Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Passionate Fan

It's a real shame the network couldn't be reasonable and actually let the show for at least another season, rather than replacing it with crap.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know .... I can't stand Ghost Whisperer. I tried watching it but I just can't watch it.

I think it's me. Whenever I love a show it gets cancelled
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have that same problem. I lost three shows this year: Boston Legal, Pushing Daisies, and my beloved Battlestar Galactica, which will be over in a couple months. Sometimes, I hate the business of television (especially in Boston Legal's case, because they always got good and consistent ratings for their timeslot, their demographic just happened to be older people because they weren't ashamed to have older actors in their cast. But that is a rant for another location.)

Our local newspaper puts out an insert every Sunday with the best bets for TV that week. It is untoward how many times Ghost Whisperer ends up as Friday's best bet.

"I'm just a simple anarchist trying to get through my day" - Grace ~ JoA
Old 01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here in Australia they never did finish the series. They stopped it at some point during S2 about 3 years ago and it hasn't been on since and the DVD's aren't available to buy here either
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Lucky. People here watch that pile of excretment. I try to make disparaging remarks about it whenever someone mentions it though, as if that helps, but.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GW? Yeah they show that here It rates quite well
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Not sure about the ratings here, but yeah I think it does okay... which annoys me.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I am glad to see I am not the only one who stays bitter about the shows that replace my beloved cancelled shows. I still don't like Firefly because it replaced Dark Angel I think I might actually like Ghost Whisperer if I watched it ( ) but I will not be won over by the show that replaced JoA! Plus, it kind of seems like a rip-off of Medium.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

JLH annyos me in GW. That's my problem. She never really bothered me in Party of Five. But GW I don't know I just can't get into the show at all.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I am glad to see I am not the only one who stays bitter about the shows that replace my beloved cancelled shows. I still don't like Firefly because it replaced Dark Angel I think I might actually like Ghost Whisperer if I watched it ( ) but I will not be won over by the show that replaced JoA! Plus, it kind of seems like a rip-off of Medium.
You're not the only one, I've always been a TV grudge holder. I was adamant from the beginning to never watch Ghost Whisperer, and to mock at every opportunity.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Supreme Fan

If only the cast and crew of JoA knew that they have such avid fans

I just so wish we could have seen the whole Ryan storyline play out. I think this show had one of the worst series enders just because that plotline actually would have been amazing, I think...they left us on such an awful cliffhanger! Even Gilmore Girls, who didn't know whether they would be coming back or not, had an ending that at least had some sort of finality.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know ..... I was so sad when I saw the last episode as Ryan was such an interesting character I wanted to know more about him.

I loved the ending for Gilmore Girls
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I just so wish we could have seen the whole Ryan storyline play out. I think this show had one of the worst series enders just because that plotline actually would have been amazing, I think...they left us on such an awful cliffhanger! Even Gilmore Girls, who didn't know whether they would be coming back or not, had an ending that at least had some sort of finality.
I know, it blew the whole series right open for a season 3 to take a different turn and I guess that was a risk that didn't pay off because we're left with endless possibilities and no resolution. There really should have been some tie up, a movie, a shortened series, books, anything...something.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Supreme Fan

I agree I'm not sure how I would have liked the Ryan storyline to go as far as what kind of impact he would have had...I had no idea what kind of "battle" the writers were envisioning, like whether there would be a lot of devestation going on in the form of fires, floods, bad weather, etc, or if it would have continued on the church burning storyline but gotten maybe more brutal or violent, like murder or severe injury to someone Joan is close to....

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I never really thought about how Ryan would have been being "evil". We really need the writers to tell it where it was going to go.