Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Charmed Mythology / Plot Discussion

This is a SPOILER FREE thread! Please do not give away what is really going to happen. This thread is for discussion of the current plot and character developments. Please DO NOT tell us if our predictions are right or wrong.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi! I'm very interested in Chris and his character development. Even though Charmed isn't known to focus on arc plots or stay consistent with their rules in the magic world, I've got some ideas I've been throwing around about Chris' character and his future and would like some feedback, some other ideas, etc.

I believe Phoebe had a son (with an unknown husband) since we saw that in her vision quest in "The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell". Thus the next generation of Charmed Ones that wield the power of three will be men, not women (which explains the reference to the power of three being used to vanquish the green glob thing in "Witchstock").

I think Wyatt will have either directly or indirectly caused the death of Piper, as well as Phoebe (Paige would have died when the Titans were released if Chris had not saved her in "Oh My Goodness"). With the death of the Charmed Ones, the new Charmed Ones (the men) come to power. But Wyatt is not content with his lowly status. He tries to convince his brother (Chris) and his cousin (Phoebe's son) to help him come to ultimate power. Chris refused and the rivarly between Chris and Wyatt begins. Chris and Bianca decide to send Chris back in time to prevent Wyatt from turning evil (as seen in "Chriss-crossed"). I have yet to decide whether Phoebe's son joined with Wyatt, died, or remained nuetral.

I also think that Leo disowned Chris. After Piper died (which I believe was by the hand of Wyatt unbeknowest to Leo), Leo invested all his support in making sure Wyatt, the destined-for-greatness son would live up to his calling. Chris, however, tries to warn his dad, the full-time elder, about how dangerous Wyatt has become with his power. Leo thinks Chris is simply jealous since Chris has always been a little jealous of his big brother. Chris will try to do something proactive to stop Wyatt and Leo will disown him because of it.

This explains the tension between Chris and Leo, as well as why Chris put Leo in Valhalley. Chris knew what Leo's initial reaction would be if Chris voiced his concerns. Chris also knew that Leo would be watching him very closely, so he got Leo out of the way.

And I hope his last name is revealed. Hehe. The IMDb says his last name is Perry, thewb.com says it's Peterson, and logically, it should be Halliwell.

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited Bob the Jeep ]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Bob the Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

See my theory is this:

Wyatt turns evil after Piper dies. Leo must be devastated and leaves to mourn, intent on coming back. Without his parents there Wyatt is more susciptible of becoming evil.

I think Phoebe and Paige are still alive at this point, but when Wyatt turns they die. After hearing this Leo is devastated and blames himself for not being there, which causes him to stay away. (He's too overcome with grief, especially when he learns about what happened to Wyatt)

At this point I think that Phoebe's child is still alive. Him/Her and Chris might try to bring back Wyatt but when that doesn't work that's when Chris and Bianca formulate the plan to send Chris to the past.

I haven't seen all the episodes last season so I might be missing some things, but that's my theory.

ETA: I don't think Wyatt had anything to do with Piper's death. I actually think that it played a factor in Wyatt turning evil.

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited Liliya ]
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

i think perry is chris's middle name, it fits with the P thing & when you can't say your real last name you tend to go with your middle name.
i agree, i think wyatt was not involved with piper's death but it did help turn him - magic probably killed her hence him wanting to control it or whatever. i have no idea about phoebe's kid, you have to wonder why she hasn't been pestering chris about it - and also how she assumes she'll be married - i personally think the kid will be a one-night stand.
i think leo wasn't there for chris because he was too busy for him, with his elder duties & keeping wyatt in line because i think he'll be a terror kid while chris would be more, well like piper, the good sensible one. then after piper's death and wyatt turning, he's too concerned with that.
i also think that chris is short for christian not christopher, because it's more unusal. - i think they'll meet someone with this name soon who helps them out & hence naming their son after him.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree that Chris' name is short for Christian - that seems the most logical.

The thing that confuses me is that when Chris first comes back from the future he saves Paige from being killed by the Titans. So Paige is supposed to be dead and can't be alive in his future.

BUT then he also says that it took the power of three to kill the green globby thing. So it couldn't have been Paige, Phoebe, and Piper that vanquished it because Paige died before Chris was born. That's why I think the next generation of Charmed Ones is all guys.

(Of course, Chris is not always telling us the truth - damn unreliable narrarators).

As for your guys' opinions of Wyatt turning evil because of something happening to Piper I am forced to agree that that is most plausible. It fits with the characterizations and the way Charmed is written. BUT on the other hand if Piper's death turned Wyatt, wouldn't Chris know that? Wouldn't he then try to prevent his mother's death? Chris seems to think it happens when he is a baby...that would rule out Piper's death causing him to turn.

I also think that Piper's death isn't demonic. I think it's something like cancer -- otherwise Chris wouldn't be so shaken in Hyde School Reunion. He'd know that he could stop it. I mean, hell, he's changed everything else, why not this? (If he could stop an angel of death from taking Paige's life in Oh My Goodness, he should be able to stop an angel of death from taking Pipers, unless Piper's death isn't demonic.)

I am just a sadistic and like things to be super depressing....

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Bob the Jeep ]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 03-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Great idea for a thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
I also think that Piper's death isn't demonic. I think it's something like cancer -- otherwise Chris wouldn't be so shaken in Hyde School Reunion.
I was thinking that too. I was trying to explain this to someone the other day and they didn't believe me. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
M & M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also think that Piper's death isn't demonic. I think it's something like cancer -- otherwise Chris wouldn't be so shaken in Hyde School Reunion.
That's what I thought too, but then why wouldn't Chris tell Piper how she dies if there's nothing they can do anything about it anyway?

Also by the way Chris acts, I get the impression that Piper's death is somehow demonic related. Like in Hyde School Reunion Chris was worried that the demons that were after him might hurt Piper, and that's probably concern for his mother, but it also might have brought back memories of how Piper died.

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Liliya ]
Old 03-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliya:
<STRONG>
That's what I thought too, but then why wouldn't Chris tell Piper how she dies if there's nothing they can do anything about it anyway?
</STRONG>
Chris said that he didn't want to change the future in even worse ways. Maybe he thought if he told her she had an incurable disease of somesort that she would fall into a deep depression and not live life to the fullest. Although, it's possible he does want to stop her death, but telling her how it happens will interfere with his plan somehow. I'm very much undecided on this point. Hehehe.

Quote:
<STRONG>
Also by the way Chris acts, I get the impression that Piper's death is somehow demonic related. Like in Hyde School Reunion Chris was worried that the demons that were after him might hurt Piper, and that's probably concern for his mother, but it also might have brought back memories of how Piper died.
</STRONG>
That's an interesting observation. I have been looking at that moment as a stylistic tool on the writer's part for the sole purpose of revealing the information of her death to Piper.

Meh. I hope they answer some of these questions... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I'd love to hear what Chris has to say about why he put Leo in Valhalley.

And as a side note, off the topic of Chris. Did Paige and Richard break up? I seem to be the only person who misinterpreted that scene in I Dream of Phoebe (but then I was more cncerned with Chris' development). I've been trying to find a transcript to reread what was said between the two of them, but I can't find a site that is the Charmed equivalent to Roswell's Crashdown.com.

( and thecharmedones.com is rejected by my browser [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Bob the Jeep ]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Chris said that he didn't want to change the future in even worse ways. Maybe he thought if he told her she had an incurable disease of somesort that she would fall into a deep depression and not live life to the fullest. Although, it's possible he does want to stop her death, but telling her how it happens will interfere with his plan somehow. I'm very much undecided on this point. Hehehe.
That's true, but like Piper said by Chris just being there he might have already changed the future. We'll just have to see how everything plays out on screen. There are so many possibilities with this storyline, it's going to be interesting to see everything play out.

Quote:
And I'd love to hear what Chris has to say about why he put Leo in Valhalley.
I'd also like to know why he did that. I mean if he didn't send Leo to Valhalley he wouldn't have had to worry about being concieved.

I think that Richard and Paige broke up, but that sucks because I really liked them together.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think maybe Piper dies trying to save one or both of her sons. I don't thing Piper's death has anything to do with Wyatt turning, because Chris doesn't seem to know when it happens, but he knows when Piper dies. I also think that Leo leaves long before Piper dies, and maybe Chris is mad that Leo wasn't around to save her. Of course, Chris couldn't be mad that Leo left to be an elder, because when he first came back, he helped Leo become an elder and even refered to it as "something wonderful' happening to Leo, or something to that effect.

Maybe since Leo leaves, and Piper dies when Chris is 14, he is raised by someone else and their name is Perry.

I like the idea that Wyatt, Chris and Phoebe's son are a new, male power of three.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Mrs. P ]
Mrs. P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also think that Leo leaves long before Piper dies, and maybe Chris is mad that Leo wasn't around to save her. Of course, Chris couldn't be mad that Leo left to be an elder, because when he first came back, he helped Leo become an elder and even refered to it as "something wonderful' happening to Leo, or something to that effect.
I think that Leo leaves after Piper dies, and therefore is not there for Chris and that's why he's angry at him.

Also I think they mentioned on the show that Chris was responsible for Leo becoming because he wante dhim out of the way for something? I'm not sure but there's something that didn't make sense of Leo becoming an elder and I think that's it.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
Also I think they mentioned on the show that Chris was responsible for Leo becoming because he wante dhim out of the way for something? I'm not sure but there's something that didn't make sense of Leo becoming an elder and I think that's it.</STRONG>
I'm also very undecided about this aspect. I don't understand why Chris manipulated Leo like he did. I get the feeling that Chris is extremely mad at Leo for some reason...but his actions toward Leo don't make sense. I hope it is explained in "Spin City."

I do get the feeling that Leo became an elder when Chris was growing up. Chris told Leo that "his father wasn't around much" when Leo was writing him that apology letter.

And I think after Piper died, Chris went to live with his grandpa. So I still don't know where the name Peterson fits in. I think Perry is his middle name.

I can't wait for new episodes!

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I also agree that leo would leave after piper dies. But I can't see leo leaving his sons even if piper dies. Well he's my theory-
I have faith that leo will not stay an elder. When baby Chris is born future Chris will probably have to leave [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . But if he leaves that means the girls won't have a whitelighter anymore, so this is when I think Leo will be allowed to leave as an elder and become their whitelighter again. As far as how Piper dies, I can't decide. But I am sure that Leo and Piper will get back together sooner or later so Leo has to be around in Chris's life for awhile at least.
Maybe Piper is killed by a demon and Leo couldn't get to her in time and heal her. Then he would feel guilty and leave. I just can't see Leo leaving any other way, he loves his sons to much [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 04-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Leo became how he was in that alternate world after Pru died. Remember how he just didn't care anymore? I think he must have been like that after Piper died, but probably even worse since this was Piper! That explains why he wasn't around for Wyatt or Chris.

I don't think Leo was an elder in Chris's past since Leo was told that this was not originally his destiny.

I think either Leo was not able to heal Piper (she died instantly or it was self inflicted) or he was not able to get to her quick enough to heal her. Maybe he was with Wyatt when Piper died, and he blamed himself for not being able to heal Piper.
kristine888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kristine888:
<STRONG>
I don't think Leo was an elder in Chris's past since Leo was told that this was not originally his destiny.
</STRONG>
Hmm... that is interesting. BUT if Piper dies when Chris turns 14, then Chris would have had Leo as a dad for most of his childhood. It seems to me that he indicated Leo wasn't around much throughout his entire life. So if Leo wasn't an elder, what else could have accounted for his not being there?

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Bob the Jeep ]

Roswell High |Seldomtold
Old 04-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe they were divorced.

In the original future (when Piper and Leo's child was a girl, and Pru was alive), they were divorced. So, maybe Piper and Leo did divorce in Chris's future. Paige's death, and the loss of the power of three again could have put such a tremendous strain on their marriage that they divorced. The remarks about Leo not being around for Chris could be the resentment he felt about Leo not living with them. And that could explain why Leo would not be around quick enough to save Piper, which could cause more resentment.
kristine888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread