Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

This is exciting
For me personally, I would like a greenish color theme like this

As for the banner, maybe include more characters? Like Darryl and Cole?

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't think Cole should be up there but I'm fine with Darryl since he was there most of the run and only missed the last season.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The characters that are MUST's are: Phoebe, Piper, Prue, Paige & Leo! Most important characters of the series.

EXTRAS': Daryl... in every season outside of the last one and only because of unexpected season 8. Cole can be an yes or a no... he was important for the show and was one of the biggest characters. Series regular for 3 seasons [although half of season 5]... so no issue if he's up there but not a deal breaker if he's not.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

For me (as a fan, not a poster as I'm terrible at stopping by here unless I'm assigned here) I think Darryl is important to the show. He was a huge part of it & S8 can just be ignored for many reasons & shows the human/cop element of the show imo. Not just the magical side of things. Cole is the only other main who had longevity & is loved but I don't know about him either. But it would represent the demon world as well as more of the love interest world. I don't know, I'd almost question if you're including him why not some of the others who were mains? But really anyone else only was a main for one season (E.G. Chris, Andy, Billie)... Personally I'd rather see characters like Penny, Grams, Wyatt, & Chris than Andy or Billie. Anyway that's my two cents, but I shouldn't really get a vote unless I start posting here again

What seasons are you thinking for pictures? I know there's some pictures here & here from most of the seasons. But also found these: Phoebe, Piper, Prue... can't find a gallery for Rose or Brian (but not really surprised by that either)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I only suggested Cole cause he was on for at least two seasons (2.5 specifically) but either way, will be ok with me.

(the other like Billie and Chris were there for one season)
Grams and Patty were recurring

this has Brian pics: https://dvdbash.com/2012/02/10/charm...on-other-guys/

and Rose: https://dvdbash.com/2013/03/15/charm...ige-halliwell/

Old 07-16-2020, 01:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm personally against Cole being up there since he was against them, lied to them, and tried to kill them a lot. I also don't think just being around for two and a half seasons is enough either but it's mostly cause of the former. Still cool with Darryl being up there, same with Leo outside of the sisters. I feel they should be the possible two up there besides the sisters IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by never broken (View Post)
This is exciting
For me personally, I would like a greenish color theme like this

As for the banner, maybe include more characters? Like Darryl and Cole?
Green color shift could be a nice change!

Also, I'm with others. Pass on Cole. His appearance on the show was not has long and his character is pretty polarizing. also started a downfall for the show and Phoebe's character.

I do like the idea of including Darryl because he was in 7 seasons, a great character, and he definitely deserved better. Lol

Looking at the current banner...yeah, having the girls about equal and the boys background would be nice. Possibly with Darryl on Prue's side just because the Andy connection?
Old 07-17-2020, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
Looking at the current banner...yeah, having the girls about equal and the boys background would be nice. Possibly with Darryl on Prue's side just because the Andy connection?
I'd like that.
the girls are in the same size with the guys behind them
(Darryl behind Prue and Leo behind Piper)

Old 07-20-2020, 02:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Have you decided which seasons you'd like to use pictures from or any specific pictures you'd prefer us to use? Or are you happy for the team to just use whatever pics they want?

I think right now you've got S2 for Prue & S4 for Piper, Phoebe, & Paige. Not sure if you want to stick with those or go with something different? There's lots of choices for Piper, Phoebe, & even Paige. Then a few choices in S1 & S2 for Prue. This seems to be the only usable option for Darryl. Then Leo has S4 (which you've got now) or S8. It surprises me how few promotional pics there are for the boys

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-20-2020, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

whatever works for you guys is okay for me though preferably I would like to see something different from the last banner

would it be possible to use a group pic instead just add Prue or Paige to it? I know that could be harder though.

probably the only thing that is a NO for me is Alyssa's promo pics in S6 (the one with the really short hair)

Old 07-20-2020, 02:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We normally don't use group pictures. Then since its just their heads I don't know that you'd really tell that it was one

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Do you have a preference for Paige's hair colour?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-25-2020, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Not really. I like her hair throughout.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

We have now finished making all the graphics and the Graphics Team are going to vote on a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours and graphic have been set up - then we will re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thank you everyone,
Kate.
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread