Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool!!! There's no escaping the Aussies

I was going to see it again when I had a week off work but the cinema's air con wasn't working and it was 36C outside so I'd hate to imagine what it would be like sitting in the cinema for 2 hours.

I'll get the DVD though
Old 01-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Amazon has the DVD up for pre-order now ... I've got my order in!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseedough (View Post)
Amazon has the DVD up for pre-order now ... I've got my order in!
I saw that. I was saying to the girls on the Aussie Twilight thread that I hope they've got enough in stock as I pre-ordered a season of Gilmore Girls and they didnt' ship it to me on the day it was supposed to be shipped. I know it sounds a bit silly but it meant that I couldn't get my DVD for the weekend as they had run out.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Passionate Fan

So you ended up liking Twilight then, Bella?

It hasn't started playing at my town yet, which I'm kinda glad of because I don't really want to see it, but I feel a tiny bit obliged since Michael W is in it. It's only a little bit, I think, so I'm not 100% sold on seeing it as of yet.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna!!

I think at this stage I appreciate the books more than the movie. The movie was better a 2nd time around and I will get it on DVD as I'm getting some DVD's from Amazon in March so I thought I might as well add it to the cart

I think its probably best to maybe watch it on DVD. As some of the fans get a bit silly in the cinema and they kind of ruin it for you.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
Anna!!

I think at this stage I appreciate the books more than the movie. The movie was better a 2nd time around and I will get it on DVD as I'm getting some DVD's from Amazon in March so I thought I might as well add it to the cart
It's amazing how many things can creep into those Amazon carts before you get to the checkout.

Quote:
I think its probably best to maybe watch it on DVD. As some of the fans get a bit silly in the cinema and they kind of ruin it for you.
Oh yeah. That's true. I don't think I could stand people swooning over Edward all around me for 2hrs. I don't get the whole thing, granted I've never read the books, but from what I've heard and seen so far, I don't really get the appeal. I think I missed the boat on that one (thankfully).
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I know

I Amazon ... I don't know what I'd do without it.

I think I like the idea of Edward. But in real life I couldn't stand him as he can come across as too controlling.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

So Bella ... do wanna trade your 35 degrees for my -17 (comes with about 8 inches of snow)

Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes please. Though I'm also going to swap places with Sarah (Talkative One) as she also has plenty of snow for me.

Btw it was 39C today and tomorrow its going to be 40C.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome to it ... -18C right now.

Hope you have a nice weekend!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi John

I don't know what its like to have it that cold. The coldest temperature I've experienced was in Canberra (capitial of Australia) and it was -4C

Have you read the Twilight books yet?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Oh I know

I Amazon ... I don't know what I'd do without it.
I know. I have bought so much stuff from there, pity the dollar hates me right now. Or, it might actually be a good thing, it stops me from buying from there.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
I know. I have bought so much stuff from there, pity the dollar hates me right now. Or, it might actually be a good thing, it stops me from buying from there.
I still buy even if the dollar isn't very good. As some DVD's you can't get here or they haven't shown the season or I'm super impatient and can't wait for it to be released

Though even with the dollar the DVD's in most cases work out cheaper or you get better extras.

It's 41C at the moment
Old 01-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I still buy even if the dollar isn't very good. As some DVD's you can't get here or they haven't shown the season or I'm super impatient and can't wait for it to be released

Though even with the dollar the DVD's in most cases work out cheaper or you get better extras.
Oh I know what you mean. Amazon can have the stuff way cheaper even with conversion & shipping than the stores here. Or, the seasons won't be released here for donkeys years. Either way Amazon is a godsend for me. My whole family is a bit addicted really, when the NZ$ was high I think we were almost on a constant watch for some amazon package to arrive.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it when the US dollar was at 95cents .. that was good