Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

It says that they had been living there for 4 months in the the pilot... somewhere... I'm pretty sure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by aspergian:
<STRONG>What's with so many students in Arcadia High wearing hats? I don't know if many schools still have a no-hat policy but we've seen Joan with a toque more than once, Adam with a similar configuration, and soforth (looking at other passerby student in the hallways).</STRONG>
I've noticed this as well, as well as everyone seems to be covered up. It might have been because it was Summer over here as the episodes played along but it just seems sometimes like they are living in Antarctica :shrugs:

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam loves Jane:
<STRONG>It says that they had been living there for 4 months in the the pilot... somewhere... I'm pretty sure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Four months - to get that established, I can sorta of see how the house is so packed and everything. I clean my room and within a day, it's back to a mess so I can see that happening with the Giradi home.
With the doctors thing, I can see them knowing him well because it's Kevin and Helen is really protective so he probably saw the doctor a lot.
Plus we dont know how far they moved from? It could just have been the next district policing wise meaning that they only moved because it sounds better for the Chief of Police to live in the community :shrugs:
Old 04-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajoey:
<STRONG>

I've noticed this as well, as well as everyone seems to be covered up. It might have been because it was Summer over here as the episodes played along but it just seems sometimes like they are living in Antarctica :shrugs:</STRONG>

I agree on the whole Antarctica thing...I noticed that Joan often wears a a long scarf, it might be part of her style, but really, I live in Canada and even though summer here isn't THAT hot, I wouldn't be able to wear a scarf...maybe I'm just over thinking the whole show's wardrobe..
Old 04-05-2004, 07:47 PM
New Fan

Does anyone know where they film Joan of Arcadia? I can't seem to find out where they film it....

Joan of Arcadia and Everwood - Two of the Best Shows on TV

Keeper of: Amber Tamblyn and Adam Rove's beanies.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Supreme Fan

I've only been able to see some of the JoA episodes and I was curious about Joan and Adam. Can anyone give me a quick overview of what's happened between them?
I know that they kissed at the party thing God had her have at her house, but beyond that and Do The Math, I don't know much about the two together..
Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll leave the Adam and Jane question to someone who can truly write about the relationship in it's sweet way.

JoA is filmed in Los Angeles - I dont know where exactly but I know the school shots are filmed at the high school in El Segundo which interestingly enough was where Amber probably shot most of her scenes when she was on Boston Publicas it filmed there at one point of another
Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 AM
New Fan

Thank you Elizajoey, I was sure I heard somewhere that it wasn't filmed in California. I guess I heard wrong. I was just wondering because I was seeing if there was anyway that I could be an extra [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Seeing as I live around there, there may be a chance! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia and Everwood - Two of the Best Shows on TV

Keeper of: Amber Tamblyn and Adam Rove's beanies.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Just to add - I think some of the scenery shots came from somewhere else - that might be what you heard. I cant remember exactly but for some reason, Wilmington rings a bell
Old 04-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay... I got a question for all you anal retentive JoA fans that might have nothing to do but ponder away and probably want to strangle me for even asking such a inane question:

How old is Joan Girardi really and what grade is she in? As of this current moment, as of this year? I know at the beginning of the series we're introduced to Joan Girardi as a young sixteen year old that talks to God...

But now is the new year, November has passed, and in Drive, He Said, her birthdate said: 11-24-1987... which is four days shy of my own brother's birthdate and he's the exact same age of Joan.

But then technically, my brother's 17 now and graduating high school... what about Joan? Is she currently a Junior going on Senior year next year? Or is she a sophomore going on Junior year?

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Yeah... this is for those that would have nothing better to do than ponder... like yours truly... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks to everybody who replied to my question [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I thought I was going insane for a minute there...well more insane but let us not go there LOL.

I never thought of them just moving a couple countys over before. I pictured them moving across the country. So the couple countys over is a very good idea. It makes perfect sense. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG> to strangle me for even asking such a inane question:

How old is Joan Girardi really and what grade is she in? As of this current moment, as of this year? I know at the beginning of the series we're introduced to Joan Girardi as a young sixteen year old that talks to God...

But now is the new year, November has passed, and in Drive, He Said, her birthdate said: 11-24-1987... which is four days shy of my own brother's birthdate and he's the exact same age of Joan.

But then technically, my brother's 17 now and graduating high school... what about Joan? Is she currently a Junior going on Senior year next year? Or is she a sophomore going on Junior year?

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Yeah... this is for those that would have nothing better to do than ponder... like yours truly... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree that this is an inane question but I will endeavour to answer it anyway.

Throughout, the whole thing, JoA has never concentrated on their age - everything has been universal in the school idea. Maybe it's because the writers/BH didnt want to deal with the idea that she will leave school later but I think there has been creative license with the school.
Luke, being the younger brother is in AP Chem - I cant remember them every saying that he skipped a grade of anything. I'm not in the US system of schooling so I get a bit lost with the AP stuff but wouldn't it be based on grades anyway.

Although, after saying that. You know how you can be either the oldest in the grade or the youngest because of when you decide to go to school - at least over here you can be. So maybe, Joan is one of the oldest in her grade and because of that, there is enough time for Luke to be able to be in the same grade.

You didn't actually ask that question but i'm thinking out loud.

I think, therefore that Joan is a junior at the moment. There is really nothing to suggest it but that's my feeling...

If that makes any sense at all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~Shannon:
<STRONG>I agree on the whole Antarctica thing...I noticed that Joan often wears a a long scarf, it might be part of her style, but really, I live in Canada and even though summer here isn't THAT hot, I wouldn't be able to wear a scarf...maybe I'm just over thinking the whole show's wardrobe..</STRONG>
Although, I noticed in DTM, Joan was wearing lighter clothes - in the scene where Adam is finding CD's and Joan is practising - her shirt is pretty much Springy
Old 04-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

~*Well as for Joan's age and grade I think they will more than likely try to keep her in school as long as possible so I am betting that even though she is more than likely a junior she will end up being a junior next year as well. They do that almost all shows that have teens. The kids in Smallville should be seniors and they aren't and how long did the kids in That 70's show go to highschool?

~*My question where do you think they live? Is it Cali?Maybe Washington state? I think Amber said she thought is was the east coast but they have never said. Now Richard was in Baltimore and it took him no time to arrive in Arcadia. Hmmmm

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
Old 04-10-2004, 05:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SydneySummers:
[QB~*My question where do you think they live? Is it Cali?Maybe Washington state? I think Amber said she thought is was the east coast but they have never said. Now Richard was in Baltimore and it took him no time to arrive in Arcadia. Hmmmm[/QB]
Hmmm..great question and how weird that I was just discussing where it takes place with my dad. His theory was that Richard flew to Arcadia from out of state and was just in town visitng. I highly doubt this though. I know planes are fast butI cannot see a Doctor just dropping everything and flying away even for a day. That said I agree with those who think it is Maryland as due to all the warm clothing we have all noticed and the snow in some scences this is a cold state. Of course the place, like the age of the characters does not really matter but yes I am one of those obsessive anal retentive fans.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now I have a question that my dad brought up it may seem spoilerish but it is based on nothing we have read anywhere just a theory. Do you think Richard being a docotr will somehow tie into Kevin's search for a second opinion from another doctor? We have no idea what kind of doctor he is but anything is possible. Thoughts?

[ 04-10-2004: Message edited arcadianangel34 ]
Old 04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was wondering when we get new episodes...I'm a very tired of the stupid basketball games that have been replacing it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey i have a question that i don't know if you can answer it on fact or opinion. Is Joan a Sophmore or a Junior?

First i thought she was a Sophmore, but then i relized that she is 16 in the beginning of the year and so she could be a junior. Then, i haven't seen "do the math" But, i heard she is in geometry. I go to a private Catholic School and i dont know if it is totally different from public schools but i know that at my school Geometry is a 1 or 2 year class, the lowest class is algebra 1. im going to be a sophmore next year, also 16, and i know im taking geometry since it is a second year class. I also know that AP chem is a 2 or 3 year class, im taking AP chem as a 2nd year class since i took Biology as a 1 year class. So based on what i know about my school Joan could be a Sophmore... or her, adam, and iris completely sucked at math and are taking a 2nd year course in their 3rd year she could be a Junior

Ok really long note... if she was in grade 10 that would mean Luke was in grade 9 and he totally doesn't act like how all of my friends from public and catholic school act as a frosh. So i just wanna get the FACTS if there are any on this topic or your own OPINIONS!

.:. Lanie .:.

ICON