him when he was growing up. He said that Victor took care of him after Piper died when he was fourteen, so unless him and Bianca started dating then I don't think that's why Chris is mad at Leo.
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think that Leo and Piper separated because of what happened in the episode where Kit came back. The demon that was after Kit stepped on that thing that goes on the top of the cake, and then Piper said something about a pain in her heart. I think that is what caused Piper and Leo to separate in What Chris sees as the future.

Also, we have seen through past episodes that the writers of Charmed do not care one way or the other about maintaining the mythology of their show, and that what happens in any given episode can be "forgotten" for the sake of the current plot.

If it is true that even a small change in the past can affect the future, then there should have been some changes already, because the girls went back to the 20s in one episode, and had no repercussions in the present, except that they found out that the little girl knew where the necklace was.

Then, when they went back and talked to their mom and had her take the spell off of the ring, that was the only thing that was affected in the present.

Finally, they went back to the 60s, just this season, and although they made changes which affected Grams in the present, nothing else was affected, despite the fact that all of the other people at the manor saw and interacted with the Charmed Ones, including Leo hitting on Paige.

Therefore, I think it is pretty safe to say that there is no way of telling what will happen, or what should have happened.

Also, any changes that Chris makes/made from the time he returned from the future should automatically change his memories, because they would have gone into effect before he came back in time, which would explain why Paige could be alive in the future after he saved her in "Oh My Goddess."

As for Phoebe's baby... There is still no proof that it will definitely happen. After all, Piper had a little girl in the future where Prue was still alive... And, just because Phoebe was [/i]pregnant[/i] in the vision does not mean that the baby lived long enough to be born. It is a little dark and depressing to think about, but anything is still possible.

About Paige and Richard... They are definitely broken up. Richard took the potion that stripped him of his powers, and they said that if Paige was around him, it would be too difficult for him, which is why they are no longer together.

What will happen with Leo is also still a mystery. Chris said he needed Leo to become an elder in order for Chris to become the girls' whitelighter, and that he hadn't thought it all through, so maybe it was because of this action that Leo was not around in the future, since, logically, the change should have affected the future from the second it happened. Then again, the writer's have taken liberties with just about every other aspect of the show, so I don't see why they can't change this, too.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hehe. Indeed. The writer's are not entirely consistent. But what the hell? It's fun to think about anyway.

I was a little confused at one thing you said, though. I missed the beginning episdoes of Charmed and am not familiar with the Kit reference and the thing about a pain in Piper's heart. What is that all about?

Could that forshadow that Piper dies of a heart problem 14 years in the future?

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Jeep:
<STRONG>I was a little confused at one thing you said, though. I missed the beginning episdoes of Charmed and am not familiar with the Kit reference and the thing about a pain in Piper's heart. What is that all about?
</STRONG>
When Charmed first started, there was a cat that had the triquetra on its collar. They called it Kit, and it was seen quite often throughout the early seasons on the show. Then, it just disappeared. (Before Paige showed up)

Then, they had the episode where Piper and Leo went to therapy, and Piper cast the spell to make her memories more "real". It turned out that her memories were actually occuring again, and, unfortunately, Paige and Phoebe were "trapped" in the memories.

Meanwhile, Kit was made human (which they explained is the reward for a witch's familiar when it has done its job well. It also allows the newly human familiar to train other familiars) and was being hunted by a warlock. Kit called Phoebe and told her to come to the manor, and to bring her sisters.

Since Piper was in the therapy session with Leo, Phoebe didn't want to bother her, and so she got Paioge and went back to the manor, where Kit (in human form) was waiting. The three of them (Phoebe, Paige and Kit) were attacked by the warlock, just as Piper was casting the spell.

Piper's spell sent Paige and Phoebe into Piper's memories, and Kit seems to have disappeared from the picture. (She appears as the cat in a few memories, but she does not appear as the human again until later.) And, it couldn't be that she could only be in the memories in one form, because Phoebe was in several of the memories (which were scenes from previous episodes), as well as an observer with Paige.

There was a flashback to Piper and Leo's wedding day, when Prue took off with the guy on a motorcycle, knocking over the table on which the wedding cake had been. The cake topper flew into another room and landed on the floor. The warlock that was after Kit (who had tried attacking the cat in previous memories) stepped on the cake topper, smashing it.

That was when they cut to Piper in the therapist's office. She gasped and clutched her chest. Leo asked her what was happening, and she said she didn't know what was happening, she just had a sudden pain in her heart.

During the episode, they showed a cabinet thing with glass doors, and on one of the shelves was a picture of Piper and Leo from their wedding, adn the cake topper. The cake topper slowly faded into nothingness.

It was also in this episode that Phoebe told Paige that the two of them were not allowed to interfere with the past, because it would change the present and future... (which is something that they have talked about a lot, but even when they change things, it has no affect on the present)

And, I agree that it is fun to think about all the different possibilities. I just wish that the show was a little more consistent.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Very well explained. I also agree that's why Leo and Piper broke up.