Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Your Favourite Episodes

I thought it might be kinda cool to each list our personal favourite episode with maybe a bit about why. I figured as many as you want to include, I know ordering this kind of thing can be quite difficult.

So these are the ones I know for sure right now. The rest I will need to think about.

1. 1x23 Silence.
I've been talking to... I've been talking to... God.

I love that Joan tells Adam that she's been seeing God, knowing that if anyone is going to believe her it's Adam, going back to the scene in the early part of the season when they first really talked and there was the talking the angels thing. It has the awesome Grace Luke scene which is still after all these years one of my top tv scenes ever. That alone propells it to the top. But I love how they manage to unravel a faith that was built over the entire season from the pilot and call it into question that was an amazing way to end a season.

2. 1x12 Jump
Dearest boy, my Adam. I dreamed a dream, you and I facing each other in a tiny yellow boat on green water under blue sky. Me and my son and the yellow boat. And we laugh and the boat rocks and the ripples spread from boat to pond to sea to sky. And nothing can stop them, nothing ever will. When you think of me, Adam, know that in a world of pain you were and always will be my joy. Love, Mom.

The Adam stuff in this episode. It's very teary, but amazing. I also loved how we got to see (well hear) a bit of Grace/Adam as kids from Grace filling Joan in. Also, Grace/Luke awesome tension as they work together. And best of all Adam/Joan kiss at the end covered in feathers.

3. 1x11 The Uncertainty Principle
Almost everybody has some light, somewhere. And light is always worth fighting for.

I really enjoyed and was intrigued by the Ramsey storyline, it was almost regrettable to me that it was as Joan's missions are a one episode only deal. And I liked that Ramsey tied in with Adam (with them having used to be friends). Overall it was a stellar episode and it was also a great Grace/Luke episode, so it was a all round win for me. I'm a particular fan of when Joan explores the darker elements, such as this one with Ramsey. Damn, we didn't get that 3rd season.

So, that's all I'm going to do right now, I shall continue later, in the meantime, what are your favourite episodes?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Anna

Such a great idea for a thread

Here's mine

1. Do the Math.

I just love the scene at the end with Adam and Joan on the porch and Howie Day singing .... I had been listening to his album for a long time and was so surprised to see it used.

2. Jump,

What's more to say feathers, kiss awwww!! Plus Luke and Grace were so cute in that ep.

3. Silence

Wow ... just everything about this episode whether or not Joan was really seeing God was an interesting direction to take. And the ending with all the Gods in one room.

4. Queen of the Zombies

I loved hearing Amber singing and Broadway God was hilarous!

5. Common Thread.

For me it was the scene with Joan and Grace when Grace confronts Joan about the fact that she keeps secrets. I think when Grace said that Joan realised how many people she had been shutting out.

I think that's it for the minute
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
5. Common Thread.

For me it was the scene with Joan and Grace when Grace confronts Joan about the fact that she keeps secrets. I think when Grace said that Joan realised how many people she had been shutting out.
Oh yeah, the Joan/Grace moment in that episode was really pivotal. It showed how Grace did notice Joan's oddness.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone else have some favourite episodes or scenes that they'd like to share?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
Does anyone else have some favourite episodes or scenes that they'd like to share?
It seems it's just you and me talking to each other, Bella.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
It seems it's just you and me talking to each other, Bella.
It seems like that
Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Sorry - I have been busy and haven't been online much lately

some of my favorites (in no particular order):

1) Only Connect - the scene at the end with Cute Boy God really gets to me and is definitely my favorite part of this episode. The rest is okay but seeing CBG and the conversation He and Joan have really makes the episode for me.

2) Silence - I thought this was probably the most well-done episode of the show. This episode felt really powerful to me, and there is so much that goes on in it w/ Helen having her dream about CBG, Will and Helen meeting up at the hospital, Adam wondering what Joan will be like, and of course Joan having her crisis of faith.

3) Common Thread - I loved the Joan/Grace moment we got when Grace talks to Joan about all her secret-keeping. It showed a true friendship moment, showed the Grace has grown as a character a lot (there was a time when she definitely would not have said anything at all and wouldn't have cared either), and the introduction of Ryan was so chilling!

4) I don't remember the episode title, but I loved the episode where they each get deposed about Kevin's accident - it really opened up the accident storyline and it was nice to get some of Kevin's history, which helped really make his character deeper.

Very good thread idea

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing Gabriela
Old 01-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
Sorry - I have been busy and haven't been online much lately

some of my favorites (in no particular order):

1) Only Connect - the scene at the end with Cute Boy God really gets to me and is definitely my favorite part of this episode. The rest is okay but seeing CBG and the conversation He and Joan have really makes the episode for me.
That scene is really powerful, the music, the street and everything just drives that scene home. It's a great ending to the first episode back.

Quote:
2) Silence - I thought this was probably the most well-done episode of the show. This episode felt really powerful to me, and there is so much that goes on in it w/ Helen having her dream about CBG, Will and Helen meeting up at the hospital, Adam wondering what Joan will be like, and of course Joan having her crisis of faith.
Well, I agree, as evidenced by this being my number one pick. There was so much right with this episode.

Quote:
3) Common Thread - I loved the Joan/Grace moment we got when Grace talks to Joan about all her secret-keeping. It showed a true friendship moment, showed the Grace has grown as a character a lot (there was a time when she definitely would not have said anything at all and wouldn't have cared either), and the introduction of Ryan was so chilling!
It was really cool to see that part of their friendship, that closeness which hadn't been explored much before, although they have had friend-y moments, this was more than that. Joan/Grace friendship would have been cool to see in s3 with Grace getting more sus of Joan and maybe Joan letting her in on the secret...it kind of seemed like this episode was maybe making the way for that in a way.

Quote:
4) I don't remember the episode title, but I loved the episode where they each get deposed about Kevin's accident - it really opened up the accident storyline and it was nice to get some of Kevin's history, which helped really make his character deeper.

Very good thread idea
No Future, right? I'm not a huge fan of this episode, or that storyline, personally.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was really cool to see that part of their friendship, that closeness which hadn't been explored much before, although they have had friend-y moments, this was more than that. Joan/Grace friendship would have been cool to see in s3 with Grace getting more sus of Joan and maybe Joan letting her in on the secret...it kind of seemed like this episode was maybe making the way for that in a way.
I think so to. As it was such an important moment. I would of loved to of seen that to be explored more.

It really does deliver the message that your friends are there to help you and there's no shame in going to talk to them about your problems.

I don't know, that's what it really felt like for me. I guess as I could relate to some extent as I'm a very guarded person and one of my friends does point that out from time time.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
4. Queen of the Zombies

I loved hearing Amber singing and Broadway God was hilarous!
I agree! Although I wasn't a huge fan of the episode in general, I really love the part when Joan rises up on the moon and starts singing - I thought Amber was amazing. I also didn't mind "Johnny Godway"

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I agree! Although I wasn't a huge fan of the episode in general, I really love the part when Joan rises up on the moon and starts singing - I thought Amber was amazing. I also didn't mind "Johnny Godway"
Oh that was so pretty

I know!! Look out So You Think You Can Dance
Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Supreme Fan

It was really pretty - I was shocked because I had no idea that Amber Tamblyn could sing at all. I remember after that episode someone said something along the lines of "uh oh...watch out for her album hitting stores soon.." I'm glad she deicided not to take that route though

I will say that almost any episode with Cute Boy God in it is probably one of my favorites - I just feel like Kris Lemche was awesome in that role and he was the God that resonated most I think. I loved the line when he tells Joan that he will have to send her to the basement

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's something she likes to do, but acting is her main focus. I guess if she ever wants to do theatre later on it'll come in handy

I loved Cute Boy God, I think he was really good at relating to Joan and to the audience.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

I have both seasons on DVD but I only recently managed to unlock my DVD player and Im currently watching it from the beginning so I may add episoedes as I go

The Uncertainty Principle - awesome. Adam was great in it and I liked the "moral" of it how even a little bit of kindness can have profound impact. plus Luke and Grace were beyond words in this epi.

Jump - I think feathers pretty much sumps it up but it was so full of couple-y moments - the sexual tension talk, Luke and Grace almost kiss and then the feathers. also we got to kow more about Adam and the scene with the letter was simply beautiful