Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Awesome...Phantom Planet, I LOVE their music!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Total Fan

Brittany Snow is in the lastest Seventeen. (The one with Ashlee Simpson on the cover.) The editor of Seventeen will be guest staring as the editor of Seveteen.

Interviews with Brittany, Will, Rachel and Arlen.

Brittany
Will
Rachel
Arlen

I said to him, "You seem like you didn't miss a beat."
He looked at me and said, "I've missed so many beats, I've made a rhythm."

Last edited by Miya-chan; 10-18-2004 at 01:01 AM
Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Rachel gave some spoilers there, she gave some interesting things away. She also continued to call JJ Beth's fiancee.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Miya-chan -thanks fr binging those over, I should be getting my 17 soon.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

oops double post
Old 10-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Baseball, 'Housewives' Crush Sunday Competition
(Sunday, October 17 11:54 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Sunday, Oct. 17, 2004.
CBS started strong, but faltered late with a dud of a Sunday movie. ABC began the evening flat, but also had the night's most watched show. Still, it was FOX, with a thrilling extra-inning baseball playoff game between the Red Sox and Yankees (and the end of the National League game), that managed to grab first place for Sunday night.

Overall, FOX averaged a 9.0 rating/14 share, though all ratings are based on time period data and can be expected to change dramatically when the final reports are in. CBS was a close second with an 8.7/13, though ABC averaged more viewers to go with an 8.4/13. NBC was well back in fourth with a 6.5/10 and The WB did a 1.9/3 to trail.

Among adults 18-49, though, ABC grabbed the top spot, doing a 5.7 rating in the key demographic, beating FOX's 5.3 rating. CBS was third with a 3.4 rating as NBC stayed fourth with a 3.2 rating. The WB did a 1.3 rating.
CBS won the 7 p.m. hour with the 11.3/19 for "60 Minutes." Second went to FOX, which got an 8.1/14 from the end of the Astros-Cardinals playoff game and a Sunday sports recap show. "Dateline NBC" was third with a 5.1/9, leaving ABC in fourth with "America's Funniest Home Videos." On The WB, "Steve Harvey's Big Time" was fifth.

"Cold Case" did a 10.9/17 to give CBS the 8 p.m. win, though FOX's baseball (9.2/14) and ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (8.6/13) both easily beat the forensic drama in the key demographics. Each of the top three networks double up NBC's "American Dreams." "Charmed" gave The WB its best hour of the night with a 2.9/4.

At 9 p.m. "Desperate Housewives" continued its early season momentum with a 12.8/18 and the night's highest 18-49 ratings. FOX's baseball was steady with a 9.8/14. On NBC, a stunt episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" allowed viewers to choose the ending and did a 7.0/10 in its first half-hour and exploded to an 8.9/13 in its second. Going in the other direction was CBS' Rob Lowe telefilm "Perfect Strangers," which did an 8.8/13 in its first half-hour and then the botton dropped out, leaving it with a 5.5/8 in its second 30 minutes. On The WB, "Jack & Bobby" reached its lowest ratings of the young season.

NBC closed the night in first with the 8.5/13 for "Crossing Jordan." ABC's "Boston Legal" continued its slow decline, doing a 7.6/12. CBS' movie barely registered.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:34 AM
Extreme Fan

The ratings are still not very good. I hope we get a full season at least.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone watching the episode wear Meg & Chris break into school notice anything? Like Meg's full name??????????

I always assumed it was Megan but I think it's Margaret. Meg can be short for Magaret - one just assumes it's Megan.

If you think about it, the Nuns call her "Miss Pryor" and her family and friends (even those on Bandstand) all call her Meg. Just a food for thought.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

I noticed that they said Margaret...I don't know why, but when he said it, it just sounded so funny. I guess I had assumed it was Megan too.

icon: autumnღfairytale
Old 10-23-2004, 06:46 PM
New Fan

Actually, Megan is a pet name for Margaret. I think it's Welsh. Peggy is a nick for Margaret too.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm pretty sure that Meg has been called Margaret before. Does anyone remember the episode? Was it one of the teachers that called her by her full first name? Megan wouldn't have been very common name back then, especially for a Catholic family.

I don't really enjoy the comparisons between JFK and Kerry, since they really aren't very similar. JFK was supported by the Catholic Church and Catholic voters, verses Kerry who is not even a practicing Catholic. Kerry doesn't support any Catholic issues or follow Catholic guidelines. I also don't like that they keep comparing Vietnam to the War on Terror. The US was not attacked prior to the Vietnam War and many Americans support the War on Terror as well as the troops, verses during Vietnam when most of America didn't support the War or the troops. Why the producer feels it necessary to make such false and misleading comparisons I don't know. It seems like he is just trying to make it seem more relatable to today. While, most people I know who watch, enjoy watching because of the nostalgia verses how it is similar to today.

Last edited by Wildecatt; 10-27-2004 at 07:59 PM
Old 10-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, I actually didn't even think about that...I also just assumed that it was Megan, even though I've never heard anyone call her that before. Just Meg.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by .one.ray.of.sunlight.
The ratings are still not very good. I hope we get a full season at least.
I think it's the same in australia too the show got moved to sunday afternoons :\ it used to be on friday nights.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildecatt
I'm pretty sure that Meg has been called Margaret before. Does anyone remember the episode? Was it one of the teachers that called her by her full first name? Megan wouldn't have been very common name back then, especially for a Catholic family.

I don't really enjoy the comparisons between JFK and Kerry, since they really aren't very similar. JFK was supported by the Catholic Church and Catholic voters, verses Kerry who is not even a practicing Catholic. Kerry doesn't support any Catholic issues or follow Catholic guidelines. I also don't like that they keep comparing Vietnam to the War on Terror. The US was not attacked prior to the Vietnam War and many Americans support the War on Terror as well as the troops, verses during Vietnam when most of America didn't support the War or the troops. Why the producer feels it necessary to make such false and misleading comparisons I don't know. It seems like he is just trying to make it seem more relatable to today. While, most people I know who watch, enjoy watching because of the nostalgia verses how it is similar to today.

I don't think the producers are making any false or misleading comparisons.
In JFK's time abortion wasn't an issue because it was illegal, so that is the only Catholic issue that John Kerry might disagree with and even that he says he is personally against it, but supports a woman's right to chose. That is my viewpoint also.

As for the war comparison, Viet Nam and the war in Iraq are what the producers are comparing, not the war on terror. Many people feel that the reasons for being in Iraq are just as duplicitous as the reasons that sent our troops into Viet Nam. Many of those who protested against Viet Nam feel that they were lied to by the government, and we all know that Bush has lied to us about his reasons for going into Iraq.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:16 PM
New Fan

Hi!

Daphne Zuniga was on the show yesterday (November 7th) ? Because I worked yesterday.

thanks

martin