Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

The *DEFINITIVE* way to Save American Dreams- NEW

OK everyone- now is the time where we really need to band together!!! I received an email from Jonathan Prince and he told me there is still GREAT HOPE for American Dreams. All of our postcards have been received by NBC and by the advertisers. BUT- the decision to renew still has not been made... so here's what we need to do:

After the season finale airs this Wednesday night, we need to BOMBARD NBC with positive and pleading emails. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL BEFORE THE END OF THE SHOW ON WEDNESDAY. What we want to accomplish is an obvious and cohesive show of support. Between Wednesday night March 30th at 9 pm, and Thursday March 31st at 5 pm, write to:

AmericanDreams@nbcuni.com In the Subject Line, you MUST write: "SAVE OUR SHOW."

Remember, do not email this address before the show airs on Wednesday.

I have not always been supportive of writing emails to this address in the past, because I did not know if it was being closely monitored. But I have definite confirmation that NBC will be watching this Wednesday and Thursday. Write to this email address only!

Everyone's subject line should be the same, but in the body of your email, say whatever you would like NBC to know. BE PASSIONATE. Tell them why the world needs American Dreams.

Also, pass this on to anyone and everyone. Mr. Prince is hoping for hundreds and hundreds of emails, but I know you guys... we can get THOUSANDS. We can do this! KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the help and info., I'll definitely do my part this week
Old 03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

thanks for the info!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am posting this letter on behalf of Jonathan Prince. He sent it to me by email this morning.

To the Friends and Fans of “American Dreams” –

When I first wrote the pilot script for our show, I had no idea where the series might lead. (In fact, I had no idea we'd even make the pilot at all) But I knew that I wanted to create a show about families. A show about raising children. A show that might provide a safe place for families to sit and watch together. One that provokes discussion and provides an entertaining and emotional distraction. An hour to get your son off the Xbox, your daughter off her text-messaging, and you and your spouse away from the TIVO…

And “American Dreams” has become that show to so many of you. You, our friends and fans, are connected to the Pryors and the Walkers. You recognize these families that are struggling, but surviving in the difficult times of the 1960’s. Little did I know that because of the tragedy of 9/11 and the war in Iraq, and because of the continued struggle for the rights of women and minorities in the workplace, that our period piece about the 60’s would be one of the most relevant shows on television.

You embrace our fictional families with a flesh and blood connection that feels so very real. (Much in the same way I do.) You worried about JJ in Viet Nam. You get angry with Jack. You feel for Henry. You pray for Helen. You get annoyed with Patty. You hope the best for Meg. You're happy she has Roxanne. You empathize with these characters, as you and your family struggle to survive our own challenging time in history.

You love the actors and the writing. You love the music and the pop culture. You love the classic artists and today’s artists re-interpreting the great songs of the 60’s. You love the way the show makes you feel, while you're watching it… and for a while afterwards. How it makes you feel about the characters in the show, about the stories, and maybe even about your own family.

You love the same things about this show that I do. And when I read your comments on line, I'm moved by them. Influenced by them. Grateful that you're watching and writing and critiquing and commenting.

Your support has meant so much to me. And to our cast and crew.

Please keep it up. You can make a difference. Your emails and postcards are being heard and read. In fact, I recently printed the latest version of one of your on-line petitions, and plunked the 550 page document on the President of NBC's desk! So spread the word, have people add their names to that petition, as I will do it again some time in April.

You can help me keep this show on the air. Whether it’s on Sundays or Wednesdays or whatever night NBC deems right…

And this week, if you're moved to do so, please send your emails after the show, (to AmericanDreams@nbcuni.com.) The folks at NBC are listening, they are looking to see this Thursday morning if we really do have the kind of organized fan support that I've been bragging about.

I hope you enjoy this Wednesday’s Season Finale. I hope it breaks your heart a little bit. I hope it leaves you longing for more.

With gratitude,

Jonathan Prince
Old 03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
New Fan

are we allowed multiple e-mails per address?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for that letter!! I am going to do my part!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I have like nine emails addresses I've acquired overtime because of various reasons...so I'll definitely be emailing on every single one...STILL HOPING!!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorexme
I have like nine emails addresses I've acquired overtime because of various reasons...so I'll definitely be emailing on every single one...STILL HOPING!!

wow I have been sooo busy i haven't bee here for a while sorry about that I missed y'all I know I'm going to use all of my e-mails too

mandy

Jim: Hmmm, I'd say 1 in 6.
Pam: What?
Jim: Oh, I thought you asked me what our chances were in being murdered here tonight.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Im bumping this thread, so everyone remembers to send those emails.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I wrote, so I hope that will help!

icon: autumnღfairytale
Old 03-31-2005, 06:39 AM
Absolute Fan

sent mine!!! :0
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I wrote on like half of my emails, writing the other half now.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

I've sent two e-mails.

I think it's great to hear that our hard work to save the show is actually being recognized, and appreciated.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I just found this thread today, but I wrote my email and sent it. I hope we help save the show.

Dodger - For him.
Literati - For what they once were.

If it's not right -- it's not the end.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

hi

I want to send an email but I'm living in Belgium and I love the show !! so to be sure and post at the right time here , someone can tell me exactly when I have to send the email , please ??
thankssssssss I hope AD won't stop !!!!

Amy