Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have blocked Hal out of my mind completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
these two had history?

when was it mentioned? might have missed it
No confirmed history, but with the mentions of going to high school together and the chemistry they have together, we're speculating that something must have happened between them back then.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am hoping we will get to see the backstory.
Emily
Old 07-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh okay fair enough thanks

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 07-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope we get to see the background story to these two, be a lot of fun to see them act it out. I bet they were the hottest couple ❤️
Old 07-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
I have blocked Hal out of my mind completely.

No confirmed history, but with the mentions of going to high school together and the chemistry they have together, we're speculating that something must have happened between them back then.
Exactly But when have we ever seen Alice speechless? LOL. I'm not sure of how tightnit the South Side folks are but considering how small of a town Riverdale is I suspect that if it's anything like the place where I grew up, it's more than likely FP knew Alice pretty well.

I can't remember Hal's reputation in high school, but if we piece together what we know I'm a believer, lol. #TheTruthIsOutThere
  1. FP is BMOC
  2. Hal and Alice are well known HS Sweethearts
  3. FP knows about Hal and Alice's spat...and judging from her reaction it isn't about her being a teen mom.

The most telling is the dinner scene and FP and Alice's interaction which I have to see again, it only perked my interest when Alice was frantic. In a way, Alice's venom towards FP is different than with the other people she knew from HS. Even when she's trying to make FP look bad...notice his reaction to her initially...he knew she was goading him and I don't think it was merely for the sake of Betty or Jughead. FP's interaction with Betty is as telling...and Hermoine went to school with FP so I'm curious about her response to him as a Serpent...like when did he join?

I know, I'm full of questions and speculations but aside from Jughead, these two captivate my attention completely.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I like about them. She isn't afraid of him at all and he puts her in her place.
Emily
Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Right? I can't wait until we get to episode 11 of the #RiverdaleRewind eps here on FF. I just re-watched and speculating what we know now? I mean the dynamic is telling.

When FP shows up, everything is cordial and fake smiles; it's not until Hal enters the scene that there's a shift...like FP isn't as willing to play nice. He resents the Coopers, in particular Hal...for whatever reason...

FP: Fred and me, we were all set to play at the dance...and I was backstage dropping off our gear when I heard these voices yelling...(looks to Betty) it was your mom and dad...they were fighting about...I don't know what but it sounded like life or death.

Alice: Shut up, FP.

FP: Happy to obliged if you are...I don't care what you think of me, Alice, but don't jerk me around...not in front of my son..."

The obvious fact is that FP has dirt on Alice and he was manipulating her. However, remember prior to this, I believe in Ep 10, FP remarks that he knows Alice is from the South Side.

So yes, FP was throwing out a warning to Alice...but the looks exchanged between them. Even when FP describes the fighting...I don't know if he paused because he didn't want the truth about the baby to come out OR if it's a sensitive subject because of his past (let's pretend) with Alice.

What if FP wasn't completely telling the truth? What if he was setting up gear getting ready to play at the dance...but an extension of that is because FP wanted to see Alice, maybe he knew about the baby (if it is his) and she planned to break things off with Hal...but at the end of the dance something happened that made Alice change her mind. Maybe FP thought Alice aborted the baby just as Hal planned but didn't know she never intended to go through with it but chose adoption. How messed up would it be if Hal sabotaged FP and Alice getting together by making FP think she aborted the baby and making Alice think he (FP) didn't want to raise the baby?

I mean I could easily see miscommunication like FP confronting Alice with him asking her if what Hal said was true? If the baby is gone? She admits it, and says something along the lines that FP would be a lousy father, etc. Thus playing into Hal's schemes...and if, this a big IF, wanted to hold onto Alice it would be for show. I can't imagine how insecure Hal is let alone losing Alice to FP....

Ok, I know this like crazy fiction but seeing the 3 of them at the dinner and knowing so little about what happened at prom is like the stuff of fanfic...well should be lol.

Sorry for the ramble lol

Last edited by TheMovieGrrl; 07-06-2017 at 10:46 PM
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what he has on her. Really want to see more of them in season 2
Old 07-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieGrrl (View Post)
Right? I can't wait until we get to episode 11 of the #RiverdaleRewind eps here on FF. I just re-watched and speculating what we know now? I mean the dynamic is telling.

When FP shows up, everything is cordial and fake smiles; it's not until Hal enters the scene that there's a shift...like FP isn't as willing to play nice. He resents the Coopers, in particular Hal...for whatever reason...

The obvious fact is that FP has dirt on Alice and he was manipulating her. However, remember prior to this, I believe in Ep 10, FP remarks that he knows Alice is from the South Side.

What if FP wasn't completely telling the truth? What if he was setting up gear getting ready to play at the dance...but an extension of that is because FP wanted to see Alice, maybe he knew about the baby (if it is his) and she planned to break things off with Hal...but at the end of the dance something happened that made Alice change her mind. Maybe FP thought Alice aborted the baby just as Hal planned but didn't know she never intended to go through with it but chose adoption. How messed up would it be if Hal sabotaged FP and Alice getting together by making FP think she aborted the baby and making Alice think he (FP) didn't want to raise the baby?
They definitely have history. He was definitely jealous of Hal. Alice was super defensive. I get the feeling she used to be a different person when she was young and didn't want people to know about it.
Emily
Old 07-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
They definitely have history. He was definitely jealous of Hal. Alice was super defensive. I get the feeling she used to be a different person when she was young and didn't want people to know about it.
Oh definitely! I mean we barely know much about FP's past but if he was BMOC does that mean he was a SouthSider from the start? People tend to look at the South Side as a "bad" place...it would be interesting if post high school Alice and FP ended up switching places...

meaning FP wasn't originally from the Southside but was a Townie, and Alice vice versa? I think that would sting as much if not more for FP if Alice did a reversal of fortune...

I mean do we even know at what point FP ended up kind of a mess? I doubt don't he loves Jughead and Jellybean...and the mother of his kids...but it seems that 1/2 of the adults the catalyst for changed happened in the later part of high school.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

What does BMOC stand for?
Old 07-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Big man n campus?
Emily
Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
Big man n campus?
Against_all_odds Just like Barstool Prophet explained it means Big Man on Campus. It's a title/nickname that's more than a popularity contest. It means he's held at a high standard. He was a star quarterback which meant - seeing how obsessed they are about football in Riverdale - he was a big deal. So we know that FP was in a band with Fred, he was a star quarterback, and was at some point going places...

So, my question is if FP was the BMOC how did Hal and Alice end up as Prom King and Queen?
Was Hal a football player too? Hmm..

I think that's what seemed off...Even if Hal/Alice dated and were considered sweethearts, we never know for how long...And what did Alice do before? She seems to really have it out for Hermoine and Penelope...we see this by how much she warns Betty about girls like Veronica and Cheryl.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

We don't know much about his wife (I can't remember her name) maybe she was a 'mean girl' who stole FP away from Alice. Which could be why she's against girls like Veronica and Cheryl it might also explain why she approves of Jughead for Betty, he's definitely not the star quarterback or in a band etc.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Hal knows about there past? I want to see more of it in season 2 FP and Alice ❤️
Closed Thread   Post New Thread