Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

"A Call to Arms" Episode Discussion (Sep. 12th)

September 12: "A Call to Arms" - Season premiere

Written by Brad Kern, directed by James L. Conway.

Guest starring Nick Lachey as Leslie St. Claire, Billy Drago as Barbas, Betsy Randle as Mrs. Winterbourne, and Jenya Lano as Inspector Sheridan.

An enraged Leo wants to kill Barbas because he helped Gideon. Barbas tries to have Leo think that all good guys aren't who they seem to be including an Elder named Zola. The latter goes to the manor to warn the girls that Leo just tried to kill him. He tells the girls that if Leo's obsession of wanting Barbas to pay isn't stopped, the Elders will have to take care of Leo themselves and have him restart the circle of life. Piper, Leo, Baby Chris, and Phoebe attend a wedding. Barbas enrolls other demons to help him go after the baby so Leo wants revenge once again and make a fatal mistake and leave the Charmed Ones without protection. Paige learns that Magic School is closing. Inspector Sheridan and Darryl, Elise and Wyatt also appear. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Description From The WB...

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Episode/0...||1996,00.html

charmed: A Call to Arms

Season Premiere | sunday | 8/7c

Reeling from the loss of their future son Chris, an overprotective Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Barbas (guest star Bill Drago)-obsessed Leo (Brian Krause) are forced by Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) and Paige (Rose McGowan) to attend a Hindu wedding, where they inadvertently receive the powers of the Hindu's Ultimate Lovers, Shakti, the Goddess of Creation and her lover, Shiva, the God of Destruction. In order to save the universe from destruction, Phoebe and Paige must keep Leo and Piper from consummating their love. Meanwhile, Leo's obsession with vanquishing Barbas clouds his judgement, and a disembodied creature tricks him into killing an Elder. Feeling out of sorts, Phoebe decides to take a sabbatical from her advice column and is shocked to learn that her replacement is a guy, Leslie "Les" St. Claire (guest star Nick Lachey), whom she is attracted to due to the spell on Piper and Leo. Paige, upset over the Magic School closing, decides to fight to keep it open.

Dorian Gregory also stars. James L. Conway directed the episode written by Brad Kern.

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Niiiiiiiiiiiice season opener wasnt the least bit dissapointed, even though i missed the first few minutes and when i went back to watch it the person who taped it for me wasnt taping Charmed she happened to be taping Duece Bigalow

The whole thing was pretty cool, I loved the small Piper/Leo action and the whole Phoebe Leslie thing I dont know people asked me what i thought about Nick Lachey joining the cast I told them I dont know until I see him in action and the verdict after watching him tonight is still "I dont know". I guess that the whole thing about Phoebe is getting on my nerves. I'm trying to figure out when Charmed became the Phoebe show, dont get me wrong I love Phoebe but there are other people on this show ya know!

Anyway still a bit creeped out about that being that was messing with Barbas and Leo, but I guess that we'll find out sometime later. Oh PS: THEY KILLED UNCLE PHILLL!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermoine_Granger
Oh PS: THEY KILLED UNCLE PHILLL!
I was pissed about that too! I loved watching the Fresh Prince, and Uncle Phil ruled. I'm so sad he died

I enjoyed it alot. Piper using all her arms to kill those demons ruled so bad. I've watched that scene like 4 times now

Lachey sucked. I can't wait until he gets off the show, and stops sucking promo time from everyone else. Advertising his apperance on the show during the show?!?! Lame!

The Barbus hand thing was cool, and his vanquish looked really good, too.

Piper's other hands didn't look too bad (save for a couple of shots), and Leo's potency comment was squicky. I'm a Leo/Piper shipper, but I didn't quite need to hear that

The best premiere after the first and fourth season's ones IMO.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

All I could see until now was the Intro and I have to say it's a lot better than the one of the 6th season, I didn't like that, but thenew one is really gorgeous!!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I missed but hopefully I can catch it on TNT tomorrow night.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Pretty good episode. Just a few thoughts:

-The floating head was interesting. It's nice to see that they're setting up some arc-y stuff for this season already.

-Loved seeing James Avery/Uncle Phil. I just wish Leo had chosen another Elder to kill. Most of the Elders are pretty forgettable, but I would have kind of liked Zola to stick around longer to fill the occasional "stern Elder" role.

-Nick Lachey was okay, but his scenes with Phoebe were pretty forgettable (or would have been if they hadn't been endlessly promoted beforehand).

-Speaking of promos, did The WB really have to stick one in the middle of the episode to assure us that Nick would be appearing soon?

-Barbas's plotline was actually interesting, and his vanquish was nicely done, although I doubt he's gone for good.

-Next week's episode looks, uh... different.
that a broken heart is blind
~*Echo*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

-When Inspector Sheridan (I think that her name) was grilling Pheobe about the sisters staying close to the house for the last two months. She like "are you hiding from me?" Hiding from her...of course not. They just have a newborn to care for and suffered a lost might have cross her mind. But of course she has to make it all about her. I don't like her already, she wasn't onscreen long but she looks like she has a big ego. She really doesn't have to be so forceful and rude to find out about Chris. I loved how Leo threw her into the wall and then lighting bolted out. I'm guessing that she ends up dieing to stop her investigation or being some evil to defeat in later episodes.

-They killed Uncle Phil, couldn't they have gotten another Elder to kill and kept him around.

-Piper protecting Chris from all those demons and Barbus was great. I guess there is truth to that old saying; never come between a mother and her child. It was sweet how she was comforting him after the attack, it was obivous how much Piper loves her son. It would be nice to see Leo hold Chris and see that his son is still with him.

-I guess the floating head is the new big bad to beat for this season. He was kinda creepy even if I only saw him for a few seconds. BuI have to admit it looked like a cool evil thing....just creepy.

-Alyssa and Nick had no chemesitry, Jessica has nothing to worry about. Oh I'm so glad he is only on for a few episodes.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

I havent finished downloading it yet... so BBL
Old 09-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

yay .. i just saw the episode.. i have to say it was ok.. not the "i see fireworks all around cause it was so good" kind of thing but the opener was ok

i loved seeing piper with 6 arms and she really ruled fighting with those arms against demons

about uncle phil.. i was just so surprised to finally see a memorable face on the show and i was so pissed of he was killed i mean .. i remember no elders except gideon.. and uncle phil i would have remebered...

the charmed ones are looking great.. especially phoebe

and i dont think its become the phoebe show .. i think they showed pretty much all chamred ones in a good way.. i mean Paige was built up with this magical school thing .. piper case she was shiva and phoebe cause of her work.. every girl got her part on the show

i like nick lachey on the show.. he is sooooooo hot and i do think He and alyssa do have chemistry.. not the "i´m sure they will marry someday" kind of chemistry .. but still pretty cool to watch it on the show

and i soooooo loved the kiss

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Well I just watched it and while it's not the best ever, it wasn't the worst either.

Thank God Alyssa is growing her hair out again, I hate seeing that nasty tattoo on her neck. I hope it looks more like it does in the credits instead of how it was styled in the episode. Phoebe didn't bother me that much with the exception of making out with Les in the office, why is it okay for her to be a tramp at the office and get away with it? I mean she did Jason in the office too and never got in trouble. Les I'm sure is next.

Looks like they're still playing "hide the belly" with Holly Marie. I thought the pants she wore at the end were very unflattering. It's great to see her all mother-ly though. I enjoyed that.

I adore Rose and her hair looked so pretty. I like Paige going for more in the Magic School even if I think it's a little too Harry Potter-ish. It's nice to see her have goals.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hmmm... They're still not dropping the magic school thing. I'm kinda sick of it.

Yay for alyssa's hair, she's growing them out.

Wasnt an exciting season premier like i expected but it wasnt too bad.

Lastly, Nick Lachey cannot act. (he was horrible at his first line)
freakygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Like many people, I don't think we'll see the last of Barbas. He's like the guest who got invited to a party and now won't leave.

It would be interesting to see what Leo's anger would lead to. I'm afraid that the powers-that-be have him turning evil, like a lot of guys on the show. Rose was spunky as usual with what she was given.

The episode was on par with what I'm expecting this season. I'll leave it to you to interpret that.

Here comes the gallery:

http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...01_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...02_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...03_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...04_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...05_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...06_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...07_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...08_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...09_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...10_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...11_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...12_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...13_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...14_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...15_2x3_240.jpg
http://i.cnn.net/v5cache/THEWB/Image...16_2x3_240.jpg

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Alrighty, I'm a bit late because I was out of town, so I had to TiVo the premire.

I actually really enjoyed it. I thought that they mixed in Leo's darkness so well, and may i just say that Brian looks *GOOD* this season. Not that he looked bad other seasons, but this dark side really agrees with him

Piper and Leo *sigh* What can I say? *SO* getting back together, it's not even funny. However I didn't quite get until I saw the re-run on TNT last night, that she didn't tell Paige or Phoebe that Leo killed another elder. She said to him "No one else has to know about this." When she was cradling him in her arms (insert *aww*) I wonder how long she'll be able to keep it from her sisters, and how it's going to effect their relationship.

I love Phoebe to death, but Nick Lachey...I dunno, I wasn't diggin' him too much. I think Phoebe needs to have a period where she's not attatched to a man. Or, at least not a corny man. Lol.

I like Paige's storyline with Magic School, and seeing how that is going to progress. And Rose being tan this season just made me laugh. She's been *SO WHITE* every other season, and actually seeing her tan was kinda fun. It suits her.

Lovin' the Hair - on all the girls. And that will be my main girly comment lol.

Baby Chris *squeeze* I want to keep him in my pocket...actually, little Wyatt has always been the cuuuuutest kid on TV (er, Kids, since he is played by twins) but my goodness those boys are adorable. Whenever they came on screen I'd just go "awww I want one." lol - in a few years, maybe.

Piper. Bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase "Multi-tasking" Damn, kid.

Thats my 2 cents for now

*Daphne

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I was a little dissapointed with the premiere. Whenever they were showing promos for the show they always mentioned Nick Lachey and how he was going to be on, and he ended up being on for only a few minutes and that kinda annoyed me.

As for Paige, i could totally see her direction going with the Magic School.

I love that htey are making it so that Piper and Leo get back together, i loved the show when they were back together and Leo was not an elder. It was much better, and you know they have always loved each other and there is so much chemistry between the two actors.

Pheobe is looking good. I hope that Nick is on the show a lot longer, just how Cole was suppose to be a character on the show for only a few episodes and ended up being there for at least a season and 1/2, i think that would be great... he seems to fit in well, but i only saw him for a few minutes